• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

February Exercise Challenge--Let's get moving and take care of our hearts!

1653/1700

I really didn't want to get out of bed to go to the Y this morning, but knew if I wanted to make my minutes I better! For sure I'll make it now!! :cool1:

So I calculated the points I would earn for my steps then said that every point was 10 minutes. If anyone thinks I should do this differently, let me know.

2/11 - 20 minutes - walking
2/12 - 40 minutes - weight lifting/cycling
2/13 - 20 minutes - walking
then I got sick...
2/17 - 50 minutes - walking
2/18 - 80 minutes - walking
2/19 - 20 minutes - walking
2/20 - 100 minutes - walking
2/21 - 90 minutes - walking
2/22 - 50 minutes - walking
2/23 - 20 minutes - walking

2/25 - 30 minutes - cycling

Leaving me with 1170/900

(=

Sounds perfect to me. I know when we went to DLR and walked all day I just guessed my minutes--no step counts or anything. Remember, this challenge is by you for you. Whatever you think counts, counts!!

Walking Friday 180 min
Walking Saturday 120 min
PHM Sunday 210 min

1285/1200 min. I'm out for a couple of weeks by dr orders now!!

Into the home stretch ....

116 minutes walking
21 minutes jogging
40 minutes wii

Total since last check-in: 177

robinb 783 / 840

I think I'll make it!

45 mins on the crosstrainer

530/1000

Won't make my goal due to getting sick and being out of commission for a week... But I can try to get as many mins as possible and set a new goal next month :)

Monday: Walk: 60 minutes
Today: Run 8/Walk 2: 2 hours 25 minutes

Brings me to: 2826/3000

Mon 60 min run/walk
Tue 30 min rowing 60 min run/walk
Plus my plank, really starting to hate those.

New total 1568/1200

45 mins running on treadmill
10 mins stretching (felt SO good)

I am willing to host next month, if that's helpful! Let me know and I'll start the thread.

I'm thinking, "Marching into March?"
That works for me. :goodvibes

I was going to host again, but I am happy to give it up. I feel like I have been kind of a slacker host this month anyway. ;) Too many distractions at my house this month!

Congrats to everyone who has made their goals! I will update in the morning.

I think I might make my 'revised' goal after all, so that's exciting!

Rose, I don't want to take it if you want it. I just noticed that a new person seems to volunteer each month so my inner humanitarian spoke up! Haha.

This is a good month for it, I'm making good time with my independent study so a good distraction seems in order...

Rose, I don't want to take it if you want it. I just noticed that a new person seems to volunteer each month so my inner humanitarian spoke up! Haha.

This is a good month for it, I'm making good time with my independent study so a good distraction seems in order...
No, please take it. :) What I meant was, since no one had offered and I hadn't asked....but this is perfect! You offered and I don't have to ask. :thumbsup2 It's all good. I am suffering a major case of the winter blahs, but since I now have permission to increase my workouts from the pt, I can put my energy there in March instead of doing online stuff. :)

Thank you for volunteering to host!

No, please take it. :) What I meant was, since no one had offered and I hadn't asked....but this is perfect! You offered and I don't have to ask. :thumbsup2 It's all good. I am suffering a major case of the winter blahs, but since I now have permission to increase my workouts from the pt, I can put my energy there in March instead of doing online stuff. :)

Thank you for volunteering to host!

Winter blahs for sure. Ugh. I love the snow but I'm tired of not having places to run safely without driving somewhere. I guess you can always dive into the snowbank if a car comes at you? :confused3

You can see it here!

I know I didn't make my goal this month, but that doesn't mean I can't try again! Congratulations to everyone who has made goal or is on track!

Hope to see everyone again next month. :cool1:

mrsdrake625 said:
Winter blahs for sure. Ugh. I love the snow but I'm tired of not having places to run safely without driving somewhere. I guess you can always dive into the snowbank if a car comes at you? :confused3

I second (or is it third) the winter blahs! I was looking back at my log and saw that I had my first warmer spring run march 15 last year. Only 17 days away!!! Of course we had freakishly warm march last year and I would prefer it to stay cooler.. We couldn't go apple picking in the fall because the spring frost killed the crops. :(

Thanks for volunteering to host. It's so much fun!

Oops forgot to report my minutes. 15 min of leg pt so far tonight. Hoping to do a little more once ds is asleep!

480/950

82 minutes tonight so that brings me to 1103/1200.

15 minutes running
46 elliptical
21 strength training

Another 35 of strength. Sorry for the multiple updates today, I kept thinking I was done!

590/1000

Updated through post #499. Lots and lots of green in the first post. Two more days for everyone to move it, move it!:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter