Feb. 2019??

KristiKelly

<font color=red>DIS Veteran<br><font color=purple>
I was looking to book a studio the weekend of 2/21-2/24/2019 but there is no availability at any of the DVC resorts and only a 1 br @ SSR. Is there a special event that weekend? Just curious.

I would take it if you are definatly going and just keep checking for cancellations.

It’s also the end of Presidents week, so I think in combination with the Princess half weekend, the remainder of what was left booked at 7 months.

I’ve been trying to switch a stay I already have booked that weekend to a split stay, so I’ve been monitoring a couple resorts and it’s definitely tough. I have seen single days pop up, more on the second half of the weekend, so you might be able to piece something together (or at least a split stay) if you have enough points to be flexible and book single nights at more than one resort while you check for the other nights. I’d definitely take the 1-BR for now if you’re set on going that weekend!

You are also well inside 7 months. Booking inside 7 is getting harder and harder.

Thanks for the replies. I booked Easter last year at 4-5 months with no problem and F&W at 4 months with no problems so I thought it was odd that end of Feb. is booked.

Thanks for the replies. I booked Easter last year at 4-5 months with no problem and F&W at 4 months with no problems so I thought it was odd that end of Feb. is booked.

With the new resort points being purchased and people purchasing points other than where they want to stay (which is great if thats what you want to do) it will get harder and harder to book a non home resort after 11 months. JMO.

You're probably right. DH & I just realized this past week that we will be kid free that weekend, have DVC points, have APs, have Southwest points/flights so just thought we'd take a quick trip down.... guess not. I might try to waitlist and see what happens.

I’ve been waitlisted for ONE night at Bwv studio standard for Sunday feb 3rd for months. It’s only 1 night. I have a backup and can take my waitlist to 7 nights before it expires. I had to go in one day early because of airfare.

I can tell you I had a WL that I started in September for January 4-12 in SSR one bedroom preferred. I stalked the website for three weeks ALL DAY.. EVERY.SINGLE.DAY....ALL.DAY and found it on my own. So, my advise is to WL but do your work and stalk, stalk stalk!

If I had everything set but the date, I would be on the RAT ALL DAY and book anything that becomes available.

Good luck!

Thanks! I'll probably book a weekend trip to Charleston
or DC instead.... :(

Seems like I've heard that schools are out in NJ the week of President's Week - so I think it tends to be a busy week for DVC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter