Feathers in hair??

ashbradnmom

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if there is a place to get feathers put in hair? My daughter has seen it and mentioned it a few times. Thought it might be fun to do on our trip!:goodvibes

I don't know of any place at Disneyland that does them, but you should be able to get them at a hair salon. You can even order kits to do them yourself on etsy. look for Feather Hair Extensions.

Try looking at a teeny bopper store in the mall, can't think of any names right now. Or even in Walmart near the hair extensions.

They are super easy to do... check out Etsy. You'll save a lot doing it yourself and you can change them as you wish.

My sister had the sparkly tinsel ones put in her hair yesterday at the local mall, extremely cheap, she got 4 strands=$4

You can also get them on ebay and they are fairly inexpensive!

I was going to suggest etsy too. That's where I got mine. I also bought the beads from there. You can have a hair party in your hotel room?? If you want the link to the lady I bought from let me know. They were high quality and lasted like crazy (I have them out right now because my husband stole his needlenose pliers back :P ) But I was able to wash, dry, curl them with no fading :)

There is a kiosk in DTD that will do them. My DD's got clip ins since they are little but the have the other kind too.

This might not be at all helpful, but I know they do not do them at Studio Disney 365 in DTD. They do have tinsel and colored extensions, though. My DD's fell out and she wants a new one - but I think I need to look more into the accusations of animal cruelty in obtaining the feathers first. I don't mean to hijack OP's thread but would love to hear any insight into that issue.

This might not be at all helpful, but I know they do not do them at Studio Disney 365 in DTD. They do have tinsel and colored extensions, though. My DD's fell out and she wants a new one - but I think I need to look more into the accusations of animal cruelty in obtaining the feathers first. I don't mean to hijack OP's thread but would love to hear any insight into that issue.

The feathers mass produced for use in hair extensions and fly fishing are not collected as they fall out naturally, so if you have ethical issues, I would not recommend them. There are some cute cruelty free alternatives available, that are made using synthetic hair that regular synthetic extensions are made from, but have the barred pattern dyed in them so you get the same effect. I'd go for those, anyways, since I'm allergic to feathers.

I recently bought the tinsel and the feathers at JCPenney by the salon. $10 for 3 feathers or a large roll of the tinsel. My DD 14 puts them in her's and her sisters hair all the time. Couldn't be too hard! LOL! I was also told to try the fishing or sporting goods section for the feathers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter