• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Feet Pain In the Parks

I find that really good socks - like runners sweat licking socks - makes a big difference. They aren't cheap, but neither is your trip, kwim?

I also carry blister band aids and mole skin with me to the park in case of immediate need to prevent them from getting worse.

Sweat licking socks made me lol.

I know exactly how you feel OP! On one of my trips I was in so much pain by about half-way through my trip that I didn't know what to do. One late night (after a MNSSHP much less) I didn't get a seat on the bus. I was practically crying and mentally willing a younger woman I was standing next to to give me her seat. She finally did about half way to the hotel. I think maybe I might have let out a few wimpers from the pain! I ended up sleeping with my feet elevated that night and coated down in Blue Stuff (a topical pain reliever) and more than the recommended dose of Aleve morning and night.

Anyway, my last trip was soooo much better. I had finally found several pairs of good, comfortable shoes! One pair were the Skechers Go Walks that several people have mentioned. Love those. At home I wear them barefoot, but at Disney I wore some low cut moisture wicking socks. I agree they are not the most fashionable, but boy are they comfy! I also found some Teva sandals and a cheaper knock-off version of the Teva's from Kohl's. Both were very comfortable and much cuter, but great support.

As for the heat, I become miserable when the temps get much more than the upper 80s and any humidity at all. My trip in May was warm but the humidity hadn't set in yet. One of the little mister fans helped alot, but I think I will stick with fall and holiday trips from now on. But even at Halloween it can be 85+.

Thanks for the advice! I will look into those sketchers shoes, I've heard a lot of good things about them. Yes the heat was the most miserable aspect I think. Last weekend it was 95 every day with a heat index of over 100. It was crazy. When we were at the MNSSHP there was a guy dressed in a fully Sully costumes - fur and everything - I'm pretty sure he was baking to death. The parade performers as well looked like they were going to pass out (while still staying in character of course)

first if you are wearing flat tennis shoes and have flat feet thats not a good idea.
you need a good athletic walking/running SNEAKER with good arch support not flat tennis shoes.

personally i'm the exact opposite cuz i under pronate which makes the outsides of my feet hit the ground much more than the inside of my feet so flat cushiony shoes are better for me.

no matter what shoes you wear you are bound to get sore feet though so a trick i picked up back in 2007 is vicks vapor rub.
each morning i put a layer of that all over my feet.
its not the nicest thing in the world cuz it does make for a weird smell especially when sweating and it makes your feet feel a bit hotter and more moist BUT let me tell you it certainly works!!!
i don't get blisters.
my feet are just a TAD sore vs crippling pain.
and it also makes my feet incredibly soft vs tore up by the end of the trip.

i will never go without vicks vapor rub on my feet.
i've used it on 10 trips now.

oh and i also take 4 200mg ibuprofen pills before heading to the parks and after i return from the parks which helps a lot as well.

I should have maybe specified a little more, but I guess where I'm from I call "sneakers" "tennis shoes" haha :). I didn't wear flat shoes, I wore a good pair of Brooks "sneakers" for walking/running. They have good support but maybe they are just getting old I guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter