Fila Skeletoes at Water Parks

Sunshinepixie27

Earning My Ears
Hello Everyone! I have a question that I know has been addressed before but am too lazy to search for the thread so I will ask it again.

In an effort not to kill my aging feet, I am considering buying some of the Fila Skeletoes. Are they permitted on the slides at BB and TL? TIA

I don't know if their permitted at Disney parks or not never been, but they look like water shoes so you should have no problem, i used them at seaworld. But they will get ruined after wetting them as there not made for water as well as they are really uncomfortable walking around with them wet.

I have a pair of Vibrams and mine are made for light hiking and such so they handle getting wet very easily (I recommend those as they have the 5 independent toes and are a much better fit). They are not water-resistant but they are perfect for walking at the parks because they dry very quickly (They recommend washing them in the shower by putting soap in them and mashing your feet around and sitting out to dry which is great when you use a great smelling body wash!)

But my only thought process is that the bottom of most of them are designed for traction, regardless of the use. If your foot slips onto the side, you run the risk of potential doing your body some damage, especially on the fiberglass slides. I know it is a worst-case scenario but think about it...you foot rubs the side and suddenly, the traction of the shoe causes you foot to "stop" and you have at the least, wrenched your ankle, or even worse, broken it...
food for thought. not trying to be a debi downer but it could happen. Maybe wear them to the ride and remove them at the bottom and put them in a locked backpack?

Have worn skeletoes at Blizzard Beach with no problem. They are not uncomfortable to walk in once they are wet and there is little chance that the bottom of the shoes will interact with a portion of the slide as long as you follow the standard water slide instructions.

The 4 "toe" design of the Skeletoes is much better IMO because it is incredibly hard to get the pinky toe into a separate compartment and it is much more likely to be injured with missteps etc.

Thanks for the replies. I never thought about the shoes being uncomfortable after they get wet so this is very good to know!

Also going to recommend Vibrams over Skeletoes. I don't have mine anymore (I like my Nike free runs better) but I tried out both and the Vibrams were much better!

There are slides at BB and TL where they make you take your shoes off (the body slides where you go down feet first; tube slides are okay). I usually wear sandals to make it easier to take them off and put them on. I wore my Vibrams to BB on one occasion, but avoided the slides where I've been asked to take my sandals off, so I can't answer definitively that I would have been asked to. I wouldn't have wanted to wear them on anyway. Like waynesgirl, I have some concerns about the additional traction. It might not seem like your feet are getting banged up much, but having been with a two-week old sprained ankle, I can tell you they do.

Have worn the skeletoes for quite a while now. Been hiking, running, had them wet, etc. and haven't had any problems in them. Although it didn't take me long to realize I needed to adjust the heel strap to keep it from rubbing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter