Feedback, please on tentative Epcot plan for Monday December 3

Sherry Couch

Earning My Ears
I am already making some changes based on early feedback. You guys are awesome!!

I would love feedback/ suggestions as this is my first trip and I am the only planner in the house.

Our traveling party included myself and husband, my 8y/o dgt and my 68 y/o parents. Some of us are more " see it all people" some of us are more " stop and smell the roses" types so I am trying to strike a balance. Some of us are old and out of shape so minimizing walking is also a consideration.

I plan on being there at park open. ( And I am pretty sure I can get everyone else on board with that too!)

9-10( ish)
Space ship earth( because my dgt is SO excited that the big ball is ACTUALLY a ride!)
TT

10-11(ish)
Mission space
Frozen ( fp)

11-12:30 ( ish)
Storybook at akershus house ( we are hoping for late breakfast or early lunch. We will see what we get)

12:30- 3:00(ish)
Anna/ Elsa
Explore WS

3- 6(ish)
Flex time.
I am thinking about leaving this block open to be determined that day depending on how we are feeling/ what we want to do.

Ideas include:
Go back to Windsor hills for a break
Continue to explore WS
See some things that didn't make " the list" like film festival or cool spot
On site break like friendship boats or monorail
We will probably pack snacks in case we stay and /or grab some treats in WS as well to several as a dinner.

6-7 (ish)
Journey into imagination
Sea friends
Turtle talk
7:30-8:30sh(ish)
Liven with the land
Soarin
Character spot (fp?)
Then head for illuminations!

I was thinking about fp mission and character spot so I could try and snag more fp after frozen. I 'm not sure there is a huge benifit though unless I could get soarin though? I am guessing that there is not a great chance of that though?

What do you think?
Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
First thought is that by time you get to Test Track, you'll be looking at a 60-90 minute wait, easily...unless everyone does single rider. I would slot TT as your very first ride, so you can save your Tier 1 FP+ for FEA. Hit Spaceship Earth later, maybe even on your way out...most of the time it doesn't need a FP+, and if it does, they're super easy to get.

11-12:30 ( ish)
Storybook at AK

We will probably pack a meal/ snacks in case we stay and grab some treats in WS as well.

These two things are confusing me. Storybook at AK is a MEAL, so what meal are you thinking of packing?

To minimize walking and waiting and fulfill DGD's dream, I would probably stick with doing SE upon entrance, but that does mean you want to be at EP at least 30 minutes before opening, so you're not too far in the back. The majority of people will be heading toward TT or Soarin', but there will be some who hit SE just because it's the first ride they see. You don't want to have to wait too long for this ride for the rest of your day to "work."

So, do SE, but then head straight for TT. The line won't be too bad, but it won't be short either. If you really are eating at Akershus, you want your FEA FP+ to coordinate with that, but maybe make some throwaway FP for earlier so you can try for that late in the day FP for Soarin after you scan in for FEA. You should be able to do either character spot or mission space after TT, but it will depend on when your FEA FP is and your Akershus ADR is, if you're eating there. You could make one of these your first FP from 9:30-10:30 and then make FEA 10:30-11:30 with an ADR for Akershus around noon.

I would not do Spaceship Earth at opening if there is any way to get around it. I would promise her to do it later in the day. A lot of "non in the Disney know" people do Spaceship Earth first just because it is the first thing they pass, which means the line first thing in the morning is often longer than it is for the rest of the day. We do it a little later in the day and almost always walk on- the most we have ever waited is probably 10 minutes. That is a FP you can usually get late in the day too. If your Tier one is the Frozen ride- you would be better off heading to Soarin or Test Track at park open. If you don't hit Test Track until 10 ish- the chances of you getting through that line and being able to get over to Frozen in time for a 10-11 FP are pretty slim most days.

These two things are confusing me. Storybook at AK is a MEAL, so what meal are you thinking of packing?

To minimize walking and waiting and fulfill DGD's dream, I would probably stick with doing SE upon entrance, but that does mean you want to be at EP at least 30 minutes before opening, so you're not too far in the back. The majority of people will be heading toward TT or Soarin', but there will be some who hit SE just because it's the first ride they see. You don't want to have to wait too long for this ride for the rest of your day to "work."

So, do SE, but then head straight for TT. The line won't be too bad, but it won't be short either. If you really are eating at Akershus, you want your FEA FP+ to coordinate with that, but maybe make some throwaway FP for earlier so you can try for that late in the day FP for Soarin after you scan in for FEA. You should be able to do either character spot or mission space after TT, but it will depend on when your FEA FP is and your Akershus ADR is, if you're eating there. You could make one of these your first FP from 9:30-10:30 and then make FEA 10:30-11:30 with an ADR for Akershus around noon.

Sorry that was unclear. We are hoping for
First thought is that by time you get to Test Track, you'll be looking at a 60-90 minute wait, easily...unless everyone does single rider. I would slot TT as your very first ride, so you can save your Tier 1 FP+ for FEA. Hit Spaceship Earth later, maybe even on your way out...most of the time it doesn't need a FP+, and if it does, they're super easy to get.

For some reason it wouldn't let me reply to the first comment. You are both right. I don't think putting it back that far is a great idea. The times don't work. I like the idea of doing SE then TT. I think that is a good compromise. I could drop character spot back to later in the evening with the other stuff. How long do you think Tt would be at say 9:30 ish?

For some reason it wouldn't let me reply to the first comment. You are both right. I don't think putting it back that far is a great idea. The times don't work. I like the idea of doing SE then TT. I think that is a good compromise. I could drop character spot back to later in the evening with the other stuff. How long do you think Tt would be at say 9:30 ish?

If you're at the front of the pack, you should be on and off SE by 9:15 at the latest, BUT you can't linger at the end of the ride. There are some interactive things to do upon exiting. If you're going to do TT, you've got to say NO to these and head on out. You can always come back later to play.

For the time of year you're going, I think TT should still be around the 30-40 min wait at the most.

If you're not at the front of the pack, it could be much later before you get to TT. I can't stress enough how important it is for you to be there early enough to be one of the first people into SE. That line will build quickly just because it's right there.

I do not at all agree with the idea of doing SE first, then TT. I think that's really going to slow you down, badly. If you get to TT at 9:30, you'll be facing quite a long line. I would definitely go right to TT first. Do SE later...it's so easy to get on. You can ride it 3 times in 20 minutes during the afternoon if you really want.

I do not at all agree with the idea of doing SE first, then TT. I think that's really going to slow you down, badly. If you get to TT at 9:30, you'll be facing quite a long line. I would definitely go right to TT first. Do SE later...it's so easy to get on. You can ride it 3 times in 20 minutes during the afternoon if you really want.

While normally I would agree with you, and my family would never do it first thing, there are some reasons why I think it works for OP.

1. This is one, if not THE one, ride OP's DGD is really excited about. It will be disappointing and could put a damper on the whole day to rush past it, depending on disposition of said DGD.

2. OP wants to minimize walking, if possible. Going all the way back to SE sometime during the day is a bit of a hike. If they knew for sure they would go back to the resort, then I would try to talk DGD into doing it on the way out for that break or on the way back in on their return.

3. OP wants to see Illuminations, so doing it at the end of day doesn't work either.

Yes, the wait at TT at 9:30 will be significantly higher than it will be at rope drop, but it is manageable considering they are going Dec 3, a traditionally slower time of the year.

Yuck, I missed the Illuminations part. In that case, yeah, that would pose a challenge and you may be right. Otherwise, my proposal would be to just hit it on the way out. Later in the day, it's a straight walk on. OP does mention flex time and maybe heading back to the resort from 3-6. If she is going to do that, then that's when I'd recommend hitting SE. You've got very valid points in #1 and #2, but if OP is confident they will be heading out and back in later in the day, that's a few opportunities to hit SE.

SE is actually probably in my "top 5" list of all rides in WDW...don't know why, but I just love it. I actually have the same concerns you raise...if we don't hit it on the way in, it's sort of out of the way to head back to it. But we don't rope drop anyway, so for us, we'll hit it on the way in if the line is zero...or we have a FP+ for it. Otherwise, we hit it on the way out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter