FIFA World Cup 2022 thread

World Cup excitement scale: How excited are you for the tournament?

Votes: 26 52.0%

Votes: 2 4.0%

Votes: 1 2.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 2.0%

Votes: 3 6.0%

Votes: 4 8.0%

Votes: 10 20.0%

• Total voters
Yes they played quite well it was very close. Kane totally failed on that second penalty though. Onward and upward, at least I can concentrate on my vacation at Vero Beach next week and won’t have to seek out a Sports Bar.
Both our countries have Nations League to look forward too.

Yeah it would. People are willing to go to jail for one of their kits when illegally running on the pitch and both athletes have millions of followers on social media. They have more fans combined compared to Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. Those actors made the film industry money even when some of the movies were horrible. Miracle is a classic and so is Invincible. The world watches soccer and those 2 great athletes will endorse the film and make even more money off of it. I don’t know why you honest think it wouldn’t work. Tell me I’m wrong in 20 years.

I don't have to wait 20 years.

Woo hoo Argentina!!!!!! :cool1:
2 more wins and Argentina spontaneously combusts! :)

Some say,especially after the handball by Mess was not called,that the refs will do what is necessary to make sure Messi gets his Cup.

And I don't have a problem with that!lol:)

Seriously,hopefully it happens for Messi-not going to be easy at all.

Maybe Croatia will trash talk Messi like The Netherlands did and fire him up to the next level again!

Last edited:

I've lost all respect for Messi after that game.

View attachment 724622
Not really sure how to feel about it without knowing all the factors involved,but the people he cares about,Argentina,seem to be backing him all the way.

They are saying it reminds them of Maradona.

In Argentina Shirts,Mugs,etc. are being sold that say “Que miras, bobo?” .

With this being his last World Cup,we may have just seen the beginning of the fireworks!

Like Messi's actions or not,he has ramped up interest to a new level.(if that was possible!)

I've lost all respect for Messi after that game.

View attachment 724622
Umm - no. I've been very impressed by the referees in this years WC - except for that game. The center lost complete control. It's one thing to let the contact go (especially with all the acting that goes on), it's quite another to allow the shoving match that game spiraled into. There were 18 yellow cards and not a single red card?!? There are only 22 players on the field. It stands to reason that SOMEBODY should have received a 2nd yellow - even if just by accident.

Umm - no. I've been very impressed by the referees in this years WC - except for that game. The center lost complete control. It's one thing to let the contact go (especially with all the acting that goes on), it's quite another to allow the shoving match that game spiraled into. There were 18 yellow cards and not a single red card?!? There are only 22 players on the field. It stands to reason that SOMEBODY should have received a 2nd yellow - even if just by accident.

The ref was horrible that game, true, nut it does not excuse Messi's behavior during and after the game.

DH and DS went to a watch party at a venue bought out by Atlanta United. They are saying the atmosphere is awesome. I'm watching at home.

Overall don't care who wins, both these teams are fine with me. But cheering for Argentina. They haven't won in a long time, let the big guy go out with a win (and goal) and MOSTLY due to Almada ~ first MLS player to reach the Finals and if Argentina wins, first to win. #ATLUTD ⚽🏆❤️🖤💛

I hope Argentina hangs on. But I probably just jinxed them.

I don’t like to see repeat champions in any sport. Except for the Flyers in 1974 and 75. :teeth:

I really wasn’t aware of the WC the last time Argentina won.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter