Festival of the Arts is Amazing

Great to hear!! It's nice to see more quality festivals and events being added to the line-up at Epcot!

I'll be in WDW starting on Saturday night. I've got 2 EPCOT days planned. One for rides and one for the Festival. Depending on how things go with DAH at the MK, I may change a MK day to another EPCOT day. I'm really looking forward to it. I've signed up for the Ink & Paint Workshop on Sunday morning. I can hardly wait!!
I'll be in WDW starting on Saturday night. I've got 2 EPCOT days planned. One for rides and one for the Festival. Depending on how things go with DAH at the MK, I may change a MK day to another EPCOT day. I'm really looking forward to it. I've signed up for the Ink & Paint Workshop on Sunday morning. I can hardly wait!!
I'll be at that workshop as well! Arriving Saturday also! So excited!

We haven't been to Epcot for any other festivals, so I can't compare it, but we really enjoyed Festival of the Arts last year. We are leaving for WDW tomorrow :cool1: and will be at Epcot on Monday. I'm really excited to see what's new and to eat all the food and drink all the drinks! :drinking1

we were there last week and loved it! definitely my new favorite festival! The only thing I hated was the price of booth food. we spent over $70 and were still hungry. if you're on the dining plan, you will get your money's worth using snack credits!

We were there last year and really enjoyed the concerts. I booked us DVC tickets for the first weekend we were there, and we just walked up the second weekend and were able to get it.

We also did the paint by number mural last year. I am heading down with my DN, DNIL and two DGNs on Saturday and hope we can enjoy it while we are there.

If you can't be there (like me) there are some lovely vlogs I found over the weekend that are starting to show up online, so you can at least enjoy it vicariously. It does indeed look like a very fun event!

Where is the paint by number mural located? We only have a half day in Epcot and want to make sure we do this.

Loved this event. Food was unique / fun and it was great meeting some of the artists.

Where is the paint by number mural located? We only have a half day in Epcot and want to make sure we do this.

Not sure of the “technical name” but it’s right before Canada when entering the Showcase.

Just back yesterday, it was okay. The food booths, like F&W are getting to be obscenely overpriced, we didn't stop at one booth the entire week. The art kiosks were interesting, but again, the price to bring home one of the framed pieces simply wasn't worth it. We did buy a small $20.00 piece that my wife will frame at home. The best part of the event was the Broadway series. We saw Kevin Massey & Kara Lindsay (who are actually married) and they did numbers from 3 or 4 different Disney broadway musicals. The theater was packed and they were excellent. Annual passholders can get a wristband for preferred seating at the American pavilion. Didn't care for the tie-dye (now they're calling it 'marbled') themed merchandise. The crowds for this were heavy.

I have really enjoyed it. I told a friend that I feel like Disney has taken the F&W Festival, and added a whole new layer of dimension to it!!

The sidewalk chalk art (near the empty Ellen's Energy Adventure pavilion) was fun, especially when I was able to watch the artists create it.

I loved the Living Statues, located by the fountain. They're entertaining to watch as they play with the crowd.

The various art booths made for some tight sidewalks in places. I enjoyed the various art pieces, but they are expensive. I also felt like it was redundant- a lot of the same stuff with not a lot of variety.

Food booths were fun - some very beautiful presentations of culinary art. Not a lot of gluten-free options, but what I did have, it was delicious. Enjoyed filling in the stamps in my Passport.

The seminars are interesting, and I loved the free Animation Academy classes.

I'll be back next year for this!!!

Very much enjoying this festival. Each time we went, we stopped at the Painter’s Palette first to get a Pop’t Art (my fav) and some gallery bites. Dh and I like to watch the art class while eating. Neat artsy photo ops throughout and liked the Canada food stop. Disney artist pieces were nice. Didn’t buy any of the themed merch.

The seminars are interesting, and I loved the free Animation Academy classes.
Where do these classes take place? Is there any way to know when they happen in advance or do you just have to pick up a brochure when in the park?

Where do these classes take place? Is there any way to know when they happen in advance or do you just have to pick up a brochure when in the park?

They take place in the Odyssey building, located between Test Track and the Mexico pavilion. They go on during the day, in between the seminars. Lots of places to sit. If you wander in, you can ask a CM when the next class will be taking place.

Could someone tell me the price of the Festival of the Arts poster by Greg McCullough (Epcot with hidden mickeys). I called to try to order, but it is only available on site during the festival. Merchandising said if there were any left for sale after the festival ends. Our trip is not until around Easter. Thanks for the info.

Has anyone done the Figment Scavenger hunt this year? Just wondering how that works, ie where to pick up maps, how much they cost, what is the prize, etc.

Just back yesterday, it was okay. The food booths, like F&W are getting to be obscenely overpriced, we didn't stop at one booth the entire week. The art kiosks were interesting, but again, the price to bring home one of the framed pieces simply wasn't worth it. We did buy a small $20.00 piece that my wife will frame at home. The best part of the event was the Broadway series. We saw Kevin Massey & Kara Lindsay (who are actually married) and they did numbers from 3 or 4 different Disney broadway musicals. The theater was packed and they were excellent. Annual passholders can get a wristband for preferred seating at the American pavilion. Didn't care for the tie-dye (now they're calling it 'marbled') themed merchandise. The crowds for this were heavy.
We had the same thought.

It was more of an, eh . . it's okay. The food has gotten so over priced. A single scallop for $6.50. And it wasn't a big scallop, it looked like a baby one.

To say nothing of the fact that there were about 6 items that were labeled gluten free. Sure there were a couple of others that weren't labeled, but that meant that they had to call the chef and wait for a call back before I could even get in line to order.

I realize that art is generally pricey. But I wonder how many $3,000 pieces were sold.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter