February 2022 Car Rental Thread

Feb 4 to Feb 10th - Alamo - Drive Happy deal - $298

At least I'm under $300 now!

I got a great rate of $288 for a 7 passenger SUV through Thrifty Feb 15-Feb 23. I signed up for Blue Chip Express to get a discount. Thrifty wouldn’t be my first choice but couldn’t pass up the deal.

thru autoslash/priceline, booked a mid size thru thrifty for a week coming in on 1/31 for $138 all in. less than 1/2 the price of next best I could find for this very impromptu trip.

Surely, not my favorite vendor even tho no major quibbles in the past. Did link it to my rewards account with them to at least be able to use the express line at their counter.

I'm down to $437 for an intermediate SUV through Costco for Avis. I'm not willing to do an offsite rental company when traveling with young kids; so sticking to just the ones at the terminals. I've also checked UT and I'm just not getting good prices there at all with the 50% off rate.

Got my trip 2/5 to 2/10 down to $278 for Full size car if I want that. I prefer an SUV or Truck. Have that SUV at $318 and Full Size Truck for $329. Still hoping for some more drops. Its gone down everyday now for the last 3 or 4 days

Alamo - 2/4 to 2/10 - economy $264

Still trying to decide if we need it or not? We're staying at BWI, so probably not. ;) ;)

My rate today is $298 for a mid-size with a free upgrade to a full-size car.
This is thru Alamo using the Costco contract code.
Feb 5 thru Feb 12.
I’m happy to be under $300 and hopefully it will go lower.

The intermediate SUV has gone up to $451 but you get a $20 costco card; so the net is $431. It's not worth me changing from my $433 reservation. The President's Day weekend is screwing up my rates.

I am not a Disney newbie, but a total rental car newbie. I have no idea which one is a good one and the prices are such a big range! I am a little overwhelmed.

I am not a Disney newbie, but a total rental car newbie. I have no idea which one is a good one and the prices are such a big range! I am a little overwhelmed.

prices are all over the place but find the best deal you can at one of the major companies. Don’t trust those cheap rental companies. I use Costco travel to book. Happy to help if you have any questions

prices are all over the place but find the best deal you can at one of the major companies. Don’t trust those cheap rental companies. I use Costco travel to book. Happy to help if you have any questions

Avis is looking like the best price for my dates so far, but I've seen so many bad reviews for that one and Budget. They are "major" companies, I guess, but they were a lot cheaper.

Avis is looking like the best price for my dates so far, but I've seen so many bad reviews for that one and Budget. They are "major" companies, I guess, but they were a lot cheaper.
Both are good companies. I recommend if you do it sign up for the rewards program so you can skip lines. Just put your credit card you want to use on file: your car will be in a reserved spot for you: I use budget and avis all the time. I prefer Alamo because you get to select what car you want from a row of cars but I go for cheapest every time

Both are good companies. I recommend if you do it sign up for the rewards program so you can skip lines. Just put your credit card you want to use on file: your car will be in a reserved spot for you: I use budget and avis all the time. I prefer Alamo because you get to select what car you want from a row of cars but I go for cheapest every time

Can you skip the counter with your first rental from Avis if all of the info is added to your account? I created a preferred account on the website and then downloaded the app to add my reservation. We arrive around 1:00 on a Saturday; so I'd love to walk right out and not stop at the counter.

Can you skip the counter with your first rental from Avis if all of the info is added to your account? I created a preferred account on the website and then downloaded the app to add my reservation. We arrive around 1:00 on a Saturday; so I'd love to walk right out and not stop at the counter.
Looks like I can answer my own question. :D I just got an email from Avis welcoming me to the preferred program and it said that I have to stop by the counter for the first rental and then I can skip it thereafter.

I believe so. You should be able to just look up at the board and see your parking stall. I can't remember if you have to give your ID to the booth outside or not for first rental so they can put it in the system so that might happen for you and your name will say see booth but its the booth in the garage. Should still be pretty easy. Avis usually has a good selection of nice cars. Budget and Avis are the same company but Avis is the better of the two I have found.

Looks like I can answer my own question. :D I just got an email from Avis welcoming me to the preferred program and it said that I have to stop by the counter for the first rental and then I can skip it thereafter.

You should be able to go to the preferred both outside at the garage to do that. Check inside to see the line. If there is no line then do it there just in case there is a line at the garage but if there is a line inside the terminal then go straight to the preferred booth in the garage.

Thrifty did not have an Expess Line when I rented from them in December. Had to wait with a large number of people to pick up my rental even though I’m a Blue Chip member. Rented through Priceline.

thru autoslash/priceline, booked a mid size thru thrifty for a week coming in on 1/31 for $138 all in. less than 1/2 the price of next best I could find for this very impromptu trip.

Surely, not my favorite vendor even tho no major quibbles in the past. Did link it to my rewards account with them to at least be able to use the express line at their counter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter