• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***February 2023 Official Thread****

I just used Open Table to get a reservation at Morimoto Asia; the Disney website didn't have the time we needed. Has anyone done this before? I am super happy, but I feel like I'm being punked! :bitelip:
We use open table all the time for Disney springs restaurant reservations. It has been my experience that they not only have more availability but you can also make reservations BEFORE the 60 day window opens on the Disney website (not all restaurants at Disney Springs are on it though)

I just got an email from TP and it looks like MK hours have been expanded for first week of Feb.
Walt Disney World Crowd Level predictions or Park Hours have changed for one or more dates that you are tracking on TouringPlans.com!

DateChange
»Magic Kingdom Revised Park Hours:
9:00 AM-11:00 PM +Early Entry +Evening Hours
Magic Kingdom Closing Time changed from 10:00 PM to 11:00 PM.
8:00 AM-10:00 PM +Early Entry
Magic Kingdom Opening Time changed from 9:00 AM to 8:00 AM.
9:00 AM-11:00 PM +Early Entry
»Animal Kingdom Revised Park Hours:
8:00 AM-7:00 PM +Early Entry
Animal Kingdom Opening Time changed from 9:00 AM to 8:00 AM.
8:00 AM-8:00 PM +Early Entry
Animal Kingdom Closing Time changed from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM.

Yep there's been a few changes to all parks throughout Feb. I've changed a few things around the start of my break to take advantage of the earlier start.

I don't want to complain about more hours, but this will definitely make it harder to take advantage of early entry 🤪! We are generally early birds, but getting to the parks for 730 is pretty early for vacation. I bet we'll manage it the first few days when everyone is excited, but not so much after that.

I just got an email from TP and it looks like MK hours have been expanded for first week of Feb.
Walt Disney World Crowd Level predictions or Park Hours have changed for one or more dates that you are tracking on TouringPlans.com!

DateChange
8:00 AM-8:00 PM +Early Entry
Animal Kingdom Closing Time changed from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
Oh gross! I had a decent chance of talking my husband into staying for EEH when they start at 10pm. 11pm-1am? He'll never do it. Ugh. And I built that part of the week around it. 🤬

Hi fellow February-ers. 😁 We'll be there Jan 31st - Feb 7th! First half at BLT, second half at Pop. Myself, husband, and college aged son.

Getting to take our first trip since buying DVC! Woohoo! Everything was pretty full but managed to put together a few days then supplement with a few extra at Pop Century, which we love (though don't love having to pay rack rate there 😱. But my birthday is on the 21st of Jan so this is a late celebration.

We're doing the whole week at WDW except son and I are sneaking off on the 3rd to go to the After Hours night at Universal. It was pricey but we haven't been to Universal in 9 years so it was a good way to be able to do everything there in just a few hours. (Husband is not a night owl so he'll be doing his own thing that day, probably hitting a Disney park for pin trading and then an early bedtime knowing him. LOL)

Usually we do very early January, so this is a little bit of a change up. Hoping the crowds aren't too bad though I have recently learned the weekend is a Dance competition.

Crossing our fingers for beautiful Florida weather!

Usually we do very early January, so this is a little bit of a change up. Hoping the crowds aren't too bad though I have recently learned the weekend is a Dance competition.
The Dance competition doesn't usually affect the park crowds. If you see them at all it will be at night in the park, traveling in mass and riding the same rides. :) Otherwise, they are busy at their competition.

Hi fellow February-ers. 😁 We'll be there Jan 31st - Feb 7th! First half at BLT, second half at Pop. Myself, husband, and college aged son.

Getting to take our first trip since buying DVC! Woohoo! Everything was pretty full but managed to put together a few days then supplement with a few extra at Pop Century, which we love (though don't love having to pay rack rate there 😱. But my birthday is on the 21st of Jan so this is a late celebration.

We're doing the whole week at WDW except son and I are sneaking off on the 3rd to go to the After Hours night at Universal. It was pricey but we haven't been to Universal in 9 years so it was a good way to be able to do everything there in just a few hours. (Husband is not a night owl so he'll be doing his own thing that day, probably hitting a Disney park for pin trading and then an early bedtime knowing him. LOL)

Dance competition kiddos are mostly staying at All Star Sports and CSR.

Oh gross! I had a decent chance of talking my husband into staying for EEH when they start at 10pm. 11pm-1am? He'll never do it. Ugh. And I built that part of the week around it. 🤬
Glad to know my husband isn't the only one adverse to those late park hours. You could always go it alone. I know I will come this May.

Add us to the list! Quick weekend trip with a friend. Feb 10-12 at Coronado's GDT.

Add Me to the List CBR Feb 4th through Feb 12th

Please add me to the list...my wife and I (recent empty-nesters :oops:) heading down Sunday, Feb 19th - Thursday, Feb. 23rd, Port Orleans Riverside.

I think I'm back up to date. The webpage still doesn't consistently send me email updates to the thread, even though I have that checked. So, I apologize when I get slow to update.

I hope you love DVC. I love to rent points ROFL! My baby and I are going down in October on rented points, and it's very nice for those trips. I know some people save a lot of money staying at the bargain resorts or off-site, but I don't feel super safe doing that when we travel alone. Even to Disney. We usually stay at BLT but we are trying AK this time. BLT pool needs an update, but I know they are working on updates there. She still has a great time, and you flat out can't beat the walk to MK. I LOVE the contemporary, so that is the biggest draw for me for BLT. SO beautiful and fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter