feedback on split stay offsite

nealsmith

9-12er
We've always flown, used the magical express transportation, and stayed on property for a 6 or 7 day visit, last stay was AKL and CS before that. This is the breakdown of our plan this year, 8 day stay, we wanted to see Universal and Seaworld.

We will be staying at CBR 3 nights and then staying at my parents time share, they don't use their points so they are giving this to us.:thumbsup2

5 day park tickets with park hopper, and dining plan, don't have my dining reservations yet. FWIW, we will do rope drop on most every day.

day 1 (a Tuesday)
fly in to MCO. We have an early flight 6am. We did this last time and family was fine with it. Plan to rent a car through Sixt and drive in. Anyone here used Sixt? The car will probably sit for a 2.5 days, but it's just as cheap to rent it for the week as it would be for a few days.
Plan to do MK this day.

day 2
EP

day 3
HS

day 4
Checkout of CBR, load up luggage into rental car.
AK
Check in at the timeshare is after 4pm, so we will probably stay in parks until dinner time and then leave, back to CBR to get car and check in and just stay in for the night.

day 5
MK

day 6 (this is a Sunday)
Universal Studios, we haven't been before, just plan on doing the 1 park.

day 7
Sea World and possibly head out to the beach.

day 8
no plans yet. flight is at 5:00, so will be back to MCO by 2ish to return car.

Since we've not done a car rental here before or a split stay, I was just a little apprehensive about some this. If anyone has any advice or feedback it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter