February 2013: Let's try this again.

HsvScrapGirl

Mouseketeer
This is my second pre-trip report. The previous trip got canceled/rescheduled due to pregnancy very early in the planning phase. So technically this will be my first completed pre-trip report. LOL! Please bear with me.

So I don't drive my family crazy with all my planning and Disney talk, I will do a pre-trip/planning report. I know I have a long time to plan, but it is never too early to plan a Disney trip, right?

First the players...
Here is my family (Left to right: me, my DS (age 6), and DH).

5805214981_37a42b2822.jpg

My name is Angela and I am a stay at home, home schooling mama. At age 37, this will only be my third trip to WDW. I know, it really is a crime. I don't remember what year it was that I first went, but it was the year that they broke ground on MGM. I remember them talking about it had just happened a few weeks before we were there.

DH (age 37) is wonderful when it comes to listen to me prattle on and on about our latest trip. However, I see that "look". He just wants me to plan it and not talk about it yet. When we get closer in, he will want to critic what I have planned and want to give input.

Our son (6) has life threatening food allergies (dairy and peanut). This is our second trip to Disney while dealing with his food allergies, so we are aware of the "above and beyond" that Disney is known for when it comes to food allergies. He loves all things Disney, especially Disney Junior, Toy Story, and Cars. I figure with that combination, Hollywood Studios will be at least one entire day of our trip.

Our daughter (due August 30th) will be an adventure for us. She will only be about 5 months old when we travel. Should be fun!

Our last trip was Sept 2009 for our 10th wedding anniversary. That was our first family vacation. Disney's special dietary needs department made it a true vacation. I didn't worry about the food allergies like I had at other amusement parks that we have been to. The chefs that we encountered were so helpful and knowledgeable that I was actually able to relax and enjoy our time together. That experience made it a no brainer for where our next family vacation would be.

This trip is currently planned for February 2-9, 2013. We will leave home on the 2nd and drive a little over half way and stay in Georgia. Then we will drive on into Orlando on the 3rd. Last time we stayed off site and had an amazing time. We had hoped to stay on site this time, just for the ease of things. However, in order to have all the amenities that we are used to, we would be spending more money than we really need to. So, we have booked off site again at Marriott Grande Vista.

I'm so excited about this trip and having somewhere I can talk about it and not get that "you are driving me crazy" look from my DH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter