Fidgets or Fidget Spinners at MK/WDW?

BethCPTSD

Mouseketeer
Gap has already kindly given me her feedback on this in another thread where I asked. She hadn't seen fidget/fidget spinners at WDW Florida, but said ebay might deliver to my hotel.

I just wondered -- has anyone else seen these at the parks or resorts? (I'm staying off site at Disney Springs.) Also, even if not a fidget, do you have any ideas for items in the park that be a good token object to fit in my hand for grounding purposes (staying in reality.)

On one hand, I will have my hands a bit full -- one with my service dog's leash -- the other with my power chair joystick -- but on the other hand, even having a little something to hold in my lap could suffice.

Just looking for any ideas at all -- something that says -- hey, this is where you are, you okay (even if you're one of the child parts) you are in the present.

Sorry if you don't know what i'm talking about -- just look for my other posts.

Thanks! Two days and counting!!!

<3 xoxoxo
Beth

Hey - since you are staying down at the DS hotels, when you all walk over after you get there, pop in to World of Disney, and take a look around!

I'm thinking that maybe if you could find a little TsumTsum of your favorite character, or one of the little rainbow bead mickey-head bracelets (elastic, so one size fits all) or even if you get a keychain (they had TONS of cute new ones!) you might be able to find something that will work well for you!

The bracelets are great, because you could wear that, and it is Disney-themed, and the colors are cheerful! Here's mine:IMG_3394.jpg

You are going to have a great trip!!! Travel safely! :)

I was there last week and don't recall seeing anyone else with them. My daughter had her fidget spinner with her, but rarely had it out. She took her sketch book and spent a lot of her time in line sketching--when she didn't have her phone out--lol! (She's 18 and dyslexic and ADD.)
I love MamaBunny's bracelet idea. I saw that in a lot of the shops.

My 13 year-old nephew forgot to take his spinner along and he ended up getting one of those light up rubber balls on a string that connect to a wristband. I like Mamabunny's ideas a lot.

Edited to add: He also really liked to wear his magicband looped onto the bottom of his lanyard and I noticed he spent a lot of time with it resting in his hand.

If you do get a spinner - be careful of the small parts - they can fall out and I wouldn't want your dog or a nearby kid to put it in their mouth and choke.

I have a bracelet very similar to that. It has a lot of interesting surface and texture to it that I find helps me a lot. Plus that one is really pretty! :)

Have you thought about bringing a weighted plush, or purchasing one? A smaller tsum tsum would certainly suffice, can be placed in your lap when you've got both hands full and can do that nice squishy thing. In my experience, I find weighted things good for grounding myself. As much as I love the bracelet idea, with the way I tend to stim heavily, and sometimes chew when I'm overwhelmed, I'd be afraid of breaking the bracelet and sending beads everywhere. Something to consider?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter