February 16th, 2024 - 15-Night South Pacific Cruise from Sydney to Honolulu (Noumea, Lautoka, Pago Pago, American Samoa, Kahului)

MnkyGirl

Mouseketeer
I almost never actually meet people from these threads on my cruises (I'm way too busy lol) But I truly enjoy planning with everyone here. :) And boy howdy will this trip involve alllll the planning for me!

We are booked on this cruise too! It will be a very exciting cruise. I'm into planning and hope to gain a lot of information and ideas from here. :wave2: :dogdance::boat:

Cruise port information
Disney Wonder will be at the White Bay Cruise Terminal on Feb 16, 2024, https://www.portauthoritynsw.com.au/cruise/cruise-schedule/ . (The schedule is subject to change).
White Bay Cruise Terminal is located at James Craig Rd, Rozelle. There is a taxi pick-up/drop-off area right outside the cruise terminal. Please advise the driver they can only access the cruise terminal on cruise days by taking James Craig Rd via The Crescent and not by Robert St.

Taxi ranks in Sydney can be found on George St near Playfair St, on George St at the Metcalfe Arcade, at the Overseas Passenger Terminal, and on Alfred St at Circular Quay.

Sydney Airport is located 9 kilometres (5.6 miles) south of Sydney's city center.

We're planning on flying in from NZ a few days before the cruise departs, and spending a full day just enjoying Sydney. Haven't quite decided on where we are staying yet though. I plan to call soon to find out what hotels DCL is utilizing and will post here when I have an answer. :) So excited to start the planning process!!! I have so many flights to book though... :oops:

We're planning on flying in from NZ a few days before the cruise departs, and spending a full day just enjoying Sydney. Haven't quite decided on where we are staying yet though. I plan to call soon to find out what hotels DCL is utilizing and will post here when I have an answer. :) So excited to start the planning process!!! I have so many flights to book though... :oops:
Yes it would be nice to know what hotels DCL will be using. I will be coming in a few days early as well and just starting to look into hotels. :thumbsup2

Woo hoo!!! We cannot wait!!! We are a family of 4 from Orlando. We will be flying to Hawaii first and spending several days at Aulani then spending about 5 days in Sydney before the cruise. It’s crazy this cruise is just a little over a year away!!!!

Here's the hotels Disney is using in Sydney! :)

"Yes, we do have hotel information for Guests on the South Pacific Repositioning Cruises. In Sydney, we will be offering 2 hotels. They are Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel and Park Hyatt Sydney Hotel. You will have to call us to check availability, obtain pricing, and to book a reservation."

The Marriott is actually really close (4 minutes walk) from the Circular Quay train station. You can hop on the train in the International terminal at the airport. :)

Woo hoo!!! We cannot wait!!! We are a family of 4 from Orlando. We will be flying to Hawaii first and spending several days at Aulani then spending about 5 days in Sydney before the cruise. It’s crazy this cruise is just a little over a year away!!!!
We're going to try to stay at Aulani on the way back. (BIG emphasis on "try" since I'm sure everyone is thinking the same thing lol)
We're flying into New Zealand early to see some friends and then hopping on a plane to Sydney to stay a couple of nights before the cruise.

"Yes, we do have hotel information for Guests on the South Pacific Repositioning Cruises. In Sydney, we will be offering 2 hotels. They are Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel and Park Hyatt Sydney Hotel. You will have to call us to check availability, obtain pricing, and to book a reservation."

The Marriott is actually really close (4 minutes walk) from the Circular Quay train station. You can hop on the train in the International terminal at the airport. :)
Thank you for this! We were planning on staying at the Marriott using points so this is perfect!

The Circular Quay train station is also right next to the ferry station for all the points that you may want to get to by water. (like the zoo)

That
The Circular Quay train station is also right next to the ferry station for all the points that you may want to get to by water. (like the zoo)
That is so helpful!! We have never been to Australia so everything is more difficult with planning. ☺️

Once you get in the groove, it's easier. :) Sydney is VERY easy to get around in from all accounts. They have a great public transport system so it makes things simple.
We actually booked this cruise while on our cruise in Europe, so the planning feels similar to me. Just a different currency exchange rate. LOL

Once you get in the groove, it's easier. :) Sydney is VERY easy to get around in from all accounts. They have a great public transport system so it makes things simple.
We actually booked this cruise while on our cruise in Europe, so the planning feels similar to me. Just a different currency exchange rate. LOL
Thanks! Also, I've been looking into transportation and it does look like its easy to get around. :cool1:
Getting excited!

I KNOW!!! LOL That's the problem with going on a cruise to places they haven't been yet hahahahaha You have to wait until last minute. But you CAN get an idea about what cruises usually offer by looking at other cruise lines.
We are excited because we are getting at least 3 (maybe 4!) National Park Stamps in our National Park passports. (Who woulda thought we could get so many in the middle of the Pacific???) I think there's a pretty good chance that Disney will offer excursions to the parks, but I'm working on planning day trips for them "just in case"

I KNOW!!! LOL That's the problem with going on a cruise to places they haven't been yet hahahahaha You have to wait until last minute. But you CAN get an idea about what cruises usually offer by looking at other cruise lines.
We are excited because we are getting at least 3 (maybe 4!) National Park Stamps in our National Park passports. (Who woulda thought we could get so many in the middle of the Pacific???) I think there's a pretty good chance that Disney will offer excursions to the parks, but I'm working on planning day trips for them "just in case"
Oh my goodness us too!!! We homeschool and always try to do the Junior Ranger programs when we travel and I have already looked up the booklet at American Samoa islands. ❤️

Oh my goodness us too!!! We homeschool and always try to do the Junior Ranger programs when we travel and I have already looked up the booklet at American Samoa islands. ❤️
In the past when Disney has stopped at Kahului, they've offered the excursion to Haleakala. Which was truly the only one I was worried about because it's QUITE a trip to get there. So fingers crossed they offer it again this time. :)

Greetings All, we are on board as well and have been searching South Pacific Cruises for the last few years so when DCL announced this it was a no brainer. This will be our 21st and have done most all of the itineraries (except Iceland). First time to Australia, coming in a week early and hope to some key points of interest both in and outside of Sidney. Also hoping some of the crew staff on our WBPC have friends on the Wonder they have been talking to while she has been in Australia who can tell us what they have been saying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter