Fedex Issues

FedEx is the WORST !! We had a package dumped on our porch that had an address down the street and on a different street and totally different house number ! If actually read, it was clearly not the right house. Tried to contact fedex and never heard back from them. A few days later I flagged down another fedex driver and he took the package to deliver it correctly.
Just say NO to fedEx !
The same thing happened to me last week. A package was delivered to my house that did not belong to me and should have been delivered to a different street entirely. When I tried to stop the driver he just ignored me and drove on. Another driver came by the next day and took it to its rightful owner.

FedEx ground delivery issues are almost always the local contractor, if you have a good contractor it works out well, if you don't, it doesn't. The one that kills me is the Amazon Independent contractors that don't care, I had a fitbit delivered Monday, driver tossed it from the sidewalk, about 10 feet and up 5 stairs, then walked halfway up the stairs to take the delivery proof picture. I have it recorded on my Ring, I made sure to send that to Amazon when they sent me the "how did we do" link.

we have good luck GETTING the packages, but smh at how they're delivered. We have a table and chairs in front under roof cover...so easy to just set anything down on them. Yet every single time, the box is thrown behind huge planters, halfway down the sidewalk, you name it. Anywhere that's hard to spot and gets full on rain. :crazy2:

I had a pkg of important medication "delivered". I looked everywhere. Finally found it...thrown over our fence into our backyard.

Sorry I can't help you. I just started working for Amazon delivery. I work the final delivery route from my porch to my neighbor's 2 houses away. The past week and a half I've done the final delivery for 7 packages in 7 deliveries. It's a thankless job that I don't even get paid for.

Caught the Amazon van in the middle of that. He showed me the GPS which pinned my driveway and put a note in whatever system they have. After that I delivered the last 3 deliveries and saw another driver stop at my place, then turn around on the road, stop again at my place so I went out to explain to him. He saw the note in the system and was trying to figure out the actual location. They must have fixed it because I haven't had to make deliveries in the past few days.

Yipes. I had no idea the issues were still this widespread. I gotta stick with ordering things from Target, they use UPS and I've never had anything go wrong. It's just tough when they don't have the exact thing I need but just today the spouse's allergy meds got low and we both agreed we'd go to Costco in person now rather than order the pills even though I hate going through that giant and competitive parking lot.

Fun story: last year, my aunt and grandma came to visit us around xmas time (they were part of our bubble as they lived in the same town) and my grandma mentions she saw something shiny in the hedges by our front door. Turns out it was the silver from a package that got wedged between our house, the front step and the hedges. Turns out it was in fact a gift.
My mom actually wrote in a couple cards “gift is en route”
And then my other aunt ordered something for me for Xmas and it never came. It eventually came in February and she’s been saving it for this Christmas.

My FabFitFun box rarely comes on time. I know of people who it’s more than one person gets the FFF box and one gets it in time and the other doesn’t. It’s crazy

So glad you found it OP!
I had my neighbors delivery on my front porch the other day.
Sometimes my stuff gets delivered to a house on another street in my subdivision that shares number.
Luckily it doesn't happen often.

On a lighter note, a few years ago I was getting ready to fly on UPS (I’m an ATC so we fly from time to time) out of Memphis which is the main FedEx hub and we were going to Louisvile which is the main UPS hub. I said something to the captain about how I had never been to Louisville so it will be interesting to see the operation there. He laughed and pointed across the ramp over to FedEx and said, “If you want to see how to do things then go over there. Those guys know how to run a shipping company.”

I guess I've been super lucky - I order a ton from Amazon - never had any issues. UPS, and FedEx the same - no issues.

I wonder if it's related to recent staffing problems. Less good people to go around...

We got an Amazon delivery (Amazon truck) last week of 4 boxes. Only 3 were ours. My DH walked across the street and happened to run into the woman coming out so he gave her the package. She thanked him. It literally was the house directly across the street. Our address ends in a 5 and theirs in an 8 so it was lack of attention on the delivery guy's part. Oh, and we hadn't met them even though they've been there a couple of years. They aren't outside much.

Sorry I can't help you. I just started working for Amazon delivery. I work the final delivery route from my porch to my neighbor's 2 houses away. The past week and a half I've done the final delivery for 7 packages in 7 deliveries. It's a thankless job that I don't even get paid for.

Caught the Amazon van in the middle of that. He showed me the GPS which pinned my driveway and put a note in whatever system they have. After that I delivered the last 3 deliveries and saw another driver stop at my place, then turn around on the road, stop again at my place so I went out to explain to him. He saw the note in the system and was trying to figure out the actual location. They must have fixed it because I haven't had to make deliveries in the past few days.
i can't stop laughing but at the same time, i've been that "Final Delivery Route" person on my street as well...

Glad you got it. Last year, my FedEx package went into limbo. After I complained to seller, they confirmed, and kindly refunded me and sent another, which I did receive.

One time I guess the UPS delivery guy thought the house across the street was the right house. Got a knock on the door, neighbor came home and was nice, and bought the package to us. And it was a very large package.

This time of year, and with all the supply issues, all bets are off as to delivery being on time. Though I have to say, I do get annoyed when seller says deliver by the post office, but my mail person doesn’t deliver it until the day of two after.

i can't stop laughing but at the same time, i've been that "Final Delivery Route" person on my street as well...
And.... woke up just this morning, got ready for work, opened the door and stepped on another package for the neighbor.

I think this is number 8 or 9.

On the one hand I'm very glad it wasn't just me. On the other hand I'm so sorry it's not just me! :(

I guess I've been super lucky - I order a ton from Amazon - never had any issues. UPS, and FedEx the same - no issues.

I haven't had any issues with UPS, Fedex, or Amazon. I always get worried when I see things were handed off to USPS, though. I've had stuff disappear as soon as it hits them.

My order on Saturday arrived- once again to the wrong house! It is the same street number, but the wrong street. I tracked it all day and as soon as I saw the picture my DH trudged over there in the snow. It was a $200 item so I didn’t want it to go missing. I don’t know how to resolve this, but glad I got my package. I responded to their question of how I liked the picture, but my answer wouldn’t go through. They said “something went wrong”. Yes it did. They don’t want complaints.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter