Feeling stupid, HELP!

stenogoddess

DIS Veteran
Hey y'all! I'm messing around with PhotoImpact and have never felt so stupid. I usually pick up software programs fairly easy. I've finally decided to walk away and run some errands. In the meantime, what I'm "trying" to do is supposed to be easy, I think, so I was hoping that some kind soul would give me the idiots way to do it. The picture is below. I've fixed the skin tone from very red to pale, which we are. Now, I want to take out the railing that is down there by my rear. I tried touching up and the bucket thing, but either I didn't do it right or I picked the wrong thing to do it with. You can kind of tell where I've been dorking with it to no avail.

Please someone tell me how to do it! I really want to learn but so far :crazy2: is what is happening to me! :teeth:

LJCastle.jpg

Did you open the image as a picture?

If so - it was considered the background and not a layer and therefore you needed to select it to make changes = does that make sense -

if you want to make it a layer - cut it and paste it back and then it becomes a layer - then you can use the clone paintbrush to clone the color right above it to get rid of the railing - the clone paintbrush is on the quick toolbar and you select the image you want to fix - then you select the clone paintbrush - put the cursor over the area you want to clone and press shift while you left click - then move the cursor to what you want to cover - in this case the railing - and then you can paint over it everytime you let go of the mouse it will go back to the starting point of you clone - this is so you can clone a smaller area onto a larger area

I circled the clone tool in red
clone.jpg

I went ahead and fixed your image so you can see what the clone tool will do

fixed.jpg

oh - and I love the shirt!!!!!! :teeth:

I love the frame design! Another talented person is joining our ranks.

Thanks again Kate! :worship: And that is a terrific shirt! :teeth: I had mine on too, until an accident with Coke required a change. :scared:

Anyway, after your great directions it still took me all dag gum night! I don't know why I'm having such a time with this. I wanted to show you the finished product too. And I didn't snake yours, as much as I wanted to, cause I really want to learn and I can't learn cheating off your paper. :lmao:

LJCastleFireworks.jpg

My next question is isn't there a way to put more fireworks in the picture? And I was wondering if the cloning will show up at all when I print the picture out do you think? I was proud of myself to think to blow that area up big to clone around with as it made it easier. Changed the brush size around a little too.

You would have thought I was reading a manuel on how to do brain sugery! I'm not sure the book is that helpful, ya know? But you sure are, thanks again! pixiedust:

Y'all are so sweet. I have to say in all honesty, though, that the frame is the one put on by Disney. I totally wish I could take credit for it. If you could see how long it took me to add fireworks and take out a railing *sheesh* I'm going to keep plugging away at it though! :coffee:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter