Fearlessly Fleeting February 2022 W.I.S.H. Thread

Heavy hearted today, we contract with two companies based in Kiev so what is going on really hits home. Earlier in the week we heard that both companies have established plans to move employees out of the country, based on the experience of 2014. General thought was Kiev wasn't immediately in danger, but that has proved not be be accurate. Haven't heard anything yet this morning, but expect to later in the day.

I have meetings pretty much all day, so not planning on trying to get much other work done. I think I'm thankful for that and thankful that I've learned to consider meetings work, not something that gets in the way of work.

And thankful to be headed out for vacation.

Last edited:
I am thankful that I'm home after a long exhausting day...and hoping for a snow day tomorrow.

I am thankful that even if we don't have a snow day tomorrow, the weekend is fast approaching.

I am thankful that the board of education approved "Heroes Pay" for those of us who taught throughout the two years of the pandemic. Anything extra I get will be awesome.

I am thankful for my family, everyone I love, and everyone that loves me.

I would like to get us organized for ☘March☘. Please sign up for the week you prefer to lead.

2/28-3/6:
3/7-3/13: PollyannaMom
3/14-3/20: Summer
3/21-3/27: Sjrec
3/28-4/3: Oneanne

Last edited:
I am doing a bit better today. I had some rough moments yesterday but so far today I haven't needed to take Advil.

I talked with the Cardiologist for DD and we have an appointment for Monday. Things seem to really be pointing to POTS. It will be nice to have an answer but sucks if it is this because there is no cure for it. Just a life style change (high salt diet with tons of water intake. Like 2.5 liters a day). Also just knowing your body and take a breaks before symptoms get bad. Also, there is medication to help.

I was talking to my mom the other night and she has been having similar symptoms as DD and she told me that her sisters are too. All symptoms are pointing to POTS for all of them. So if this is what they all have it will be interesting because it is not genetic that I know of. Though I did read that if you have certain autoimmune diseases you are at a higher risk for it. Celiac was one of them and my mom and Uncle both have it. I have an aunt with type 1 diabetes and another aunt with lupus and alopecia. My grandma had vitiligo (you lose the pigment in the skin) and it is suspected that she had celiac as well but they didn't want to test her for it when my uncle and mom got there diagnosis because she was already further along in her Alzheimer's. Out of all of my mom's siblings only one does not have anything autoimmune but she refuses to go to the doctor to get checked for anything even the yearly screenings. All this stuff and how it is connected is very interesting to me. Hopefully we all get some answers soon. I don't think my aunts have gone to the doctor for it but my mom has. They have been running all sorts of test and DD has been to many doctors as well. We all just want answers.

We had sleet and ice last night-schools had a two hour delay but roads are cleared. Hope to get out later this afternoon to pick up some things to take to my sister’s. And get my nails done. They live on the water in Va, so looking forward to walking on their beach.
Made the tomato soup last night and we really liked it. The only thing I would change is either leaving the chopped onion out or softening it before adding it-it was too crunchy for my taste. I think I would add spinach at the last stage as well. Will enjoy the leftovers for lunch.

Kicking off vacation by sleeping until 9am, it was a restless night so it took that long to get the sleep my body needed. This time tomorrow the airplane will be taxiing down the runway!

Today will be chill, final cleaning and packing, going out for lunch and then getting my massage this afternoon, also need to get gas and air in one tire… I think I can handle it.

It feels surreal to finally be going. I am so hungry to see different things and hear and smell different things. Walking thru the lobby at POP is such cellular memory, I hope I can make it thru without breaking out in tears.

I would like to get us organized for ☘March☘. Please sign up for the week you prefer to lead.

2/28-3/6:
3/7-3/13: PollyannaMom
3/14-3/20: Summer
3/21-3/27: Sjrec
3/28-4/3: Oneanne
Thank you to PollyannaMom, Sjrec, and Oneanne. One slot is left, next week, 2/28-3/6.

Social Saturday

I thought it would be fun to get to know each other better by playing a question/answer game.

560851DA-F23A-49F4-9015-245FDF6B98DF.jpeg
FB4EBA6F-7C6A-48E7-8806-D1818019C02F.jpeg
0430D1CF-F57B-472A-A984-0415F3E5684A.jpeg
924E5143-5F2C-47CA-865E-A67D8F78BAD5.jpeg

3C9AEC19-AFC7-4DBB-8F56-E7DF01F26F72.jpeg

Last edited:
1. My super power: to be able to fly
2. Strawberry Twizzlers
3. I wish I were athletic
4. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Suzie, her manager, and her crazy family
5. I'm usually right on time, but I'm more likely to be early than late

1. My super power: can I be jak jak and have all of them? If not I guess the power to control the weather
2. Sixlets
3. I wish could sing better. I used to be decent but now not so much
4. The Hayworth siblings from HOME ECONMICS (kind of wish I was hanging out with Midge though @Summer2018)
5. When it's just me I am generally early. When it's me and the fam it's just barely on time

Kicking off vacation by sleeping until 9am, it was a restless night so it took that long to get the sleep my body needed. This time tomorrow the airplane will be taxiing down the runway!

Today will be chill, final cleaning and packing, going out for lunch and then getting my massage this afternoon, also need to get gas and air in one tire… I think I can handle it.

It feels surreal to finally be going. I am so hungry to see different things and hear and smell different things. Walking thru the lobby at POP is such cellular memory, I hope I can make it thru without breaking out in tears.
Have a wonderful trip!

A super power I would love to have is to freeze time-my grandson is growing up so fast!

Salt water taffy

I wish I could sing! I don’t have to be the lead singer, just singing in the background in a slinky red dress!

The cast of Bull. They seem like a fun group.

I am usually early. I always have a book with me so never mind waiting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter