Feeling a little bummed about November trip... :-/

snoopboop

DIS Veteran
It's been over a year since my last visit to Universal Orlando, and I've got a trip planned in November. But I'm starting to feel really kind of bummed about it.... I already knew that Hulk will be closed... and now I know that Disaster will be closed permanently by then, meaning that I won't even get one final chance to get my Christopher Walken fix.

I'm just.... disappointed. I realize that I'm going in the off-season and all, but this is just a downer.

Can someone snap me out of it????? :confused3

Everything else will still be awesome! Minions, Harry Potter, Shrek, RRR, Dragon Challenge, and OH MY GOSH! BUTTERBEER.

Nevermind, you're too bummed. Guess you'll have to stay home and give me your ticket... *wink,wink*

Ooooooh, I will get to try the warm Butterbeer for the first time!

Now, if they decide to discontinue THAT, I may just stay home. :rotfl:

I feel the same way OP. I was okay with the Hulk closure, but the Disaster closure announcement really put a bummer on things I was looking forward to doing.

Disaster is closing and being replaced by Fast & Furious? Seriously? :eek: I don't even have words.

Theres another one I'll miss too when I go in October.

There is some great entertainment. There are alot of great shows and attractions for you to do. You will be fine. Just no Christopher Walken.

Awwww. I'm sad you're sad. I haven't ridden Disaster in about 5 years. I won't miss it at all but I know that there are always disappointed people whenever anything closes.

Thanks, everyone. I knew you'd understand. :-)

I really wish I could just get in one more screening of Mutha Nature before it's gone for good!!!

Me too! Love Disaster! I had to move my trip back by a week because of a job interview (for the Motherland no less) otherwise I would've been able to catch both Disaster and the Hulk! :sad2:

Me too! Love Disaster! I had to move my trip back by a week because of a job interview (for the Motherland no less) otherwise I would've been able to catch both Disaster and the Hulk! :sad2:
Oh, boo!!!! That really stinks!!!

(I mean, good luck on the interview.... but BOO to missing both rides by a week!!!)

It's been over a year since my last visit to Universal Orlando, and I've got a trip planned in November. But I'm starting to feel really kind of bummed about it.... I already knew that Hulk will be closed... and now I know that Disaster will be closed permanently by then, meaning that I won't even get one final chance to get my Christopher Walken fix.

I'm just.... disappointed. I realize that I'm going in the off-season and all, but this is just a downer.

Can someone snap me out of it????? :confused3

Take a deep breath, and realize that Disaster has run its course as an attraction, and that there's better ways to get your Christopher walked fix.

Download the SNL app, and make the More Cowbell sketch one of your favorites. There, now you have an anytime Walken fix in the palm of your hand.

Take a deep breath, and realize that Disaster has run its course as an attraction, and that there's better ways to get your Christopher walked fix.

Download the SNL app, and make the More Cowbell sketch one of your favorites. There, now you have an anytime Walken fix in the palm of your hand.

Ha! I recently watched a compilation of Christopher Walken impressions from Whose Line is it Anyway.... Hilarious!!!!!

I will follow your advice and immediately get the SNL app. :-D

Oh no! we will be there Sept 24-26th and will just miss Hulk & Disaster (DD has never been to US/IOA). I don't care about the rollercoaster because I'm a big chicken but my DH & DD will be disappointed. Any slight chance that the schedule will move out just a tad? (wishful thinking I know....)

Ha! I recently watched a compilation of Christopher Walken impressions from Whose Line is it Anyway.... Hilarious!!!!!

Have you seen Kevin Spacey impersonate Christopher Walken trying out for the role of Han Solo? If not, find it. Yep, from SNL.

Have you seen Kevin Spacey impersonate Christopher Walken trying out for the role of Han Solo? If not, find it. Yep, from SNL.
I've seen that one.

Also, I think Bradley Cooper does a decent Walken impression. I believe it was on one of the late night talk shows, so likely can be found on YouTube.

Am I the only one not to like Christopher Walken???????

I think I must be..........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter