Fifth Park in Florida

DisCopper

DIS Veteran
OK, I'm interested to hear people's ideas for a 5th gate in Florida. If you were an Imagineer, what would you come up with?

Here's the catch: you can't say anything that's already been considered. In other words, no DisneySea, no California Adventure, no Night Kingdom, no Villains Park, etc... Nothing that has been discussed before. You've got to come up with your own idea.

I think it's pretty hard to come up with an original concept. Disney is covering most of it in smaller ways elsewhere in the World.

My thought:
We have World Showcase at EPCOT. How about an American Showcase somewhere else. Sections of the Park can be broken up into regions of the US (New England, the south, the mid-west, etc...). Each area is sort of the fantasy version of the real thing. A New England square without cars everywhere and electrical lines overhead for example.

Probably not a great idea, but it was the first thing that came to mind.

Anyone else?

Here's the catch: you can't say anything that's already been considered. In other words, no DisneySea,
Oh, you cut me deep my friend. I am dreaming of the day when they officially announce a DisneySea clone somewhere on American soil.

But in response to your thread. How about "Crockett Country". An entire theme-park revolving around early American explorers & pioneers such as Davy Crockett & Daniel Boone. There could be a wildlife viewing area with black bear, otter, etc. (I know what everyone is thinking...that belongs in AK). But hey, roll with it. ;) There could be exploration trails, "waterfalls" (yes..man-made, but waterfalls nonetheless). Indian/Pioneer stunt shows, etc. Crockett Mtn could be an indoor/outdoor family coaster along the same level as BTM & EE. Outdoor logging shows, etc. Just a thought.

Fun topic. Can't wait to read other ideas. :cool2:

Oh, you cut me deep my friend. I am dreaming of the day when they officially announce a DisneySea clone somewhere on American soil.

But in response to your thread. How about "Crockett Country". An entire theme-park revolving around early American explorers & pioneers such as Davy Crockett & Daniel Boone. There could be a wildlife viewing area with black bear, otter, etc. (I know what everyone is thinking...that belongs in AK). But hey, roll with it. ;) There could be exploration trails, "waterfalls" (yes..man-made, but waterfalls nonetheless). Indian/Pioneer stunt shows, etc. Crockett Mtn could be an indoor/outdoor family coaster along the same level as BTM & EE. Outdoor logging shows, etc. Just a thought.

Fun topic. Can't wait to read other ideas. :cool2:

That is a great idea.You should send it in.:thumbsup2

I have always imagined what it would be like to be MORE IMMERSED into the Disney movies. Instead of taking a ride that was created 50-years ago with today's technology make it more immersive.

What about if you had separate lands for Peter Pan, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, etc. So instead of just one ride was tied to each of the movies, how about THREE? Imagine walking thru the 100-hundred acre wood. Would Soarin be an even cooler ride if you flying thru Old England with Peter Pan?

The colors ViBRant. It might appear that you are walking into a cartoon.

Some lands would be have a roof so that you could change the lighting over a period of time so it would appear dark when during the day (like is done in Las Vegas). Or use it to give the appearance that you are Under the Sea with the Little Mermaid. You could show fish, sharks, turtles, etc floating just over head.

Include within it 2 rides similar to Toy Story Mania and one being a roller coaster. Now that would be beyond cool!! Something to do while you are upside down on a roller coaster.

And I imagine a Pinnochio land where you would get on a coaster that would load from a high elevation, but then plunge into an animated ocean only to be swallowed by a whale then spit back out onto dry land.

Have a kiddie land that would have about 30 rides for kids that were under 48". The rides would only be for the little tikes.

It would be a kid-friendly, but a highly technical park.

I have always imagined what it would be like to be MORE IMMERSED into the Disney movies. Instead of taking a ride that was created 50-years ago with today's technology make it more immersive.

What about if you had separate lands for Peter Pan, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, etc. So instead of just one ride was tied to each of the movies, how about THREE? Imagine walking thru the 100-hundred acre wood. Would Soarin be an even cooler ride if you flying thru Old England with Peter Pan?

Some lands would be have a roof so that you could change the lighting over a period of time so it would appear dark when during the day (like is done in Las Vegas). Or use it to give the appearance that you are Under the Sea with the Little Mermaid. You could show fish, sharks, turtles, etc floating just over head.

Include within it 2 rides similar to Toy Story Mania and one being a roller coaster. Now that would be beyond cool!! Something to do while you are upside down on a roller coaster.

And I imagine a Pinnochio land where you would get on a coaster that would load from a high elevation, but then plunge into an animated ocean only to be swallowed by a whale then spit back out onto dry land.

Have a kiddie land that would have about 30 rides for kids that were under 48". The rides would only be for the little tikes.

I love this idea, would love it more if it also spawned some more heavily Disney themed resorts.

Also I have nothing new to add but the aforementioned Villains park combined with Pixar and Marvel could be a winner.

i have no ideas..but just have to say..this would be awesome...disney classics are so amazing a park like this would be magical (i tried to come up with a not so cheesy word but i couldnt) :lovestruc

I think a superhero park would be super cool. Considering Spidey is now a part of WD, imagine the crazy amount of thrill rides and shows. They could have a good and evil part of the park.

Personally, I want to see DisneySea. Seaworld has been ruined when they were bought out.

I have to say that this is the best idea i've ever heard.. you need to go be an imagineer:)

OK, I'm interested to hear people's ideas for a 5th gate in Florida. If you were an Imagineer, what would you come up with?

Here's the catch: you can't say anything that's already been considered. In other words, no DisneySea, no California Adventure, no Night Kingdom, no Villains Park, etc... Nothing that has been discussed before. You've got to come up with your own idea.

Hmmm...I'm afraid you might have broken your own rule. Plans were drawn up in the early 1990's for Disney's America, a park that would have been located in Virginia. While not exactly the same as your idea, the concept was pretty similar. Several of the plans for the park were later modified and used at Disney's California Adventure. :)

My idea is "Disney Earth"

The overriding theme will be a celebration of our planet, while promoting environmental stewardship. The park will utilize cutting-edge technology to reduce carbon emissions and promote green living. Visitors could expect to see things like solar power, as well as various litter-control initiatives.

Different "lands" will feature different geographical areas of the earth. There could be an Arctic section (perhaps featuring a Polar Express-themed roller coaster), a desert section, a mountains section, a swamp section, etc.

Themeing from movies like WALL-E, Pocohontas, The Jungle Books and even Finding Nemo, among others, could play significant roles at Disney Earth.

Hmmm...I'm afraid you might have broken your own rule. Plans were drawn up in the early 1990's for Disney's America, a park that would have been located in Virginia. While not exactly the same as your idea, the concept was pretty similar. Several of the plans for the park were later modified and used at Disney's California Adventure. :)

Well, I knew about Disney's America... but I wasn't really sure what the plans were for it. I'd always thought it was sort of a Disney version of Colonial Williamsburg that featured stuff from the past. I could be totally wrong about that though.

More importantly... what's your idea?

Very nice! :thumbsup2

Looks like it Might be Marvel Land:goodvibes

Yep... I started this thread right before that announcement.

On the one hand, I'd like to see Hollywood Studios souped up with Marvel attractions and characters.

On the other hand, I would like a full immersion Marvel-world. I was never really satisfied with the Island's of Adventure stuff. I want to see what Disney can do with it.

Regardless, I'd really like to see what Disney can do with a Park that is specifically for thrill rides. Not just a handful in the whole Park. I guess I'm getting off my own thread here, but it would be interesting to see what happened to the World if they had a Park with many roller coasters. Would the families with teens gravitate to that? Would the Magic Kingdom be left for the kiddies? EPCOT for the adults?

Maybe turn Epcot into just futuristic, high tech stuff and do a separate park that's a bigger, better World Showcase - more countries, more rides with an international theme - I'd like that!!

Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter