Figment or Circle of Life or Ellen's Energy?

Figment for sure! Every 6 year old needs to get to go on this.

Ellen's is too long for that age, IMO. I like the fact it's long - for ME and other adults for the rest. And I think an older kid - maybe 9+ - could handle the length.

Circle of Life, however, wow, I have never been so unimpressed with Disney. That attraction needs to die, IMO. I hope it's current closure is really a re-do of the space with something else.

Depending on how long the wait is at Mission Space, you probably have enough time to do Figment, then head back and check out the post-M:S area as well. You can meet up with your family as they exit the ride.

Unless the Mission: Space line is super long, I'm not sure the value of going across the park. Epcot can be pretty spread out and Space and Figment are on opposite sides of Future World. Again, this depends on the length of the line. But if might throw off your group if they are in and out of Space while you are still just getting in line for Figment. The post-show area of Mission: Space has a big video game and a few other interactive experiences, and the post-show for Test Track also has some interactive stuff. You might be better off just chilling in the post areas for these, or heading over to Innoventions right next door. All of these are come-and-go, so you don't have obligations to stick around when the rest of your party is finished, and they are also often under appreciated because people are rushing from ride to ride. Once more, it depends on the line that day but with a kid that age you can probably kill at least 45 minutes to an hour checking out the post-show areas alone, and you'll be right there at Mission: Space when the rest of the group is done.

Ellen's Energy Adventure is 45 minutes long.

I like it. But I'm just mentioning it since that might be longer than the rest of your family is doing Mission:SPACE

Figment! My son fell in love with Figment last year. One ride and he had to have the stuffed character.

Ellens Energy Adventure has always been a favorite of my kids since they were little. The ride through the dinosaur section is awesome & I don't think the movie is bad either. You can learn something.

One of DD6's favorite rides in all of WDW is Ellen's Energy Adventure and has been for years. So, it definitely has some young fans. It is closest so you wouldn't have to cross-cross the park. But it is long, so it depends on how much time you need to spend waiting for the others. I would probably just do Ellen and have the rest of the group know that they might have to wait a few minutes on us, assuming that they would be riding with fastpasses and would just walk right on in. You won't have to wait very long with Ellen.

I know I'm in the minority, but I love Ellen.

Me too.

I love Ellen, but I would suggest Figment, because you have a 6 year old, and Ellen's is so long that the rest of your group is going to end up having to wait around for a long time for you when they finish riding MIssion Space.

We like Ellen, but for a 6 year old I'd say Figment. Ellen can be fun, but probably more for the whole family and it is very long as others have said.

All three of your choices are things that I don't feel are top-tier Disney entertainment, but of those I'd suggest Figment due to it being goofy fun for a 6 year old. Circle of Life is closed and hopefully won't re-open as anything similar to that awful show.

Figment is perfect for a 6 year old!

Ellen is nice for relaxation. (It is long, though.)

I found the Circle of Life awful (if it's still open).

Ellens Energy Adventure has always been a favorite of my kids since they were little. The ride through the dinosaur section is awesome & I don't think the movie is bad either. You can learn something.
I am always surprised how the dinosaurs aren't mentioned, my kid loved those parts!

While others in our family are doing Mission: Space Green at Epcot, I need something to do with my 6 year old. Which would you recommend: Journey into Imagination with Figment, Ellen's Energy Adventure or Circle of Life?
Journey into the Imagination with Figment ALL THE WAY!!! I love it and my son rode it for the first time 2 years ago when he was 7, just adored Figgy!!!

Figment for sure! My two sons both love it, as do I. Neither of my sons would sit through Ellen (or, they would, but dread it). But every child is different of course.

FYI After you are done with the Figment ride, there's an interactive play area (still inside the same building) that is lots of fun, and usually not long lines to do the things. E.g., you stand in front of a big screen, and wave your arms to make instruments (cartoons) make music - 2 people at a time. Its a nice change from waiting in lines and walking in the heat.

Either the lab at the end of Mission: Space or take your kid on the orange version (I think that is the mild version, yes?)

Based on his age I'd say Figment. Ellen's is really long if you are just trying to find something to fill the time and meet back up with your group.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter