*** February 2021 Thread ***

23 days! Can't wait to be back, Haven't gone since summer 2019. Was supposed to go for our honeymoon in sept 2020 but pushed back because of Covid concerns! Our first non warm weather trip

20 days for us! Got snow today and they're predicting a big storm here for next week. I don't usually worry about weather when we got down; will it rain, who cares? Is it going to be super hot and humid? Yup probably if it's May through September! But I do not like the idea of my birthday trip being cancelled due to snow ❄ So let it snow let it snow, before we go lol!

My cousin, who we're taking for her first trip that she'll remember, is requesting she and I have a "planning phone call" on Saturday to work out the details on what she needs exactly - like clothes - I told her, you'll need it all since it could be hot or cold or both!

We have some matching shirts (of course!) and she's super excited about that - and honestly, she watches Disney movies but she's trying to stay in the dark about the parks and what is actually in store for her! I mentioned that she should watch the Animal Kingdom show on the park on Disney+ and she said she wanted to be surprised!!

She knows we're eating in both castles and that she can't meet the princesses and characters but she's just ready for the whole "Disney experience" and DH and I are super excited to take someone who knows nothing about what they're getting in to! Its a different level of excitement to introduce someone to the Disney magic!!

22 days until we arrive and 23 days until she gets to cry when she walks down Main Street and sees the castle in person for the first time!

:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

20 days for us! Got snow today and they're predicting a big storm here for next week. I don't usually worry about weather when we got down; will it rain, who cares? Is it going to be super hot and humid? Yup probably if it's May through September! But I do not like the idea of my birthday trip being cancelled due to snow ❄ So let it snow let it snow, before we go lol!
UGH - that is my fear too - and we're in NC!! My son's b-day is late February and we totally get snow/ice down here around then and I'm super worried that like the night before we're supposed to fly out we'll get an ice storm and not be able to get the dogs to the boarding facility and then not be able to fly out...

:headache: :headache: :headache: :headache:

UGH - that is my fear too - and we're in NC!! My son's b-day is late February and we totally get snow/ice down here around then and I'm super worried that like the night before we're supposed to fly out we'll get an ice storm and not be able to get the dogs to the boarding facility and then not be able to fly out...

That is always my fear as well flying out during the winter months and even early Spring! This year to hopefully have good weather I booked a hotel near the airport on either end of the trip that is cancellable just in case it is needed. I know that doesn’t help you as you have your doggies to a boarding facility. Sending pixie dust your way for clear weather on your trip dates!

It is Wednesday morning and tomorrow evening will be headed to my airport hotel (decided to keep it since flight is early morning). :love::flower::flower:

We're coming from NE Ohio. We take a direct flight from Cleveland to MCO so we don't get caught at a "southern" airport that could get shut down by ice.

Yes as a kid I had so many birthday parties cancelled due to snow storms! February is the "iffiest" month here in NY. My sister is in GA and my mom lived there and in NC for a few years, when you guys get snow the whole state shuts down lol so you don't even need that much to have things cancelled! But I know my sister says it's really the ice more than the snow. Fingers crossed for both of us!

We're coming from NE Ohio. We take a direct flight from Cleveland to MCO so we don't get caught at a "southern" airport that could get shut down by ice.
After reading your post I went and quickly checked the forecast for Dallas as I connect through there on Friday! Looks like I am in the clear so far!

Yes as a kid I had so many birthday parties cancelled due to snow storms! February is the "iffiest" month here in NY. My sister is in GA and my mom lived there and in NC for a few years, when you guys get snow the whole state shuts down lol so you don't even need that much to have things cancelled! But I know my sister says it's really the ice more than the snow. Fingers crossed for both of us!
YES exactly!! We get ICE which is horrible!! you can't really plow it away and it takes down the power lines! Such a mess!

I'll second the *fingers crossed* for our trips! 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

YES exactly!! We get ICE which is horrible!! you can't really plow it away and it takes down the power lines! Such a mess!

I'll second the *fingers crossed* for our trips! 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

My sister is in North Carolina, lots of ice. And a whole lot of shut downs! Good luck and safe travels!!

UGH. 60% chance of snow next Thursday on the day of our departure. Hoping it's not too bad. Usually MSP is pretty good about getting us out even with snow.

Hello everyone! I decided to book a fairly last minute long weekend trip for my 6 year old son and I! We will be there Feb 13-16. Doing MK on the 14th and HS on the 15th and hopefully hopping over to Epcot that evening. We will be staying at BLT 13-14 and BWV 14-16.

I took just my daughter on a special trip last March, the week before the closure so now it's my son's turn. He has no idea and I can't wait to tell him!

Also, I am searching for Be Our Guest on the 14th if anyone will be dropping it!

Last edited:
12 days out! And they boosted the hours again for President's Day Weekend! Not sure when they changed, but it was sometime this afternoon.
MK open until 10 pm all weekend
Epcot open until 9 on Friday / 10 on Sat and Sun

12 days out! And they boosted the hours again for President's Day Weekend! Not sure when they changed, but it was sometime this afternoon.
MK open until 10 pm all weekend
Epcot open until 9 on Friday / 10 on Sat and Sun
Yea, I’m worried that and the fact that park passes are completely gone for HS 13-16 means that crowds are going to be large.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter