Film Developing

anne1

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone

We're visiting WDW for the first time on Jan 5th.

Can anyone tell me where is the best place to get films developed- we're staying on Idrive- and how much it costs.

We don't want to wait till we get home to have them done.

Thanks and a Happy Christmas to you all.
Anne

Earlier this month we developed film at Walgreen's (just outside the Downtown Disney gates on Apopka-Vineland) and Eckerd (further down A-V, down by the Publix market). Walgreen's is 6.99 plus .99 for an index print; Eckerd is 7.99 w/an index print. We preferred the Walgreen developing, plus they're open (and processing film) 24 hours per day.

Hi Amy

Thanks for your help.

Is walgreen anywhere near thr Holiday Inn on IDrive.

Anne

I tried a noname place on 192 right next door to (west of) Shoney's and they ruined the first picture of the 35mm roll. (It was not too close to the beginning of the roll as the camera reels off a good length of leader whenever I load film) Also bought some apples and plums from their grocery section and they were overripe and almost rotten.

Nowadays it is a good idea to have Disney film developed before flying home.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

Originally posted by anne1
Hi Amy

Thanks for your help.

Is walgreen anywhere near thr Holiday Inn on IDrive.

Anne
Anne:

Not sure about that....we haven't spent much time on I-Drive -- maybe someone else knows if there's one there, or can give directions to Walgreen's from there? I *think* you could just hop on the I-4 West (it's right by I-Drive) and get off at exit 25, which is Apopka-Vineland. Once you exit, turn left and go thru 2 (I think) lights -- it will be on your right-hand side about 1/2 mile down the road from the exit.

Here's a follow-up to my previous posts about preferring Walgreen's developing. When I got home, I took a couple dozen negatives to Meijer for reprinting. I love their developing -- they use Kodak Duralife paper. Anyhoo, I was just sorting the prints and when I compared the reprints to the originals, I couldn't believe the difference! You might expect some color differential, but the prints from Meijer were SO much sharper and clearer than the ones I'd had done at Walgreen's!

So, even though I liked my Walgreen's prints better than the Eckerd, I think I'm going to try to find a new option for developing, even if it means waiting 'til we get home to do it at Meijer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter