Fellow YANKEE CANDLE friends.....

KimRaye

DIS Oldtimer and Threadkiller
You'd have been proud of me Thursday night. I HAD to go to a Party Lite demonstration (under protest) and, I was SOOOO good! I told myself I wasn't gonna buy ANY candles but, I'd buy holders, toppers, plates, something like that, MAYBE! Well, I ONLY bought votive holders (good gifts to include with YCE around here)! ;)

BUT, BUT, when the Lady asked if anyone didn't know about Party Lite, I admitted I didn't and, that I was a YC fan! So, I became the 'subject' for the night, all comparisons being made to YC etc., ALL looks & polite 'comments' being sent my way, etc! I stood proud (of course not tall) and, when asked which was better (stupid question!) I told her I'D HAVE NO WAY OF KNOWING THAT, SINCE I'VE NEVER TRIED THEM BEFORE! Duh!

And, who should win one of 2 door prizes? ME!! The candles are not marked so, you have to 'sniff' to tell. I think I got vanilla. And, everyone got a tealight for coming.

NOW, I mean NO disrespect for Party Lite people and, those followers...to each their own....This thread was meant more for my YC supporters! Party Lite has some VERY pretty things but, for the most part I think of them (after tonight) to be more decorative of nature. YC people don't buy a JAR for the decoration.

Jmo and, experience. ;)

Thanks for reading.

I'm an Illuminations fan myself... they have the best lavender aromatherapy candles, plus they have the coolest decorating accessories for the house and garden.

Thanks HMF! Truth be told, I just checked out Illuminations last night and, they have a Great Deal with free shipping and, I was gonna order some votive holders from them also! They are certainly cheaper than YC OR Party Lite! ;)

My sil likes that one, too! It smells like a man's after shave/cologne! ;)

I've tried a lot of different "candles" but always come back to "my" Yankee Candles.

Someone should notify the CEO Of Yankee Candle and let them know what a bunch of fans they have out there!

I love Yankee Candles because they have a stonger scent than other candles. I only buy Yankee Candles, I love them!!!!!!!!!!!

It must be party time because within the last 3 weeks I've been invited to 2 PartyLite parties now. The one I couldn't go to because I wasn't home but I did order a cute red, white, and blue colored tart warmer but I did order some of the candles that go in it. I do like some of their stuff but alot of their candles are too strong in my opinion.

So I will probably go to the party next week but I too will try to resist buying something. There is one thing that would look very cute in my landscaping off my patio. But we'll see.

I've tried a lot of different candles too......but my heart and nose belong to Yankee!!

But I might have to go look at some holders other places :teeth:
Never know when another YCE will pop up!!

I'm not a big fan of Party Lite either, BUT.....a friend of mine had a Salt City Candle party last fall and I would have to say that they are equal to YC. When I light one of those candles, the fragrance goes all through the house. My favorite scent is Cedarwood Vanilla. It's a great scent for fall and winter.

I have also tried a couple of the triple scent Old Virginia candles and they are pretty good also.

I love Yankee candles. Some of my favorites are buttercream, clean cotton, at Halloween time candy corn, Christmas cookie, and McIntosh. Another exciting thing is the drug store my daughter works at just started to carry Yankee candles and she gets a 45% discount-YES!

I love YC like the rest of you, but I also like PartyLite candles, as a matter of fact, I just had a catalog party here in Italy. YC is by far superior in the jar and accessory catagory, but I really LOVE PL's 3-wick candles and their votives, these are the only things I buy from them. I do like YC votives as well, so I just use both. I have been having PL parties for about 6 years now and I only have them when I run out of 3-wicks (they are so expensive the only way I will get them is free), but that doesn't mean I am any less than devoted to YC, there is room in my life for both....lol! :)

Originally posted by KimRaye
YC people don't buy a JAR for the decoration.
Well, after Friday, I stand corrected!! The YC Home Classics Jars are beautiful, shapely, elegant, classy, imo! I received my YCE package and, it included a lovely Home Classics Tiger Lily! Very, very nice jar! Check them out, when you can. Different scents available with those also! Very unique! I love it!

Originally posted by December99
There is one thing that would look very cute in my landscaping off my patio. But we'll see.
Is it the hummingbird candle holder/stake? Just wondering. That looked SOO cute but, in the catalog, you could hardly see the hummingbird! It was still a cute holder tho! Maybe it was the watering can? Another cute one!

REMINDER to my YC friends: I'm talking holders and accessories, NOT the candles! I still have NO opinion on Party Lite candles, since I've never tried them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter