Figment Popcorn Bucket Insanity

Are those...in the bag?

Why are they selling these things IN THE BAG? What possible reason could there ever be to sell it in the bag? Whenever I saw them selling the Mickeys they always were ripped right outta those things. I get that there isn't a lot you can do about scalpers, but come on, surely you can at least make it less easy on them? "MINT NEW STILL IN BAG" is like an eBay siren call!

I was going to bring up that I was told when I asked (I don't collect, I just saw people ask and was curious), that they're required to put popcorn inside of them so they can't be sold "brand new", but I've seen plenty of people in lines recieve popcorn-less buckets, but I guess that's irrelevant because they're not even taking them out of the bag!

I love Disney but this is truly the most stupid thing I have ever heard of anyone doing in a Disney Park. Sorry, but these people are idiots. When I first read this I thought it was a story from the Onion. DUMB, DUMB, DUMB

I had waited an hour for a Madame Leota cup a few years back, but 6.5 hours for a bucket, no way Jose. Maybe if I rope dropped and could be in line for less than an hour I'd consider it.

:sad2: A pox on Ebay sellers I say!! I refuse to buy anything from them at this point. I figure if I get it, great, if not... wasn't meant to be. I did read something somewhere that if you're an AP holder and they find out you're a re-seller they can revoke your AP (there's a clause about somewhere...)

Complete failure on Disney's part. They can stop this, they have the software to do that they actually use for other things .... but no, they allow this. :mad:

I'm not down there, but I have friends who were in EPCOT today. I had hoped that they could get me one of those buckets, but when they texted that the line was 7hrs... I don't need it that badly.

I will never understand the popcorn bucket insanity, no matter what the character happens to be.

me either I just don’t get it but I guess everyone has their vices but a vessel that houses popcorn isn’t mine I just don’t even know what I’d do with it

I'll look on Sunday but I really didn't care much for it. The crowds this evening were bad enough just in the UK/CAN area with all the booths and merch. I was happy we went elsewhere today to enjoy. I just snuck in to grab what new items I could and head back to the hotel.

Are those...in the bag?

Why are they selling these things IN THE BAG? What possible reason could there ever be to sell it in the bag? Whenever I saw them selling the Mickeys they always were ripped right outta those things. I get that there isn't a lot you can do about scalpers, but come on, surely you can at least make it less easy on them? "MINT NEW STILL IN BAG" is like an eBay siren call!

I was going to bring up that I was told when I asked (I don't collect, I just saw people ask and was curious), that they're required to put popcorn inside of them so they can't be sold "brand new", but I've seen plenty of people in lines recieve popcorn-less buckets, but I guess that's irrelevant because they're not even taking them out of the bag!

Agreed. My brother sent me that picture earlier today. It is pretty clear these guests are re-selling on eBay with a new, in bag description
I thought Disney implemented limits on items?

They seemed cheaply made to me. Hard pass.

I also asked cast members how many they had, and I got the impression they’ll have plenty to sell throughout the festival.

Agreed. My brother sent me that picture earlier today. It is pretty clear these guests are re-selling on eBay with a new, in bag description
I thought Disney implemented limits on items?

They have limits, as well as other policies to fight against this crud, they're just obviously not being enforced.

I'm guessing once the line hit the one hour mark they went into full on "screw this, just give them whatever they want to get them out of the line!" mode.

That, or they just got those Cast Members who don't give a care.

Or a combo of both.

I don't feel good about buying plastic. It happens but this popcorn bucket craze? They're cute enough but I don't get it.

I overheard a conversation at the FW boat dock. Woman #1 had very cute Mickey Xmas ears. Woman #2 complimented Woman #1 and asked where she might buy some. Woman #1 informed her that Disney is sold out and she uses a buyer.
A buyer??

I don't feel good about buying plastic. It happens but this popcorn bucket craze? They're cute enough but I don't get it.

I overheard a conversation at the FW boat dock. Woman #1 had very cute Mickey Xmas ears. Woman #2 complimented Woman #1 and asked where she might buy some. Woman #1 informed her that Disney is sold out and she uses a buyer.
A buyer??

If I had to guess, never underestimate the insane power the concept of a "collection" can have on people. That's why there's constantly new "collectables" showing up; people buy, then of course you have to keep buying, right? You don't want an incomplete collection!

People make a living off posting pictures of everything Disney has for sale to Facebook, then people tell them to buy items X,Y, and Z and send it to them. They pay extra for the time they spend going in and, of course, shipping.

Several thoughts:
- These people aren't just standing in line -- they're buying a ticket at maybe $100, then using that ticket-time to stand in line.
- I actively work towards bringing less plastic in to my home, so -- yes -- I have a problem with this as a concept and a product. We should all be concerned with what plastic is doing to our planet.
- "Collecting" is a weird hobby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter