? Festival of Fantasy Parade w/o Dragon float

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaya74

DIS Veteran
Wonder what the parade was like yesterday without the dragon float.... anyone saw it yesterday??

It might not be super impressive, but I do think there's some credit due to Disney for having this up and running next day. They could have just cancelled the entire thing until a formal replacement is determined.

I agree with you... However, I do hope to see the return of dragon when I am there this summer..... there is always a hope!

I agree with you... However, I do hope to see the return of dragon when I am there this summer..... there is always a hope!

Absolutely. I do agree with most people on here that the substitute is not nearly as cool, but it was a 24 hour turn around!

I think that deep down, we all knew that they were responsible.
:D

Of course; after hearing all the complaints about being absent from FoF, it took Aurora four years to figure out how to get back into the parade only to find that guests prefer a Steampunk dragon. And all the ravens and thorn stilt walkers are out of work for awhile.

It might not be super impressive, but I do think there's some credit due to Disney for having this up and running next day. They could have just cancelled the entire thing until a formal replacement is determined.

I don't think this took a whole lot of effort, all they had to do was dust off a float and get two entertainment CMs to stand on it and wave - Philip was supposed to be in the parade anyway, they just stuck him on a float.

I'm curious as to whether they even finished the parade the other day after the fire.

Ditto. I haven’t seen a parade in the park since 2012. Still hoping to see it in all its glory.

Hey Disney . . . . this seems like a no brainer to me . . . the driver of the dragon should have a shut off valve for the propane, and perhaps a control for an on board fire suppression system in case of a fire in the head / neck area where it is difficult for CM's on the ground to reach. Since you are going to have to make repairs to the float, now would be a fantastic time to make these additions. I bet, had these been implemented from the beginning, the repair time for this would have been minimal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter