February 2, 2014 - Dream

We're late getting to the party - we just booked the cruise last weekend - our first Disney Cruise.

My wife and I , son Jonathan (17), Daughters Kaitlyn (16) and Alison (7). Deck 9, cabin 9014

Can't wait.

I added our kids to the FE list.

02/2014 Disney Dream
12/2011 NCL Sun
11/2007 NCL Jewel

We're late getting to the party - we just booked the cruise last weekend - our first Disney Cruise.

My wife and I , son Jonathan (17), Daughters Kaitlyn (16) and Alison (7). Deck 9, cabin 9014

Can't wait.

02/2014 Disney Dream
12/2011 NCL Sun
11/2007 NCL Jewel
Welcome!

Can't wait.

02/2014 Disney Dream
12/2011 NCL Sun
11/2007 NCL Jewel

Welcome aboard!!!

Hi all -

Just sent my request thru FB -

New cruisers here - me, my husband, and two daughters (1.5 and 4.5) - awaiting VGT room assignment, we are excited to meet you all!

Can't wait til February 2, 2014 for a cruise on the Dream!

Who else is going?

If you would like to join the Fish Extender group, please add yourself here:

Okay...I am really a NOOB. I just figured out what the fish extenders are all about and I added my family to the thread listed above. We don't know which cabin we are in yet though. This was a last minute trip! LOL I am not sure when we will find out what room we will be in.

How does this all work with the FE? How will I get our room # posted? And do you leave gifts every day? Or just one per trip? One per family? Just curious.

This just keeps getting curiouser and curiouser....

Stacy

*SIGH*

I thought I had posted before, but my original post did not post. :(

So....

Hello!! My name is Stacy and this is my family's first Disney Cruise. This will be our second cruise; our first cruise was a total disaster from start to finish. I didn't think I would ever get my hubby on another cruise to be honest.

We are really excited! This was a last minute vacation that we put together right before Christmas and I am really going crazy trying to figure all of this out. I am just now learning about Fish extenders and door decorating. (Who wants to play 20 questions with me?) ;)

We have 2 daughters: Skylar (13) and Alekzandra (9). Both Alekz and I will be celebrating birthdays on the cruise. I will be 44 and she will be turning 10. This is Alekz's first cruise and Skylar's second, but she was only 2 when she went on the ill-fated cruise, so she doesn't remember much! (luckily).

Am anxious to chat with others and find out what sort of fun we can have! Anyone else have teenagers? My Alekz already found the link for the kids and saw that there were others around her age, but I didn't see anything older than 10/11.

I will have to thank my travel agent for pointing me in this direction! Getting lots of answers here, but I have TONS more reading to do yet!!

Stacy

Really excited (and relieved) to report that we finally started assembling and packing up our FE gifts! So far, almost all of the kids are done, and the adults will be done as soon as one last bit comes in.

Have to confess, the gifts are humble, but after a wedding and a dream honeymoon the budget was so tight we weren't even sure we were going to be able to participate! Plus, we were very concerned with packing anything big or heavy and having to pay to either ship it or to check yet another bag, lol.

Having said that, we had a lot of fun putting together our little gifts and we hope you guys enjoy them. <3

Any changes brought to the meet, I will be more than happy to communicate to all staterooms for those who are not able to make it. If we do this, how about we plan on meeting near the Vista Cafe on Deck 4 around 3:00 p.m.? Would this work with everyone?

Not sure if we'll be able to commit to any meets, but we would DEFINITELY appreciate any updates to staterooms. Right now I've tagged each gift with name and stateroom number but I would be so sad to not be able to find someone or get to the door and not see a FE to give them their gift!!

Well I have everything for the kids gifts, just have to assemble this weekend!! I have to finish the adult gifts, but I will be assembling them when we get to Florida that Saturday!!! I have a awesome idea!!! Haha!!! Can not wait!!!

Okay...I am really a NOOB. I just figured out what the fish extenders are all about and I added my family to the thread listed above. We don't know which cabin we are in yet though. This was a last minute trip! LOL I am not sure when we will find out what room we will be in.

How does this all work with the FE? How will I get our room # posted? And do you leave gifts every day? Or just one per trip? One per family? Just curious.

This just keeps getting curiouser and curiouser....

Stacy

*SIGH*

I thought I had posted before, but my original post did not post. :(

So....

Hello!! My name is Stacy and this is my family's first Disney Cruise. This will be our second cruise; our first cruise was a total disaster from start to finish. I didn't think I would ever get my hubby on another cruise to be honest.

We are really excited! This was a last minute vacation that we put together right before Christmas and I am really going crazy trying to figure all of this out. I am just now learning about Fish extenders and door decorating. (Who wants to play 20 questions with me?) ;)

We have 2 daughters: Skylar (13) and Alekzandra (9). Both Alekz and I will be celebrating birthdays on the cruise. I will be 44 and she will be turning 10. This is Alekz's first cruise and Skylar's second, but she was only 2 when she went on the ill-fated cruise, so she doesn't remember much! (luckily).

Am anxious to chat with others and find out what sort of fun we can have! Anyone else have teenagers? My Alekz already found the link for the kids and saw that there were others around her age, but I didn't see anything older than 10/11.

I will have to thank my travel agent for pointing me in this direction! Getting lots of answers here, but I have TONS more reading to do yet!!

Stacy

Well, I typed up this nice long response to your posts this morning and then the DISboards server didn't respond and I lost the post. *sigh*

Welcome aboard!

First, in case you haven't already found us on Facebook, we have a page at the following link: Disney Dream February 2 2014 Facebook Group

There seems to be more action on FB then here, although I check on both regularly.

As for the FE, it's pretty simple and it's up to you how you want to handle! Some folks do individual gifts for each person in each stateroom; others do a single cabin gift; and yet others will do individual gifts for each child, and then a single gift for the adults in the cabin. Most (as in just about everyone!) will do just one gift for the entire cruise (I have heard of only a handful of folks who do daily gifts...way too much for me to carry onboard!). You will find that your FE will be filled throughout the cruise as some prefer to give out their goodies right away while others wait until later in the cruise. It's fun never knowing when something will appear in your FE!

There are quite a few threads in the Disney Cruise Line forum on FEs to give you more in depth info on them. :)

And I'll provide a little insider tidbit to alleviate any concerns about your husband and cruising. My hubby's and my first cruise together back in the 90's was a DISASTER! I thought I would never see him get on a cruise ship again. Then 2000 rolls around, along with a Disney Magic cruise and he was hooked! :goodvibes

Hope all this helps, and ask away any and all questions!

Really excited (and relieved) to report that we finally started assembling and packing up our FE gifts! So far, almost all of the kids are done, and the adults will be done as soon as one last bit comes in.

Have to confess, the gifts are humble, but after a wedding and a dream honeymoon the budget was so tight we weren't even sure we were going to be able to participate! Plus, we were very concerned with packing anything big or heavy and having to pay to either ship it or to check yet another bag, lol.

Having said that, we had a lot of fun putting together our little gifts and we hope you guys enjoy them. <3

I love any and all gifts! To me it's all about spreading a little bit of pixie dust around!

Not sure if we'll be able to commit to any meets, but we would DEFINITELY appreciate any updates to staterooms. Right now I've tagged each gift with name and stateroom number but I would be so sad to not be able to find someone or get to the door and not see a FE to give them their gift!!

Yeah, I'm always worried about the stateroom number thing. Meets are so difficult, but always a good way to communicate any changes. Will do my best to get them out to everyone!

Well I have everything for the kids gifts, just have to assemble this weekend!! I have to finish the adult gifts, but I will be assembling them when we get to Florida that Saturday!!! I have a awesome idea!!! Haha!!! Can not wait!!!

I wish I could say I was close to being done...I'm not. Have the ladies gifts finished...did those several months ago. The men and kids? They always seem to be the thorn in my side! :rotfl:

Can't wait for this cruise to get here!

Cindy,

Thank you!!! :) Your cruise sounds a bit like our first cruise! I won't say the cruise line, but I will say that it is also the name of a celebration in Brazil.... ;) Our cruise was in 2002 and left New Orleans. We should have stayed in New Orleans, would have had a MUCH better time! LOL

Okay...getting some ideas together for FE gifts. And I am hopefully going to get a FE made in the next few weeks. There's still lots of time left right??? EEK!

Thank you for the link for FB. I had no idea there would be a FB for our cruise, but AWESOME! Already requested to "join". :)

As soon as I find out our cabin #, I will post it. I am really not sure when we will find this information out; all I know is that it will be a room with a veranda. Where would be the best place to post this information? And what if we don't find out until we are on the ship?

For the FE gifts, do you say who it is from? Or is it anonymous? I know...I probably could look up that answer, and I probably will before I get a response on here, but if I write it down, then I will get it answered...if I don't, I'll forget about it until later and then I'll be ticked when I remember! Getting old stinks!

Alright, time to go trolling through some posts!

Thank you and hopefully will meet you on the cruise! :)

Stacy :coffee:

I'm still a newbie here, but I will be on this cruise also!! :) Did my first Disney cruise in September and fell in love! Can't wait to get back on the Dream!!

As soon as I find out our cabin #, I will post it. I am really not sure when we will find this information out; all I know is that it will be a room with a veranda. Where would be the best place to post this information? And what if we don't find out until we are on the ship?

For the FE gifts, do you say who it is from? Or is it anonymous? I know...I probably could look up that answer, and I probably will before I get a response on here, but if I write it down, then I will get it answered...if I don't, I'll forget about it until later and then I'll be ticked when I remember! Getting old stinks!

Alright, time to go trolling through some posts!

Thank you and hopefully will meet you on the cruise! :)

Stacy :coffee:

If you do not find out your stateroom number until you check-in at the port, just stop by quickly at one of the meets to let us know and we will get the information passed out for you. You could also put a note in everyone's FEs as you are delivering your goodies, if you can't make it to a meet. :)

As for signing who it is from, that is totally up to you! I would say we get about 50/50, maybe a bit more signing their names to it. Whatever makes you most comfortable! We always sign ours, just as an FYI. :)

Can't wait to meet everyone also!

I'm still a newbie here, but I will be on this cruise also!! :) Did my first Disney cruise in September and fell in love! Can't wait to get back on the Dream!!

Welcome aboard!

I don't believe so. I had suggested we at least meet on embarkation day in case there are any stateroom changes that need to be communicated. Any changes brought to the meet, I will be more than happy to communicate to all staterooms for those who are not able to make it. If we do this, how about we plan on meeting near the Vista Cafe on Deck 4 around 3:00 p.m.? Would this work with everyone?

We can also plan a more relaxing meet as well...maybe late breakfast or early lunch on Nassau or Sea Day? Any other thoughts?

We'll plan on being at the Vista Cafe on Deck 4 around 3 PM on Sunday, the 2nd! Looking forward to meeting you all:) :yay:

We are cruising on 2/2/14 with a 2 1/2 year old, 9 year old and 16 year old... what is a Fish Extender?

Welcome aboard!

First, let me direct you to our Facebook page which seems to have more action going on than here. Disney Dream February 2 2014 Facebook Page

In a nutshell, the Fish Extender itself is a small hook outside of the staterooms in the shape of a fish (the new ships have stars and other sea life in addition to fish). DCL initially, and still does use these to leave mail for guests on board the ship. A group here at DIS had a gift exchange, and used the fish hook to hang a fish extender. It's basically a long, pocket thing...but you can really use anything, such as a totebag (or at Christmas you will see several people that use stockings). The group that participates give each other gifts during the cruise! If you search the main DCL forum here on DISboards, you can find several threads on this!

If you decide you want to join, we are currently adding to the latecomers list until this Sunday, January 12th. The document to add your information can be found at the following link. Fish Extender List

Hope this helps!
Cindy

Welcome aboard!

First, let me direct you to our Facebook page which seems to have more action going on than here. Disney Dream February 2 2014 Facebook Page

In a nutshell, the Fish Extender itself is a small hook outside of the staterooms in the shape of a fish (the new ships have stars and other sea life in addition to fish). DCL initially, and still does use these to leave mail for guests on board the ship. A group here at DIS had a gift exchange, and used the fish hook to hang a fish extender. It's basically a long, pocket thing...but you can really use anything, such as a totebag (or at Christmas you will see several people that use stockings). The group that participates give each other gifts during the cruise! If you search the main DCL forum here on DISboards, you can find several threads on this!

If you decide you want to join, we are currently adding to the latecomers list until this Sunday, January 12th. The document to add your information can be found at the following link. Fish Extender List

Hope this helps!
Cindy

Cindy, I just would like to send out a special shout out to you for helping to keep us all organized and for coordinating this all:) You're the best!!! Cheryl:thumbsup2

Cindy, I just would like to send out a special shout out to you for helping to keep us all organized and for coordinating this all:) You're the best!!! Cheryl:thumbsup2

Thanks Cheryl! Although there was someone else who actually started the FE and put together the document awhile back (will have to go back and look to see who that was...I believe it was someone who eventually cancelled their sailing). I have just been keeping everyone on the ball! ;)

I must admit I do like organizing the FEs, and have done so for two in the past!

Thanks so much guys for your replies on the Fish Extenders... I have signed up! Just to clarify i am buying or making a small gift for everyone on the list so if there are 5 people in a stateroom i place 5 items in their Fish Extender pouches? Sorry I'm a little slow :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter