Fear of Flying?

ilovefh

Is it Disney time yet?
I'm not too sure where this belongs, but I have a question about flying. I will be flying on Monday, and because of some insurance problems (they went from BCBS to some generic co. and told us ALL benefits will be the same, but it took some working out first) didnt get to the dr. to get a prescription for my anxiety while flying. Has anyone used anything over the counter that has relaxed them while flying? I'm not driving, so anything that would make me unable to "handle heavy machinery" is no problem! Thanks for any input!!

Elena

If you have any motion sickness type issues, Dramamine is very helpful. If you do not get the "non-drowsy" kind, I have found it makes me very foggy and sleepy. Also, Benadryl makes me foggy and sleepy. While they may not specifically relax you, it may help.

I agree with Michelle!! Last year we flew a little over a month after 9/11 and I was a nervous wreck. I had a few glasses of wine before takeoff and was very relaxed. It helped me a lot!
Good luck

Hi Elena, Try www.fearofflying.com It has a lot of good information.

Also, a friend of mine read a paperback regarding fear of flying, and she is going to get the name of it for me. When she does, I will post it. I personally enjoy flying, but she was a wreck until she read this book. Really helped her!

:wave:

Thanks so much!! Last time we flew I actually tried the drinks before the flight plan....I was emotional wreck..I cried and I mean sobbed the whole take off! I was crying and saying "oh jesus, oh lord, save me"...repeatedly!! LOL my poor boyfriend!

Alcohol will dehydrate you when flying. It is also a depressant. You would be better off taking two Dramamine so you get sleepy. This will also combat any potential motion sickness. I take it on every flight and it helps with my anxiety. Just make sure you take it about 40 minutes prior to departure so it is working for take off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter