February 2016 Discount Code Watch

My TA has kept on top of it, I like a bunch of places on FB or just regularly watching the DIS when it gets to be time...Visa did e-mail me for the summer one this June, but my TA had already called into Disney. I had seen it on the DIS first, I think. I seem to get the notification e-mails from Visa later in the day (if at all)

Thanks! We're using a TA as well. She assures me she's on top of it. But, I'm a bit type A so I'm also stalking boards, facebook, Disney & Visa websites. :) $$$

Jumping on the band wagon. Split stay (great conference rate at the GF) and Art of Animation when the horde arrives. Booked our flights on JetBlue on Monday night and got $92.00 each way from Connecticut, great rates!!!! We are hoping for a stay play and dine also -- February 3 - February 9!

Tom

Hoping to see something any time now that one of the recent deals ended yesterday. I'm trying to wait to book my flights in case I have to make any tweaks with the dates but I'm starting to get antsy!! :yay:

Question .. right now we have Feb 21-26 booked at Pop, but my husband asked that I (1) upgrade to CBR if a discount comes out and (2) add a night at the end. Is there any pro or con to doing that now, as opposed to waiting for any potential discounts? I think I have it in my head that the CMs told me I can upgrade tickets upon check-in, but not downgrade, but that has no impact because tickets will remain the same .. however, I thought I read that sometimes it's not possible (or not suggested?) to try to change your reservation when trying to apply a discount (I could totally be making that up, maybe I dreamed it :) ) Thoughts on this?

Question .. right now we have Feb 21-26 booked at Pop, but my husband asked that I (1) upgrade to CBR if a discount comes out and (2) add a night at the end. Is there any pro or con to doing that now, as opposed to waiting for any potential discounts? I think I have it in my head that the CMs told me I can upgrade tickets upon check-in, but not downgrade, but that has no impact because tickets will remain the same .. however, I thought I read that sometimes it's not possible (or not suggested?) to try to change your reservation when trying to apply a discount (I could totally be making that up, maybe I dreamed it :) ) Thoughts on this?
You should be fine, only possible problem is if CBR isn't included in the discounts. It usually is though. You can change your reservation at any time. The only reason I wouldn't do it at time of adding a discount would be possibility of human error. The first couple of days that a discount is announced is hectic on the cast members because of call volume.

You should be fine, only possible problem is if CBR isn't included in the discounts. It usually is though. You can change your reservation at any time. The only reason I wouldn't do it at time of adding a discount would be possibility of human error. The first couple of days that a discount is announced is hectic on the cast members because of call volume.

I'd be happy to try another mod then, that's not a problem at all. I booked with the Visa so hopefully if there IS a good discount released, I'd get somewhat of a jump without the elevated rush of the general public's attempts!

Hoping that a good discount comes out soon for end of February first of March
Currently booked at POP but kinda wanna upgrade to a Mod for my best friends first trip

My aunt, uncle, father, and myself are each going for our first time ever (better late than never, right?) Feb. 28-Mar. 5. Hoping for 30%!!! It looks like last year's deals were released the first week of October, but Disney has been doing things earlier than normal this year. Maybe we'll get a late September surprise.

Does anyone remember how much of a savings the stay, play & dine deal was last year?

Does anyone remember how much of a savings the stay, play & dine deal was last year?

See this post:

Last year there was the Stay Play Dine package discount which worked like this:
55% discount on dining plan; full price tickets; small resort discount (details on calculation here: http://www.disboards.com/threads/stay-play-dine-calculation.3339097/)

As well as a room only discount which may be more your style if you're going split stay. I believe moderates were 20% on weekends and 25% on weekdays although it may have varied by resort.

I'd love to join in. Planning my family's very first trip. We are hoping to go January 30th thru February 6th (may adjust a day or two). We actually aren't booked yet, which I hope doesn't mean we will have trouble booking. I was really hoping to wait until the new discounts were released. Hubby and I are taking our son who will turn 4 in early January. I know he will be so excited, but I must admit....I'll be just as excited. LOL. Waiting impatiently for the release of Jan/Feb discounts.

**************.net is reporting that September 28 should be the day discounts are released -- Room Only and Stay, Play, Dine for most dates Jan 2 - Mar 19.

Fingers crossed!

I'd love to join in. Planning my family's very first trip. We are hoping to go January 30th thru February 6th (may adjust a day or two). We actually aren't booked yet, which I hope doesn't mean we will have trouble booking. I was really hoping to wait until the new discounts were released. Hubby and I are taking our son who will turn 4 in early January. I know he will be so excited, but I must admit....I'll be just as excited. LOL. Waiting impatiently for the release of Jan/Feb discounts.

What fun to be working on your family's very first trip!
It doesn't really help to be already booked if you are looking for a discount. They have to search for availability with the code to give the discount. The more rooms currently booked at rack rate, the fewer discounts. Of course, it doesn't matter if folks are going anyway, whether the rate is rack or discount.
(I'm not currently booked, I'm waiting for a discount to book.)

The best tip I can give is to keep an eye on the boards. The day they offer discounts is busy, be ready to be on hold for awhile. If possible, have a couple of resort options in mind. If you have a little flexibility in dates that helps too. Happy planning!pixiedust:

Last edited:
**************.net is reporting that September 28 should be the day discounts are released -- Room Only and Stay, Play, Dine for most dates Jan 2 - Mar 19.

Fingers crossed!

Orlando by Joe also posted this rumor, hope it's true!

Orlando by Joe also posted this rumor, hope it's true!

Is Orlando by Joe - the poster (I think his name was Joe Black) who used to share rumors here and people were so rude to him when he was wrong once that he stopped posting??? If so, I love that guy, he was so awesome!

Is Orlando by Joe - the poster (I think his name was Joe Black) who used to share rumors here and people were so rude to him when he was wrong once that he stopped posting??? If so, I love that guy, he was so awesome!

Yeah, that's him. He made an appearance on the boards prior to the free dining debacle a few months ago.

If they do the disney visa cardholders prior to public. Does the payment have to be $200 if I have already made the deposit or just any amount say $50? Wanna have it all ready if I need too :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter