Fed up!

Buckalew

<font color=teal>Hammonitup!!!<br><font color=dark
I'm fed up with how I have been feeding myself! I'm on a "diet". Starting today and I'm telling you all because I think I should tell someone so I'll be accountable. I was running a while back and am having some bad foot problems and have really been doing what my tag says. :(
I'm going to go weigh in and will weigh back in next Friday. I will be eating when (and only when I feel physical hunger) and stopping when I feel satisfied (not stuffed... and fed up. ;) )

Thanks for listening. :)
(Wish me luck)

Good Luck Buckalew! You can do it! The first week is miserable and is the worst! If you can get through it, it becomes much easier.

Holly

Buckalew,

I was where you are now not so long ago. I had been going to the gym four days a week, in the best shape ever, when my foot started acting up. It was so painful that I stopped ALL exercise. 15 pounds was gained atop the 20 I was already trying to lose. I was eating giant pieces of cake and downing hot fudge sundaes on a regular basis.

When my foot finally felt better I told myself enough! I got rid of the fudge sauce, wine with dinner and peanut butter sandwiches. If I wanted cake I bought one slice at the store not the whole cake. When I had burritos (like tonight) I had one instead of two. I have not felt deprived of my favorite foods. I even enjoyed great meals at WDW in May. My walking began to take a quicker pace and I went back to playing tennis too. I think it was Richard Simmons that called it a "live it" not a "diet". 17 pounds are gone as of today.

You can do this. Take it slowly. Make gradual changes and you may not even notice much of a difference in your meals. The weight will come off and the running will return.

Have yourself water on hand all the time. I find if I drink water whenever I start to feel hungry, it takes away the hunger. I think I read on this board once that a lot of times when we are hungry, our bodies are actually craving water. We just don't know the difference.

Thank you all for such encouraging words. I did see an orthopedic doctor about my poor ol' left foot. It has a heel spur, planter's facitis (sp?) and Morton's Neuroma. What a poor ol' foot it is. I have to stick something in my shoe and stretch out the bottom more than I am (so painful!!)

The diet "live it" is going well. Not the best but well. I eat a lot when I'm not hungry & for comfort. I have stressed out for the past 1 1/2 yrs. with DH's job changes etc. and I suppose I have eaten my way through it all.
I did this diet about 4 yrs. ago and lost 21 lbs. in 3 months and kept it off for 2 1/2 yrs. and have slowly & steadily gained it all back. I know that I can do it if I can regain my focus. Thanks to all of you though. There is something special about the DIS and its encouragment!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter