Figuring up total of room only. Am I doing this right?

thelittlemermaid

<font color=purple>My life was forever changed whe
Say for the room only it costs $3077.44
Then with a 15% AAA discount it brings it down to $2615.83 {is that right so far?}
Then add the 11.5% tax would bring it up to $2645.91

Did I do that right? Does Disney charge tax on the final total or for each night?

I am trying my hardest to stay at a deluxe, but DH says only if I can come up with a good deal without a AP code {we're going in 2006 and don't know if Disney will put out any codes for that time of year.}

Thanks so much!! :)

thelittlemermaid said:
Then with a 15% AAA discount it brings it down to $2615.83 {is that right so far?}
Then add the 11.5% tax would bring it up to $2645.91

Did I do that right? Does Disney charge tax on the final total or for each night?

I am trying my hardest to stay at a deluxe, but DH says only if I can come up with a good deal without a AP code {we're going in 2006 and don't know if Disney will put out any codes for that time of year.}

Thanks so much!! :)

The 2615.83 is right for the 15% discount.

But the 11.5% tax is on the total amount.

So 2615.83 x 1.115 = 2916.65

I think you multiplied by 1.0115 (a 1.115% tax)

Ed

With that 44 cents on the total, it looks to me like the tax is already added in to the total.

How much are you figuring per night, without the discount and without tax?

It should come out the same (within a few cents) whether you add the tax in per night or for the entire stay.

If you have a reduced rate, the deposit is one night at the reduced rate plus tax

Thanks to all for the replys!!!!
betterlatethannever said:
The 2615.83 is right for the 15% discount.

But the 11.5% tax is on the total amount.

So 2615.83 x 1.115 = 2916.65

I think you multiplied by 1.0115 (a 1.115% tax)

Ed

Thanks Ed!!! Math is a little RUSTY!! :blush:

BuckNaked said:
With that 44 cents on the total, it looks to me like the tax is already added in to the total.

How much are you figuring per night, without the discount and without tax?

It should come out the same (within a few cents) whether you add the tax in per night or for the entire stay.

The $3077.44 is the quote I got from WDW's website {without the AAA discount}. Could they have already figured in tax?

thelittlemermaid said:
The $3077.44 is the quote I got from WDW's website {without the AAA discount}. Could they have already figured in tax?

Probably....What season/hotel is it?

Using AAA discount, 2005 rates for that would be about $231 per night with tax....or $1617 for 7 nights.

denman007 said:
Using AAA discount, 2005 rates for that would be about $231 per night with tax....or $1617 for 7 nights.

Ok, I want to make sure I have this right. The AAA discount is taken off each night of your stay and they add tax on for each night also.

So at $231 per night w/tax for 8 nights {how long we plan on staying} comes to $1848, right? :blush:

If that's the case, that's not bad at all!! LOL!!! On our last trip we stayed 5 nights at ASMo and by the end of our trip we were getting on each others nerves being so crowded in such a little room.

Thanks for all the help, denman007!!!! :)

thelittlemermaid said:
Ok, I want to make sure I have this right. The AAA discount is taken off each night of your stay and they add tax on for each night also.

So at $231 per night w/tax for 8 nights {how long we plan on staying} comes to $1848, right? :blush:

If that's the case, that's not bad at all!! LOL!!! On our last trip we stayed 5 nights at ASMo and by the end of our trip we were getting on each others nerves being so crowded in such a little room.

Thanks for all the help, denman007!!!! :)

Yes, the tax is per night as well as the discount. But for purposes of figuring your trip cost, you can take the room rate, multiply by 8, then add the tax and discount - you will get the same amount...1848(least expensive room choice).

I gave you a per night cost since I didn't know how many nights you were staying.

For 2006, the prices will probably go up slightly. Good luck.

Thanks again denman007!!! You have been very helpful!!! Still learning about "room only" and buying everything separte instead of getting a package. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter