Feb Use Year Booking trip for June 2024 with 2024 & 2025 points.

BLTtinkerbell

DIS Veteran
I have confused myself with how borrowing works.

Is there a link to a borrowing chart?

I’m planning to book soon for a trip in June 2024 using points from 2024 allotment & borrowing from 2025 allotment.

Will this work?

Thank you 😊

Yes. For a trip in 2024 you can borrow from 2025. Remember it is a final transaction, any points borrowed into 2024 use year must be used by Jan 31 2025.

Here is the easiest way to figure it out. Forget calendar year….always start with the UY your trip will happen.

Since a June 2024 trip is in your Feb 2024 UY, when you book it, no matter when, you can use banked 2023, 2024, and borrow 2025 to finish the trip.

Every trip can use banked points from the UY prior to trip, points from the UY of the trip and borrow from the UY after trip.

That's why starting with when the trip happens makes the rest pretty easy, even for the Dec UY!

@Sandisw Thank you! I think the calendar year is what was confusing me.

I appreciate this, too… because even after 17 years, I still get confused by our Dec UY sometimes 🤣
When we first started booking with our September UY, we immediately started borrowing points, and I realized I’d never keep them straight in my head. (This was long before the member website existed, so there was no way to check anything online.) So I created a spreadsheet where everything is listed chronologically - September 1 each year points are added; planned trips are listed by date. That way I can see which UY the trip falls in, and the spreadsheet does the arithmetic for me in terms of adding and subtracting points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter