February 2024 Refurbs and Closures - Radiator Springs Racers begins Feb. 26 through March 1st. Reopens March 2!!

I so hope it's a short one. I told my daughter this morning and she was bummed. Now I just need to make it back when HM is not HMH, we tend to go either during Halloween or Christmas.

Ohhh hot dog, that park is going to see increased lines on everything

It's why we need another BIG E ticket ride....Cars is the only E ticket that really gets insane lines...with GOTG in second

what are the chances it actually opens on that Saturday :( I find it interesting it would be closed so close to food and wine opening date.

It will be back just in time for our visit, awesome and thanks for sharing! Sorry if you are traveling there and will miss during your trip...always a chance it comes back up earlier. Pent up demand probably on Sunday and Monday that weekend!

Are there any date updates for Incredicoaster yet? I've never been on this ride, and I would like to try it. We go March 20-22. I know this is the February board; I wasn't sure if that refurb was starting in Feb?

Are there any date updates for Incredicoaster yet? I've never been on this ride, and I would like to try it. We go March 20-22. I know this is the February board; I wasn't sure if that refurb was starting in Feb?
Starts Monday March 4 and through March 11...so far....Hopefully should be back by March 20..fingers crossed.

March 4 to 12 is just a week. It's a week of maintenance so far.
It is absolutely disappointing when rides are down for refurb and can be frustrating since DLR does not announce much before 6 weeks out.

This is a great point, however. I think of it this way. All of these rides are operating for 14 or more hours per day, 365 days per year. Occasionally, each of the rides needs to go down for refurb. It's a reality operating a theme park. Disney has longer operating hours than almost any other theme park operator. Some places, like many Six Flags, close much of the winter and can do refurbs then. I am not a Disney defender by any means, but I think we all need to be reasonable about the fact that they need to perform maintenance on rides - occasionally lengthy (i.e. HM right now, a few years back Big Thunder was closed for 18 months, etc.).

I am a bit of a broken record on this point but if ride maintenance bothers you, visit during the summer! It is rare to get maintenance closures during the summer unless it is extended work. Folks often visit during times they think “it won’t be as busy” but this is one of the downsides.
This so much!! I can't help but roll my eyes as well when folks complain about lack of nighttime shows during the weekdays. The tickets are like 60$+ cheaper, what did they expect???

This so much!! I can't help but roll my eyes as well when folks complain about lack of nighttime shows during the weekdays. The tickets are like 60$+ cheaper, what did they expect???
Agree with both of you! I think this every time there's posts about when crowds are lowest. My thought is always - GO DURING SUMMER! Yes, crowds might be higher, but the least rides are closed for refurb, there's more entertainment, and long hours! In exchange for higher crowds, there's more things for them to do and more ways to distribute the crowds!

Also, summer has NOT been as busy for several years (still busy, but not as busy as fall now is).

It is absolutely disappointing when rides are down for refurb and can be frustrating since DLR does not announce much before 6 weeks out.

This is a great point, however. I think of it this way. All of these rides are operating for 14 or more hours per day, 365 days per year. Occasionally, each of the rides needs to go down for refurb. It's a reality operating a theme park. Disney has longer operating hours than almost any other theme park operator. Some places, like many Six Flags, close much of the winter and can do refurbs then. I am not a Disney defender by any means, but I think we all need to be reasonable about the fact that they need to perform maintenance on rides - occasionally lengthy (i.e. HM right now, a few years back Big Thunder was closed for 18 months, etc.).
I wish Disney would do smaller refurbs more frequently. Like, every Wednesday, we know that pirates of the Caribbean is down, every Thursday, Matterhorn is down, etc. then we can plan accordingly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter