February 2, 2014 - Dream

Ok so we have 4 months and 16 days until we sail... Can you tell I'm just a little excited?? Haha!! Is anyone else trying to lose weight prior to our cruise?? I am trying to lose 44lbs.... I have lost 7 so far... Didn't know if any y'all were too?? Would love to have a friend to share the struggle with and then of course celebrate our success on our cruise!!!

Ok so we have 4 months and 16 days until we sail... Can you tell I'm just a little excited?? Haha!! Is anyone else trying to lose weight prior to our cruise?? I am trying to lose 44lbs.... I have lost 7 so far... Didn't know if any y'all were too?? Would love to have a friend to share the struggle with and then of course celebrate our success on our cruise!!! ��

I'm with you! I would love to lose 20 by the cruise, but would be happy with 15.

I realized yesterday we will be at Castaway Cay on my birthday! What a great way to spend that day!

Does anyone have any plans yet? We usually just get off the ship in Nassau to get passports stamped, buy a few rum cakes, and walk to Fort Fincastle and Queen's Staircase. Probably will not deviate too much for that this time around either.

Castaway Cay will most likely be spent sitting on the beach at Serenity Bay, and maybe a bit of offshore snorkeling. I've done Castaway Ray's twice so most likely will not do that again unless I have a last minute urge.

Definitely we will go to Palo, probably on the last evening. We try and plan it so we can visit the dining room as well and have a small appetizer or salad and enjoy dessert. Right now we are on Main Dining, but we may switch it to late. (If we keep Main, then Palo for 8:30; if we switch to late, then Palo at 6:00.) I'm going to ask for the AERR rotation since the Royal Palace menu is my least favorite (being vegetarian means far fewer choices!).

I may also give the Rainforest Room a go this cruise. Have never tried it, but what the heck, right? ;)

Already have my FE gifts for the adult ladies finished. :woohoo: Can anyone tell I'm excited?
bliss.gif

So, those of you with Super Bowl cruise experience...which is better - the party up on the pool deck or the party in 687? Trying to make my plans for embarkation day!

So keeping this cruise a secret from my daughter is quite the challenge. I would have loved her help with the FE gifts, but I was really hoping to not tell her until the day of the cruise. She does know we are doing to Disney World for 3 days, but she does not know what we are doing for the first 4 days.

Getting very excited, can't wait as we have never been on the Dream before.

So keeping this cruise a secret from my daughter is quite the challenge. I would have loved her help with the FE gifts, but I was really hoping to not tell her until the day of the cruise. She does know we are doing to Disney World for 3 days, but she does not know what we are doing for the first 4 days.

Getting very excited, can't wait as we have never been on the Dream before.

You'll have to let us all know her reaction!!!

Reading the FE group on Facebook, they're debating whether or not alcohol would be a good gift for the adults in a group. I can't WAIT for the FE, and I was wondering what our group thought.

Alcohol: good as a gift, or should be skipped?

Reading the FE group on Facebook, they're debating whether or not alcohol would be a good gift for the adults in a group. I can't WAIT for the FE, and I was wondering what our group thought.

I'm ok with it. Have always appreciated everything we have received! :)

Which FB group?

If I'm not mistaken, this is the group...

FISH EXTENDER DISNEY CRUISE LINE.

You can get some great ideas from this group!

I have read some posts in the past who really think the alcohol is a bad idea. I think mostly from it possibly sitting out along the hallways for a while and underage people could take it out. I guess you really have no way to know if someone has taken a gift out of your FE while you are gone. Though the only Disney cruise I don't believe we had any troubles and I did get a couple small alcohol bottles as a gift.

Our group that year also thought it neat if we included something that was from our state as a gift in the FE's. I ended up giving little jelly and jam jars from a local orchard that were like $1 a piece.

I am not a crafty person and am not any good at making things so I have a harder time trying to come up with things to include.

I have read some posts in the past who really think the alcohol is a bad idea. I think mostly from it possibly sitting out along the hallways for a while and underage people could take it out. I guess you really have no way to know if someone has taken a gift out of your FE while you are gone. Though the only Disney cruise I don't believe we had any troubles and I did get a couple small alcohol bottles as a gift.

Our group that year also thought it neat if we included something that was from our state as a gift in the FE's. I ended up giving little jelly and jam jars from a local orchard that were like $1 a piece.

I am not a crafty person and am not any good at making things so I have a harder time trying to come up with things to include.

I'm not crafty either! But amazingly enough I did make a few FE gifts in the past, and have made one already for this cruise. I troll the 'net looking for easy DIY projects, otherwise I would be totally hopeless!

So I'm trying to drum up interest among our friends to go on this cruise with us...pushing the whole SUPER BOWL CRUISE and all. Not working! I'm really surprised there isn't more interest in something like that.

Oh well...I will be either up on the pool deck or in 687 for at least part of the game!

I hope we have something special for the Super Bowl. I didn't realize when we booked that it was Superbowl weekend.

I hope we have something special for the Super Bowl. I didn't realize when we booked that it was Superbowl weekend.

I didn't realize it either! But I'm looking forward to it.

Per threads I have read, in the past they have had typical football snack foods in 687. Up on the pool deck they show the game on ArielVision and cookout (burgers, hot dogs, etc.). The dining rooms tend to be empty on that night.

Well unless my team is playing in the Superbowl, I could care less about watching it. I am not that big into watching football anyway and when I do I really only root for the one team. They aren't doing so good this year, so I don't think I am going to hold out any hopes of them making the Superbowl, but who knows.

Sad to say we are no longer cruising with you all. My hubby gave me a choice between this cruise or points at the Grand Floridian...not a hard choice for me!!!

Hope you all have a wonderful cruise!!!

I already removed us from the FE group.

talked it over today. we are out, will wait for a FLR cruise lots
cheaper we are cheeeeep. enjoy maybe there anyway

D-G

talked it over today. we are out, will wait for a FLR cruise lots
cheaper we are cheeeeep. enjoy maybe there anyway

D-G

There's a good chance for a FL resident rate on this one. Seems they have those on the January and early February cruises. And seems they are more common on the 4-nighters than the 3-nighters (or is it just that the 3-nighters sell out of the FL rates faster? ;) ).

Hope we still see you!

This will be our first cruise as well my 12 year old and 8 year old are super excited. We are also interested in the fish extender let me know how to join the fun. Counting down the days:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter