• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Feeling Hot Hot Hot! The Rain Curse is Broken! Two Weeks of Fun in the Sun! COMPLETE

Ugh, we saw kids being allowed to terrorize some birds at AK. Why can't parents act like parents? Poor baby ducks.

A night at the Poly sounds very relaxing. Dinner at Cpt. Cooks sounds like a great idea, but I have a hard time going to dinner at the Poly and not having it be Ohana. Maybe on a longer trip one day.

It is not the traditional college program. It is an "Internship", I think it is a cross between the college program and their International Program. He will be taking classes and earning credit with a Florida University while working at Disney.

Wow, how cool is that.

We love Captain Cooks, but when it's busy, it can feel really crowded in there. Eating outside sounds perfect.:thumbsup2

That duck is too cute! My dog lays like that too except with his left leg straight out behind him.

:lmao:

I see Alek had a nap. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

:rotfl:

I agree letting kids hurt animals is wrong !!

Yep, so very wrong.

Ugh, we saw kids being allowed to terrorize some birds at AK. Why can't parents act like parents? Poor baby ducks.

A night at the Poly sounds very relaxing. Dinner at Cpt. Cooks sounds like a great idea, but I have a hard time going to dinner at the Poly and not having it be Ohana. Maybe on a longer trip one day.

We have never eaten anywhere else but Captain Cook's while at the Poly so we don't face that problem. ;)

We love Captain Cooks, but when it's busy, it can feel really crowded in there. Eating outside sounds perfect.:thumbsup2

Yep, it was really nice eating outside. Not crowded and the weather was perfect. :thumbsup2

Caught up again. I am so jealous you actually got the lions face. I usually just get the butt, of course that happens with most animals. :rotfl2: AK is one of my favorite parks and I cannot wait for the grandkids to see it in August. We go to our zoo alot so I have some animal lovers.

I cannot believe that the parents sat and did nothing while the kids chased the baby ducks. My grandkids know better. I am the "mean" grandmom because I make them behave and give them rules to follow. It doesn't always work but they know not to harm animals.

I hope you let us know where your brother is, I would love to see him when I am in WDW in August. He looks llike he really is a lot of fun to be around, they both do.

Caught up again. I am so jealous you actually got the lions face. I usually just get the butt, of course that happens with most animals. :rotfl2: AK is one of my favorite parks and I cannot wait for the grandkids to see it in August. We go to our zoo alot so I have some animal lovers.

We love Animal Kingdom as well. :thumbsup2

I hope you let us know where your brother is, I would love to see him when I am in WDW in August. He looks llike he really is a lot of fun to be around, they both do.

I hope HE let's US know! :rotfl: He is threatening to not tell us! :rolleyes:

Love the CSR pics! What a pretty resort.

That duck is so precious. It makes me angry when parents let their kids run wild. I tell ya... people these days...

Love the CSR pics! What a pretty resort.

That duck is so precious. It makes me angry when parents let their kids run wild. I tell ya... people these days...

Yep, I really wonder about people. I don't know if it is getting worse or I just notice it more now that I am older??? :confused3

Thank you Thank you Thank you :good vibes I found your report Friday night after a very long absence from the Disboards and just finished your report start to page 171. I can't tell you enough how much I enjoyed your report and awesome photos. What a wonderful family you have.
You all seem to be having so much fun together (even when you werent feeling well) and let's face it that's what's life is all about. Family, Fun and Disney World.
Well I could go on for days but I won't let me just thank you again for your report.
I can't wait for more ;)

Ugg, I hate it when kids terrorize animals! Even at two Everett knows to be gentle and respectful of animals, I don't understand why parents don't step in when they see things like that happening. I wish the ducks bit those kids, then they'd learn a lesson! ;)

I love the idea of Captain Cooks and then Wishes from the Poly beach, I may steal it for our Sept trip!

I found and read your TR this weekend. We were actually at WDW at the same time as you last year although we were only there during your second week. I looked for us in the background of your pictures but didn't see us. I was especially interested in your Universal Days as we are finally venturing over there this trip. I've been to both parks before but not in over 10 years so it will be like new. Thanks for writing the report. I really enjoyed reading it.

Wow, lots of new readers! :goodvibes

Thank you Thank you Thank you :good vibes I found your report Friday night after a very long absence from the Disboards and just finished your report start to page 171. I can't tell you enough how much I enjoyed your report and awesome photos. What a wonderful family you have.
You all seem to be having so much fun together (even when you werent feeling well) and let's face it that's what's life is all about. Family, Fun and Disney World.
Well I could go on for days but I won't let me just thank you again for your report.
I can't wait for more ;)

I like your philosophy on life, "Family, Fun and Disney World". :thumbsup2

Ugg, I hate it when kids terrorize animals! Even at two Everett knows to be genital and respectful of animals, I don't understand why parents don't step in when they see things like that happening. I wish the ducks bit those kids, then they'd learn a lesson! ;)

I love the idea of Captain Cooks and then Wishes from the Poly beach, I may steal it for our Sept trip!

I hope you do take the idea, it was a very relaxing evening. :thumbsup2

I found and read your TR this weekend. We were actually at WDW at the same time as you last year although we were only there during your second week. I looked for us in the background of your pictures but didn't see us. I was especially interested in your Universal Days as we are finally venturing over there this trip. I've been to both parks before but not in over 10 years so it will be like new. Thanks for writing the report. I really enjoyed reading it.

Universal was lots of fun, I hope you have fun when you go back!

New to your trip report... I just love all the details!!!

Your family is so darn cute!!!

Welcome and thank you! :goodvibes

May 24th continued

We wandered down to the beach after our meal in order to grab a spot for the fireworks. This proved to be a difficult task. The area around the main pool was blocked off, I think they were painting?

IMG_3908.jpg

The pool was the only access to the beach that we knew of so we had to go exploring to find another way down. We wound up down at the concierge building and there was a little path that ran beside it that took us down to the beach.

We grabbed some lounge chairs and just hung out and relaxed until the fireworks started. There was a big movie screen set up on the beach, looked like they were going to be showing a movie on the beach after the fireworks.

It was a lovely evening and so I took advantage and snapped some pictures. ;)

IMG_3909.jpg

IMG_3910.jpg

IMG_3911.jpg

IMG_3913.jpg

IMG_3914.jpg

I walked up to Paradise Point to get a view from there.

IMG_3916.jpg

IMG_3917.jpg

IMG_3920.jpg

IMG_3925.jpg

IMG_3942.jpg

The Electrical Water Pageant came out right before the fireworks started and stayed lit up for much of the fireworks show.

IMG_3963.jpg

IMG_3966.jpg

IMG_3968.jpg

IMG_3969.jpg

IMG_3971.jpg

IMG_3975.jpg

Here is some video of Wishes as seen from the beach. They do pump the Wishes music onto the beach but it is not very loud and the camera did not really pick it up.

In this first video you can hear lots of background chatter. There was this one kid on the beach who was very enthusiastic about the fireworks. Throughout the whole show he was saying "Awesome! Wow! So Cool!". :laughing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dawIqwvsp1g

In this clip the American flag part of the water pageant is lit up with Wishes going off overhead, very Fourth of July.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBKRZts9ZPk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWSm6YQsYDE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFr_nBhB-HA

I really liked spending our last night at the Poly, a perfect way to end the trip. Word of warning, if you do plan on hanging out on the beach at night, bring a sweater. I was still wearing my sundress from earlier in the day and it was a bit chilly once the sun went down.

After the fireworks it was back to the hotel to pack as we were leaving the next day. :sad: Hard to believe that this trip report is almost at an end!

[post=44711582]Click here to continue[/post]

So, so sad that the trip's coming to an end!!:sad1:

I have to say that I don't think you could've planned your last night any better!! I've always wanted to watch the fireworks from the Poly beach!

I loved the sunset pics as well...I have to say the one of your Mom is my favorite of the whole trip!

Wow, it's hard to believe this is almost over! I've been reading this TR as long as I've been on the DIS! :rotfl:

It looked like such a beautiful evening! You got some wonderful pictures. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter