February 2020 or 2021?

2021!!! I'd want to be there in the year of the 50th!!! Plus crowds will have died down a little bit for Star Wars.

I wouldn’t bother trying to predict the crowds. Galaxy’s Edge’s impact is a huge unknown, as well as 2021’s 50th with the slew of new attractions on the way.

I personally don’t think the Galaxy’s Edge opening can really be compared to Pandora’s. Star Wars has been around for 40 years — and over time has built a fiercely loyal and engaged fan base of all ages. And there’s very wide appeal beyond the super fans. I really doubt GE crowds will be that much lower in 2021, but there’s really no way to know.

I would just go when you want to go. If you want to go sooner, I’d do it. If you want to wait until more new attractions are open, I’d do that.

Ok. You guys have convinced me - crowds will be there no matter what!

We have decided to wait until 2021. The kids will be older and able to spend longer days at the park. We'll go early February so it will be 'low season' and hope for the best. Good planning and accepting we won't see everything that's new. We won't tell the kids and they won't know what they are missing ;)

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter