• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fiances bday at WDW

BrerEthan

Earning My Ears
Hey all, my fiancé and I are headed down April 4-13th, ten days at POR, and 7 days MYW w/ park hopper. We are so excited - first big trip as a couple, let alone engaged. I'm a huge mouse junkie and he's a big fan (though not as big as me!). However, his birthday is April 7th and I wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions for a cool birthday surprise/idea that he would really enjoy. We are both low key kinda guys, but I wanted to make his day extra special. Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Hey all, my fiancé and I are headed down April 4-13th, ten days at POR, and 7 days MYW w/ park hopper. We are so excited - first big trip as a couple, let alone engaged.

I'm a huge mouse junkie and he's a big fan (though not as big as me!). However, his birthday is April 7th and I wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions for a cool birthday surprise/idea that he would really enjoy. We are both low key kinda guys, but I wanted to make his day extra special.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

I am on the right, he is on the left.
http://instagram.com/p/inJifvxzuN/

I hope you have a great time!

Make sure to let the hotel know before you visit that you will be celebrating a birthday. They sometimes do special things, but there is no guarantee. Make sure to pick up a birthday pin in the parks. You can get it at City Hall in the Magic Kingdom and the other parks have them in their main help area as well. He will get lots of Happy Birthdays from cast members, so if he wouldn't like that you will want to skip the pin, but it does make things fun.

Sometimes at sit down restaurants they will give a birthday dessert. It totally depends on the place. When I went for my birthday I did.

There are horse drawn carriage rides at Fort Wilderness and Port Orleans that might be fun. There are the pedal cars at Boardwalk that might make a fun afternoon or evening. Riding the monorail around the resorts one evening and stopping at each bar can be fun as well.

Those are off the top of my head. You will have a swell time I am sure!

Ric

Thanks! That sounds like a fantastic idea. I will definitely call and let the resort know.

The horse drawn carriage may be a great idea as well.

I have not personally done it but a friend of mine went out on the firework cruise around the lake and they also did a birthday celebration with cake, banner and champagne. They loved it and highly recommended it. Another option to look at.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter