• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

February Crowds?

amberdc1987

To Infinity and Beyond!!
We are looking at going from February 25 - March 4, 2017. Mardi Gras falls on the 28th in 2017. I am wondering how the crowds will be this time of year. I didn't know if Spring Breaks will have already started or if they are delayed because of Mardi Gras. (I know that not all of the country celebrates Mardi Gras. I am from the south and we do lol)

Crowds are all comparable. There is no absolute crowd level. So if you are comparing it to Summer, or Xmas, or New Years, or Spring Break time, then it will likely be lower crowds. However, there are many variables that are hard to predict this far out, or at all.

How will the new Frozen at Epcot move the crowds, how will the light show at AK move crowds around.. no one knows.

I was reading an article on easywdw today about the xmas crowd levels, at AK specifically. It was almost a slow day there. People headed to other parks. So while MK had closures due to capacity, Everest had 20 min waits. If the nightime shows, and or the longer hours at AK draws more people over there, then the perceived crowds at each other park will go down. Same goes if people start to book a day for Disney Springs. Even a few people adding DS and AK to their trips, pulls those people most likely from MK. Of course depending on what needs to get closed (if anything) at DHS, it could move crowds INTO the other parks, making the same crowd levels "feel" higher.

So there isn't any way to tell. No matter what it won't be the worst time to go, it will likely be average at worst. Go, enjoy your trip, and accept the crowds as part of the experience. A bit of planning will maximize your day and your trip, compared to the masses that stop in the middle of Main Street to figure out where Main Street is.

Pandora in AK will also open about that time which will bring in a whole non-disney pandora crowd to experience it. With so much coming, I think it's going to be a few years before things even out, and then with whatever universal is up to, that'll bring more people into orlando adding to the disney crowd..

I went to Disney in February this year and the crowds were average. The most i waited was around 45 minutes for 7DMT but that was the longest i waited. The major rides at each park like Toy Story Midway Mania and Soarin will always have long waits, even if it is off season. The Princess half marathon fell on the 22nd this year and the crowds died out around the 25th. I think you will be okay. Plus, it's Disney World! How could you not have a good time!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter