Few mistakes made by Disney, save for..

Geek in the Pink

The number 1 must-See Attraction at WDW
Check out this article i found.. it's about Disney closing Pleasure Island at WDW (which i think is horrible). I always looked forward to going to the clubs when I was old enough, but now I can no longer do so.

Right in the beginning paragraph, the writer makes quick reference to VMK, and I'm glad that he recognized it the same way we do..

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2008/07/15/more-business-than-pleasure-at-disney.aspx

the author was apparently a beta tester as well, i just read this --->

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2008/04/17/disney-trashes-its-kingdom.aspx

I see many quotes from dis, I'm wondering if he was actually quoting us! But like most SaveVMK efforts, they all gave up weeks ago.

Do you guys think they will close the whole downtown disney or just pleasure island??!?!?!? This concerns me very much! :confused3

Do you guys think they will close the whole downtown disney or just pleasure island??!?!?!? This concerns me very much! :confused3

downtown disney is staying open. pleasure island is being closed for guess what!!

more shops and restaurants haha

I always looked forward to going to the clubs when I was old enough, but now I can no longer do so.

I really don't think that you will have missed out on much. Just like it's named counterpart in Pinochio, it was getting to be a pretty raunchy place. We went in in it's early days when it was still fun, but haven't been back in over ten years as it just didn't feel like Disney anymore. I always thought that Walt would roll over in his grave if he knew about PI, as he was always more into family oriented ventures.

But don't you guys think that disney is in good hand i mean Roy E. Disney is Walt's nephew so maybe he's just trying to get newer stuff in for the kids. Idk if this is true or not but i kinda gave it some thought :P :)

Roy barely has anything to do with the company. Honestly, I won't be surprised if he has no idea PI still exists, let alone is closing.

Hiya geek,

It's me, horseytink. i know this doesn't have anything to do with your post but i wanted to say hiya. yay. my first post. :)

Hey look, tink finally made a post! Yaaay. hi geek, its flips :) Long time no see. Too bad huh...
Well, the last time I went to pleasure island I was pretty bored, had a cold, and about to fall asleep. It did not seem very busy over there, i was only allowed in one of the clubs. I do think they need more resturants over there though, it didn't seem like they had enough. I was never into any of the late night club things, probably never will be either, but im sorry you will never get to go there.

TINK AND FLIPS AH I MISS YOU GUYS!!

..i just got back from wdw where it is very very rainy but it was ok because everything stayed open. i walked through pleasure island for i think my last time it was kinda sad.

while im on the subject of wdw, i was in the one mans dream attraction and got really sad when i saw the vmk part.. and vmk central is now something devoted to the art of disney it was really sad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter