• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Filter Advice

garris3404

Focus on the magic!
I just ordered my late Christmas present. It's due to arrive today. :banana: I got the Nikon D50, Nikon AF 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF AFS DX VR (Vibration Reduction) SLR lens, Nikon SB600 Speedlight with Sto-Fen Omni-Bounce, 2 Sandisk Extreme III SD Secure Digital 1GB Cards, and Lowepro SlingShot 100 All-Weather BackPack/Sling Bag. Can't wait to play with my toys! :cool1:

I am getting UV and circular polarizer filters. I was considering the HOYA PRO 1 Digital filters. Should I get the digital Pro1 series or the Super HMC Pro1 series? Or would you recommend a different brand? Are there other types of filters I should get? :confused3

I use the Hoya Super HMC Pro1 filters and I have been very happy with them. The multi-coated optics have been great. I have also used the Tiffen filters with good results.

Jeff

garris3404 said:
I just ordered my late Christmas present. It's due to arrive today. :banana: I got the Nikon D50, Nikon AF 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF AFS DX VR (Vibration Reduction) SLR lens, Nikon SB600 Speedlight with Sto-Fen Omni-Bounce, 2 Sandisk Extreme III SD Secure Digital 1GB Cards, and Lowepro SlingShot 100 All-Weather BackPack/Sling Bag. Can't wait to play with my toys! :cool1:

I am getting UV and circular polarizer filters. I was considering the HOYA PRO 1 Digital filters. Should I get the digital Pro1 series or the Super HMC Pro1 series? Or would you recommend a different brand? Are there other types of filters I should get? :confused3

Wow!! Can you give Santa MY name????

We also use the Hoya Super HMC Pro1 filters. Not that I knew what to buy, I got the advice here! Anyway, they work fine. Have fun with all your new goodies!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter