FE gift to make sundaes......

Billinaz

Moving within sight of Port Canaveral!
Im thinking of doing an FE gift to make sundaes.

Has anyone found any small individual packets of sprinkles that I can buy?

Kroger sometimes has some. I've also seen them at Meijer, if you have one of those. There's some baking supplies near the Tupperware in the Housewares section. Also, Amazon, Hobby Lobby, and Michaels have them.

If you can't find sprinkles you could buy a bag of the fun size candy packets of M&Ms, gummy bears, etc. Candy is always good on sundaes.

I bought these to put the sprinkles in- https://www.dollartree.com/cooking-concept-silicone-travel-dressing-containers/236908, and then just bought black, white and red sprinkles from Michaels (https://www.michaels.com/wilton-nonpareils-sprinkles-pouch/10503254.html#q=nonpareil&start=13). I am hoping that the sprinkles are small enough to go through the little spout.

As someone with a food allergy (in my case celiac) this is a super cute idea but we don’t eat any food items that are not given in original packaging. I imagine the same holds true for families with other types of food allergies or issues.

I thought DCL policy was you aren't permitted to bring foods that were opened or not in their original, sealed packing.

That is the policy, be prepared to have anything thrown out if it's not factory sealed. And a HUGE fine if you try to take stuff off on another port, saw someone stopped and given a fine in Cozumel for having open container food in their backpacks. They had security dogs sniffing everyone as you got off the ship.

As someone with a food allergy (in my case celiac) this is a super cute idea but we don’t eat any food items that are not given in original packaging. I imagine the same holds true for families with other types of food allergies or issues.
I’m just exchanging it within my own family. And I don’t plan to fill the containers until we are on board.
@LongLiveRafiki @lklgoodman

Last edited:
I’m just exchanging it within my own family. And I don’t plan to fill the containers until we are on board.
@LongLiveRafiki @lklgoodman

That's good, I would have hated for them to take it away. Just mentioned about the Cozumel incident, because you never know if someone else is reading a thread and they don't know all the rules about taking food off at ports. Those little containers are cute.

This was my FE gift a few years ago. I did find individually sealed hot fudge packets from a restaurant supply store, but I didn’t have any luck with the sprinkles. I finally found them for $1 a bottle on sale at a local supermarket. I also had a hard time finding individually wrapped bowls and spoons, but I finally found those at Sams Club.

I just made these. I didn’t realize that about the food being sealed, but I took Mickey sprinkles and put a tablespoon or so in tiny zip bags (found in a craft store.) If people don’t eat them, or if they’re removed from my luggage by Disney, oh well. They were fun to make. I shut them closed with Disney emoji stickers :) Fortunately nobody in my group has food allergies, because I also couldn’t find hot fudge packs in time. So I picked up little Nutella packs!

I'm a bit of a germaphobe. If I receive anything that is not factory sealed, I will not eat it. Nor will I let anyone in my family it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter