Fifth gate

grossmansr

Mouseketeer
While I realize this is never going to happen, I can't help but mourn for what might have been, under different leadership. Clearly the parks are just too crowded with not enough attractions to go around. No amount of Genie maneuvering is going to change that. The only way forward that I can see is by providing MORE, not LESS. And I don't mean more restaurants, resorts, or shops. I mean real entertainment - rides, shows, and experiences.

I think we will eventually see a 5th park for Disney. Universal's Epic Universe will def push them to do something. Disney is already losing MASSIVE amounts of guests to Universal just this year alone, mainly because of price hikes. Universal is experiencing unprecedented levels of hotel bookings, AP sales, and theme park guests in comparison to years before. Social media points to the majority of those being Disney converts.

While I realize this is never going to happen, I can't help but mourn for what might have been, under different leadership. Clearly, the parks are just too crowded with not enough attractions to go around. No amount of Genie maneuvering is going to change that. The only way forward that I can see is by providing MORE, not LESS. And I don't mean more restaurants, resorts, or shops. I mean real entertainment - rides, shows, and experiences.
Theme parks have always been crowded. I remember waiting 3 hours for Pirates at Disneyland 40 years ago when I was a kid. There were crowds everywhere. Huge lines for food. And the food was much worse than it is now.

The parks have changed and added some more attractions over the years, but society also has changed. I think people are a lot more impatient. Blame the internet and smartphones, but that's how it is and it frustrates people visiting theme parks, which require lots and lots of patience.

If you think I am ripping on people for being impatient, I am not. We live in a society where it is rare that you have to wait for anything. I know I don't. Theme parks in many ways are like going back in time....to an era where people had to wait in line and battle crowds. For many people, that is like waking up in a different world.

There is no question that some things are missing from the past. High-labor parades and a general reduction in staffing, entertainment and park hours is disappointing.

This new Genie thing may help get more attractions into the parks. Nothing will sell more $40 lighting passes better than a new, hot attraction. The more new, hot attractions you can build, the more money you can make. The trickle-down effect of more attractions could help everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter