• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fear of Rock N Rollercoaster

magicwithvale

Earning My Ears
Hi ! So, i’m going to Disney World on July 24th ( it’s July 8th :scared:) and on the first day I’m going to Hollywood Studios! It’s so exciting for me but I am very nervous about Rock N Rollercoaster! I’m a huge wimp when it comes to coasters but always end up enjoying it at the end. I’m a huge ROTM (Revenge Of The Mummy) fan, but that’s the only launch coaster I’ve ever been on but I went on it 3 times! I don’t know if I’m able to handle RNC, especially since I get very anxious in the queues, the only thing i’m nervous about is the launch and flips , any tips for new time riders?:confused:

I am a roller coaster wimp. I‘ve been on RnR a few times. I close my eyes and can‘t tell when I’m in a loop or upside down. Only the sensation of moving fast comes thru. I been on the Mummy. It’s ok. I refuse to try Hulk or Rip Rocket.
Try it with your eyes closed the first time. Have fun.

First time on RnRC in June. My 8 year old daughter loves coasters and was so excited to do RnRC. She freaked out because her prescription eye glasses came off during the ride. Due to the shoulder restraints she had a hard time grabbing them but miraculously grabbed them coming down. She tells people she doesn’t like RnRC because of that but if I thought ahead and had a strap for the glasses I bet she’d sing about loving the ride.

I love the Revenge of the Mummy. I will go on it multiple times. I will not ride Hulk, Velocicoaster or Rip Ride Rockit - way too scary. I love Everest and can do it multiple times. I only do RnRC very infrequently. It is too much for me. I cannot relax and the stress gives me an awful headache. Plus, no matter what I do my head bangs all over the place. Also, my glasses are an issue. If I wear them, I feel like they are falling off. If I hold them, I'm afraid I'll drop them. I can't function without them, so putting them in a bag is too scary...all of this adds to my stress and self induced (mostly) headache. So, most trips I skip it. My kids love the photos and particularly like making fun of my photo on that ride, so sometimes I give in.

For what's it worth, I didn't even know it went upside down the first few times I went on it. I had my eyes closed the entire time and it's the only upside down roller coaster I've been on, so I guess that's why I didn't realize it.

My guys are telling me it loops and there is a corkscrew.

THe whole ride is over so fast, there really shouldn't be time for me to get so worked up over it. But I do. And the headache is one of those spike to the brain things. It's awful for me. The rest of my gang loves it.

I am not a coaster lover but love RnRc. It's super smooth and like previous posters have said the launch pretty much goes right into the loop it's so fast you don't even realize you have gone upside down. My last trip I was in the very back row and my head banged around quite a bit. Aim for the front or middle of the ride vehicle and have fun

I love the Revenge of the Mummy. I will go on it multiple times. I will not ride Hulk, Velocicoaster or Rip Ride Rockit - way too scary. I love Everest and can do it multiple times. I only do RnRC very infrequently. It is too much for me. I cannot relax and the stress gives me an awful headache. Plus, no matter what I do my head bangs all over the place. Also, my glasses are an issue. If I wear them, I feel like they are falling off. If I hold them, I'm afraid I'll drop them. I can't function without them, so putting them in a bag is too scary...all of this adds to my stress and self induced (mostly) headache. So, most trips I skip it. My kids love the photos and particularly like making fun of my photo on that ride, so sometimes I give in.

For what's it worth, I didn't even know it went upside down the first few times I went on it. I had my eyes closed the entire time and it's the only upside down roller coaster I've been on, so I guess that's why I didn't realize it.
My head slams on the restraints, too. I have tried different things, but nothing helps. I refuse to ride it anymore. This has to do with height. My husband is tall enough that his head is above the restraint, so he has no problem.
I have no problem with my glasses.

This is a tough question because everyone has a different experience. For me, I've been on all the coasters multiple times at Disney World, Disneyland, California Adventure, Six Flags and Universal. I like RnR, but find it to be way too short a ride for the wait. The launch is pretty awesome and then there's a few rolls and loops and it's over. I legitimately think Space Mountain is way more stressful because you can't see anything and the ride is so bumpy. There's no good comparison at Disney, but I do think it is a fun ride. On edit, if you decide to ride you absolutely should ask to sit in the front row. You may wait a few more minutes to get seated but I think it's worth it.

Honestly its one of the more intense roller coasters I've ridden and I LOVE coasters. Its lots of flips and spins plus a very fast take off. As long as you keep your head back at the start honestly super smooth.

I love Mummy but only tolerate RNRC. I usually only ride it once per trip. I hate the launch and dislike the loop. I have to wear a croakie to keep my glasses on; otherwise, they hit the shoulder harness and almost come off. You don't have to ride it if you don't want to. I tend to take a deep breath right before the launch starts, so that I can concentrate on breathing out during the launch.

I love RnR Coaster, has a quick launch but the rest is really smooth -- go for it, you'll love it!
I love coasters, so this is just fun.
Just breathe through the launch. Its over quickly. Then the rest is just fun. You have a loop right at the start and a couple of slower corkscrews. It doesn't have any big drops and is still relatively smooth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter