Few more questions from 1st timer - HELP!!

mom2nickntink

WDW Newbie
1. I see everyone saying they are bringing umbrella strollers - we are bringing our dbl stoller (not umbrella) - can we gate check this stoller or do we need to check it as a bag?

2. What is Florida law for carseats for 6 yr olds? DS is 6-1/2 and in NYS he doesn't have to be in a booster seat - is it the same in Fl?

3. What is the weather like the week following Thanksgiving? What do we pack for days and nites? What are avg highs and lows this time of year?

4. How crowded is it usually this week?

5. Do we need to make PS reservations for non-charachter meals?

6. What are the best breakfasts for kids and at what park are they?

We are staying off site. This is our first time going as a family (I went in 1977 and DH went in 1980) and any other info/tips you can give about our trip for November is appreciated.

Okay, here is what I remember. I went my first time with a four year old and he was not required to be in a car seat nor a booster seat according to the taxi we took and at a later trip the limo we took.

As far as the gate checking a stoller we did that with a BIG stroll we had and even a double stroller. We left it at one plane door and it met us at the plane door as we were leaving the plane. It was great when we got in at three in the morning with to sleepy little baby boys.

As far as the rest I am totally clueless, sorry!

1- you can check your stroller at the gate when your about to board the plane and it will be there for you when you get off including lay-overs.

2-If your just using WDWTransportation then no you do not need to bring your booster seat. Even for the ride to and from the airport. If you are in a "taxi" service vehicle then you do not need one. But if you are renting a car then you will need one.

3-We went the first week in Dec. and the first couple of days were nice and warm High of about 80. But then it got cool. during the day it was about 70 and at night you really will want a jacket or sweatshirt. One night while at DTD we were shopping and my DH actually had to take our DD back to the room because it was so cold out! Shorts and shirts are fine for the days but at night you really want pants and a light jacket or sweater. And if you have a little one make sure to have a blanket in the stroller always. You never know if the breeze will be cool enough for one.

4-If your going for Thanksgiving week. Very crowded. It is value season before and after thanks week which means less people.

5-It depends on were it's for. It's a good idea if you know when you want to eat at a certain rest. to make a PS special w/ little ones.

6-hands down Chef Mickey's at the Contemp. resort. Great food and lots of characters to meet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter