Feeling crowded at LeCellier

d96j97

Disney NUT!
We have visited LeCellier every visit we have had to Disney since our honeymoon in 1992. However, the past couple times we have gone, we get seated at a table so small that it is a tight fit for the food on the table as well as extremely close to other tables. I realize it is very small inside the restaurant but just curious if anyone else has ever asked for a table not in such close proximity to others? When we visited with our boys, we never had that issue as it was the four of us. Our boys are now grown and we visit alone but it seems that if you are a party of two, you are just squeezed in wherever they can find a spot. We will definitely still go, but just wondering if it is possible to ask for a better seating area? Thanks so much! :thanks:

I agree, we were there at the start of this month and I had forgotten how tight the tables were, both in size and how close you are to the party next to you. We sat at 845p so it wasn't overly crowded so we were comfortable but I can imagine what it looked like at 730p.

They do this even when the restaurant is 90% empty, sat us between a walking path and another table for 2. Close enough that it was like having a meal for 4 - no way to avoid the conversation and noise when someone is a foot away, while getting physically bumped or brushed by servers on the walkway side. I didn't enjoy it enough to go back.

We had the same experience in terms of crowding. We were so close to the next table (of 4) that the server’s rear end touched our table when squeezing in to serve them. :oops: And while the other party seemed very nice & good sports about our close quarters, they also let their child watch a video on an iPad at full volume. :rolleyes: I’m trying to remember if there were “better” two-tops. I think there may be a couple against a column. I’ll be interested to know if anyone has success with requesting a little more space. Honestly, seems like a common issue at Disney. San Angel Inn packs the tables in and parts of Chefs and Via Napoli are tight as well.

Our last experience at LC had us in an unusual niche, with a 4 top, a 2 top, and another 4 top. We were seated in the middle, ugh. Every time the waitress came to serve either table, her butt was touching our table. When the tables emptied out to go watch Illuminations, our table was bounced around so much that I had to make a desperate grab for our drinks, which were about to fall over. We felt like we were part of both groups, couldn't avoid hearing their conversations, and couldn't really hold a conversation of our own. When they first offered us this table, we said no. The restaurant was crowded, and we had already waited 40 minutes past our ADR time. They told us that it was this table, or another 30 minute wait for a table for 2. They wouldn't seat us in a table for 4, because the restaurant was apparently VERY over-booked. We asked to move ANYWHERE after we got our drinks, and again after our appetizers, but told no both times, even though we could see empty tables. It was, without a doubt, the worst experience in any restaurant we ever experienced to that point, and since. We made the decision, before we ever left the restaurant, that we would never return. Yes, that bad.

And this is very common sadly. Not acceptable for any dining experience, never mind a restaurant pretending to be a signature :crazy2:

We just got back from dining at LeCellier 6-17-19 and it was just the two of us.

We were seated at a two top with two 4 top tables beside us. We did not feel crowded at all. I guess it really depends on where you are placed.

We have never felt crowded there. I guess we have been lucky!

We stopped going to LC several years ago for this reason. Unfortunately we found the restaurant inside the Mexico pavilion is very similar - crammed in like sardines. Not worth the money or awkwardness. Wish they'd consider the diners instead of just trying to increase profits. I can dream, can't I?

Last time hubby and I went there we were so close to the other table i heard the conversation the whole time we ate...so crowded there I would not go back...it's a small place any way but they will keep cramming you in if you allow it...

We went last month, 3 of us. we were near the back of the room by the mirrors on the wall. In past trips, it seemed very crowded. Where we were seated, we had plenty of room.

Yesss, it was super crowded when we went. We got put between 5-6 other tables to our left and right. So close that you can basically just get in on everyone's conversation. Despite this, I still loved it knowing people told me to avoid this place... but I thought the steaks were pretty good, and they were the best I had during my trip. It's almost on par with Steakhouse 55, but just not quite. Even tried the filet at California Grill, and just wasn't quite impressed as others have been. Steakhouse 55 will always be my comparison to all other Disney and non-disney steakhouses that serve good cuts of beef.

Anyone go at a time for dinner that isn't super crowded?

I usually go for lunch when it's just the two of us. I'm a claustrophobic person, I actually thought it was worse when there were 5 of us (4 adults + highchair). The high chair was just crammed onto the end of a 4 top whereas most places sat us at a 6 top.

When it's been just the two of us, I don't remember it being that cramped.

I have been trying to drop this from our list of restaurants for years but it is the only request for dining that my daughters mother makes. I have not cared for it since our 2012 trip when a waitress argued with my daughter about her ordering her steak rare and then just changing it to what she felt a 12 year old should have. Added an hour to our dinner, I made them correct it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter