• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FEA wait times with new FP rollout?

Pdollar88

DIS Veteran
Hi all!

I just got back from a short holiday trip down to FL, and the disboards tips to hit Frozen early were very helpful! The wait was fast-moving and minimal.

I'm returning in March and would love to not get a FP for Frozen -- have 9 am FP for FEA started yet? I saw one for 9 am during the time frame I was there, but didn't know if the full rollout had happened.

Eager to hear reports on if this is changing or will change wait times!

I'm wondering how FEA FP availability at park opening is going to affect stand-by wait times as well.

Yes, Pre-11 AM FPs will have rolled out by then. I have a 10:45 AM in January. I would expect the addition of FPs to increase wait times, especially as you get closer to 11 AM.

According to easywdw, this change is going to mean moving from 2000 standby riders per hour to only 400. I would expect lines to build quickly and be just as long as any other time of day shortly after park opening.

According to easywdw, this change is going to mean moving from 2000 standby riders per hour to only 400. I would expect lines to build quickly and be just as long as any other time of day shortly after park opening.

*sigh* I'm glad I got to experience the magic of a couple of hours without FP. I'll try to get one on our arrival night - my backup plan was to do that and only visit World Showcase that night for a leisurely stroll to Norway and FEA.

Hi all!

I just got back from a short holiday trip down to FL, and the disboards tips to hit Frozen early were very helpful! The wait was fast-moving and minimal.

I'm returning in March and would love to not get a FP for Frozen -- have 9 am FP for FEA started yet? I saw one for 9 am during the time frame I was there, but didn't know if the full rollout had happened.

Eager to hear reports on if this is changing or will change wait times!

What is this new FastPass rollout?

What is this new FastPass rollout?
FP for FEA will start at 9 when the ride opens. Previously they started at 11 when the ride opens at 9. So the first 2 hours the ride was open it was standby only, no fastpass, so the line moved quicker than it does when people are going through the fastpass line.

Curious about this too as I'm planning to Rope drop FEA next week. Already have an afternoon FP that I'm keeping so hopefully I can ride twice.

Yes....I love Frozen

I imagine Rope drop will probably will just work for the first 200 or so people on the standby line.

However, might also be the case that most people with FP feel no pressure to RUSH to the ride and might start showing up closer to 10 am.

I think the 9:00 FP started to day....curious to see how it went.

Glad I saw this thread! Was able to snag one of those early fast passes for an early morning Frozen FP that I desperately wanted!

Curious about this too as I'm planning to Rope drop FEA next week. Already have an afternoon FP that I'm keeping so hopefully I can ride twice.

Yes....I love Frozen

I imagine Rope drop will probably will just work for the first 200 or so people on the standby line.

However, might also be the case that most people with FP feel no pressure to RUSH to the ride and might start showing up closer to 10 am.

I think the 9:00 FP started to day....curious to see how it went.

I’m pretty sure I looked this morning (could’ve been yesterday but I think it was today lol). At 9:45 the lines app said the ride was down but MDE said it was a 40 Minute wait. I suspect it was around 40 minutes right when the ride went down.

I have a 9am fp+ for next Tuesday and another later in the week so I know it at least starts next week.

The whole point of opening FP up at 9 is to reduce the standby line. I think it's a great idea. Also still puzzled why this is such a popular ride, other than it's Frozen and kids lose their minds over Frozen.

I’m pretty sure I looked this morning (could’ve been yesterday but I think it was today lol). At 9:45 the lines app said the ride was down but MDE said it was a 40 Minute wait. I suspect it was around 40 minutes right when the ride went down.

I'm hoping that if I hit FEA after rope drop, I can be done within 20 min or so to head towards Soarin'.

If it takes 40 minutes it kinda defeats the purpose of rope drop...since the ride averages 60 minutes most days.

I already have a FP but would rather do Frozen twice than Soarin'....I guess we all like different things.

I never really got Soarin'.....I think it's OK but most people LOVE it.

The whole point of opening FP up at 9 is to reduce the standby line. I think it's a great idea. Also still puzzled why this is such a popular ride, other than it's Frozen and kids lose their minds over Frozen.
It’s still a new ride, and one of the biggest issues is that it is slow loading and has a relatively small capacity.

That makes me wonder what will happen if Coco replaces the Three Caballeros in Mexico. I don’t see how the current ride could handle all the new guests.

FEA is on par with many other rides at Disney (Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, Na'vi River, etc...) As for why it is so popular...I would say it is a combination of being new, being Frozen, and Epcot not really having a lot of super popular rides (FEA, TT, Soarin) to spread people out. Personally, I love Frozen, am over Soarin', and can single rider TT, so that makes the choice of Tier 1 FP super easy when FEA is available. That said, I will not wait more than maybe 30-40 minutes for ANY ride. I will either FP it, ride it before 11 AM (no longer an option), or just wait until I can get a FP.

39 minute wait according to lines right now. It was down earlier when I checked before 9 am (there are EMH today)

39 minute wait according to lines right now. It was down earlier when I checked before 9 am (there are EMH today)

Right after it comes back online after being down the wait times are shorter, but build quickly. It went down one time when I had a FP. I waited and came back and it had recently reopened. The standby time was 40 minutes when I got in the FP line. It was up to 2 hours when I got off the ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter