• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Few restaurant questions

andychris14

DIS Veteran
We are a family of 4 (all adults)planning on going in August.
We have a few new restaurants(for us)we are going to try. Would like opinions please. Thanks
Ale & compass
Coral reef
Homecomin, raglan road or bongos?
Boma
We appreciate any help.
Thank you!

Been to Coral Reef several times, beautiful restaurants food was good, it is loud and the service can be slow but you should go
Boma we have only done breakfast here and its my favorite!

We have been to Coral Reef 4 times. The atmosphere is really good. We are at 50% for this place. Twice it was really really good and not so good the other two times that we ate there. The Bailey's & Jack Daniels Chocolate Mousse dessert that they have is one of my favorite desserts.

We’ve eaten at Homecomin’ twice-last summer and last week. Enjoyed them both. This last trip my husband and I shared the chicken thighs on cheddar biscuits appetizer with a salad-just a warning-they were huge and delicious! Easily could feed three people. And we sat on the screened in porch by the water-that was really nice.
We haven’t done Boma for a couple years-we don’t do buffets very often anymore, but it still gets good reviews.

I've had both breakfast and lunch at Ale & Compass and really enjoyed both. That said, depending on where you're staying, not sure I'd make a special trip. But is a quick walk to/from the International Gateway entrance to Epcot.

I adore both Homecomin' and Raglan Road. The latter offers the live entertainment factor in the evenings (or during brunch on the weekend) - but that can also make it loud. I think for that choice I'd just go with what menu looks better to you.

I haven't been to Coral Reef in years and have yet to try Boma. Have fun!!

We have a few new restaurants(for us)we are going to try. Would like opinions please. Thanks
Ale & compass
Coral reef
Boma
We appreciate any help.
Thank you!

We had breakfast at Ale & Compass in March and loved it. The re-design is gorgeous and the food and service were excellent. Definitely the best TS breakfast we've had at WDW.

Coral Reef is fine. We've never had a terrible meal there and the atmosphere is nice.

I've never been to any of those DS TS.

Boma is great!

We have not been to Boma but like Raglan. Homecoming has been good and soso the same with Coral Reef.

I would highly recommend BOMA for food and the great AKL atmosphere. I would also recommend Bongos on your list--it was great fun with great service. I would not recommend the others.

We have enjoyed Coral Reef for either a lunch or dinner. We love breakfast and dinner at Boma!

Ale & compass
Coral reef
Boma
We appreciate any help.
Thank you!
Ale & Compass - it opened shortly before our last vacation, and sadly, we simply did not get there. The menu is very much in our taste. So far, the 'reviews' (mentions, mostly) have been positive. We'll be there is November.

Coral Reef - the room is very cool. 'Reviews' on DisBoard are mixed (at best), but we have had only positive experiences. However, recent menu changes have removed my go-to (Trout with Greens).....but the room is very cool.

Homecomin' served our favorite 'new place' meal on our last vacation. I admit, I'm partial to fried chicken and the Basil 'Julep' was a refreshing cocktail. We've also had fun experiences at Raglan Road & hearty meals at Bongos. Honestly, with all the competition, it's not easy to 'go wrong' at Disney Springs restaurants.

Boma - unless you are staying at AKLodge, traveling to another resort for food is rarely worth the hassle. Boma breakfast MAAAYBE if it was departure day and/or we really wanted to see AKLodge for hoots'n'hollers. Personally, for a similar flavor-profile AND characters, I'd rather go to Tusker House. Also, if the dinner buffet is your pleasure, it's not for me to comment since it's not really something I'd enjoy. Our preference is a daylight lunch/dinner with the animals on the Savannah at Sanaa. By the way, the animals can be seen at many vista points throughout AKLodge - no reservation required.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter