(Final 8/12)The WILDEST Ride in the Wilderness!" Princess Half Marathon TR/Feb.2014

I was so far behind there is no way I could comment on all of it! I will say your last day was very full! The girls appeared to be having the time of their lives! I have loved this whole report. :)

I love the picture of you with your medal. So cool! Ya know, I don't know that I have one of me with any of my medals in front of the castle (or in front of ToT for that race) I a few weeks, I will be sure to remedy that and start a new tradition. ::yes:: I am a copy cat at my core. ;)

Haha, not like it was my own idea, I saw other people bring their medals to the park for pics and copied as well! :thumbsup2

Your last day looks on the cool side. Lots of sweatshirts and jackets. At least it wasn't pouring rain.

Yes, it was chilly, I think the high was 62 or something, but we decided it was perfect for adjusting us to returning to WINTER weather in Missouri! ;)

Love your haunted mansion pics!

Thank you!

Peter Pan m&g sounds like it was indeed worth it! How fun!! And of course you have some great pictures!!!

It was totally worth it and the girls still talk about it.

Cutting it that close to DME time is so stressful. I have done that more times than I care to admit. I always feel like an hour should be ample...sadly it isn't always. Last fall... it took me an hour to get from main street to kidani village. Luckily, I had given myself a bit of wiggle room and wasn't running for DME.

I have never cut it this close before, in fact, I usually don't go to the park on the last day, so it was pretty stressful! I was just glad we made it on the bus. I'm sure there would have been another, but then I would have been worried about being late to the airport!

Your final thoughts...

I think it is ok to have more than one favorite resort. One per category. Pop is mine for value for sure!

Yep, I definitely have a favorite in the Deluxe and Value categories. I haven't ever stayed at a moderate, so some of those should go on my bucket list!

I agree that the walk to Epcot from the Epcot area resorts is amazing!

I think you are not the first or will be the last to realize that about the swinging chairs. Makes me wonder why they have them when without fail someone in each class falls. :rolleyes:

I have never heard of anyone else falling, but it would make me feel better if I wasn't the only one! :lmao:

RD is important to avoid crowds. I know this... but somehow I always miss rd. Don't get me wrong I get there early...but rarely at RD and it has been FOREVER since I have seen the opening ceremony in MK. I will have to be more diligent and follow your advice... RD...must hit RD! :goodvibes

Don't get me wrong, there have been quite a few times when we arrived 10-20 minutes AFTER RD. We seem to hit it less and less as the trip goes on. ;) We always make it that first morning though!

I rarely stop for characters in the park. If I really think about it, they are much better interactions aren't they. Hmm... I may need to approach this differently too.

Ok, so you and the no sleeping after the half!!! :faint: :worship: I still think that you were crazy! Not that I sleep mid day but I have to make it an early night. Must be cause I am older than you ;)

You aren't much older! It's just something that happens to me at Disney. I can't stay up late at all when I'm at home, but at Disney I don't want to waste any time sleeping for fear of missing anything!

I totally forgot about your bra "mishap" :rotfl2: I will be sure to learn from your lesson ;)

I am still so impressed with the number of times you rode on BTMRR! I think I would be too giddy about it and probably would not hold up the right number of fingers too.

Isn't it great that Disney can have something for everyone? Toddler to Teen... or even older :goodvibes

Yep! One of my favorite things about Disney! :goodvibes

I am with you on doing your first half in Disney. Personally, I have only done my long races in Disney... not because I don't want them to be challenging. I still push myself and challenge myself with them. However there is just something special about a long race put on by Disney that I just love.

I'm not sure if I will EVER do a long race that isn't at Disney! First off, it's a perfect excuse to go to my favorite place! ;) Also, my work schedule does not allow me to leave town very often at all and there are no big races in my rural area. I would have to travel anyway, so why not to the most magical place ever?!?! :)

My kids always are fascinated by any wildlife they come across in disney. I have had many down moments were the thought of "I paid how much for a park ticket and we are watching the ducks" has come to mind. So yes... disney ducks are to be revered by all.

I find it amusing because we live in the country and are SURROUNDED by wildlife daily. I'm like: We could stay home and spend thousands less if you just want to talk to ducks and squirrels! :rotfl:

Some of my favorite moments (or trips) have been ones that I have had with people I have met here on dis. I totally agree! It is very special. :goodvibes

It was really great to meet some of the runners that I had been talking to while training all fall. I'm so excited to do that again! :thumbsup2

I was so far behind there is no way I could comment on all of it! I will say your last day was very full! The girls appeared to be having the time of their lives! I have loved this whole report. :)

They had the best trip and Savannah says that this trip and her first are the trips she remembers the most! I totally get not being able to comment on everything, I comment in my head when that happens and then end up not remembering by the time it's my turn to reply! ;)

Karen- you did it again. Talking about your br#!!! :)

Great wrap up! And I can't wait to meet everyone for GSC this year as well! It's gonna be so much fun!! (you know ,outside the running part!) :rotfl2:

I can't believe you didn't have a full out panic attack over that bus situation- I would have! But at least you got that magical time with Peter Pan. I love that Eleanor had a PP birthday party. That is so awesome!

Great wrap-up to a great TR! Loved all of it and your pictures tell such a great story.

Congratulations again on your first half-marathon. :cool1:

Karen- you did it again. Talking about your br#!!! :)

Great wrap up! And I can't wait to meet everyone for GSC this year as well! It's gonna be so much fun!! (you know ,outside the running part!) :rotfl2:

I can't believe you didn't have a full out panic attack over that bus situation- I would have! But at least you got that magical time with Peter Pan. I love that Eleanor had a PP birthday party. That is so awesome!

:p

Uh yeah, I don't know how I didn't totally freak...Disney magic? Maybe I did and I just don't remember. :lmao: I HATE being late, so yeah...it was uncool.

Great wrap-up to a great TR! Loved all of it and your pictures tell such a great story.

Congratulations again on your first half-marathon. :cool1:

Thank you so much!! :goodvibes

I thought it was fitting that Savannah & Eleanor got together yesterday to FINALLY make their penny bracelets! All the trouble she gave me about dragging out this TR and then she did the same thing. ;)

Eleanor is super-crafty and I think she found a way to make a couple different bracelets out of pressed pennies on Pinterest. Savannah took a couple pictures for me to share.

It looks like it took a bit of time and effort!
IMG_6734.jpg

This is her favorite, she put her favorite pennies on it as well.
IMG_4603.jpg

They both made one like that, where the pennies were connected.
IMG_3150.jpg

Then they also made one with the remainder of their pennies (a LOT!) that I really like. It jingles!
IMG_9547.jpg

I think they came out great and SUCH a cool keepsake from collecting pressed pennies! :goodvibes

Savannah posted this on her Instagram, I thought it was so cute that she used a picture of them actually getting a penny from one of the machines when they were there. :lovestruc

10584534_1512675032279150_147880505_n.jpg

Loved the recap and so happy you had an awesome trip!! Congrats on your medal! I did the same dangly style with some of my pressed pennies, but I have an awesome idea for this year's!!! :cool1:

Awesome HM pics! I'm glad the girls had such a good time with Peter and Wendy! There's something about a Ginger boy! ;) The pressed penny bracelets are really cool! I hope the kids and I can get enough on this trip to try making those, as well as another project I have in mind. You're right that the pennies are a great keepsake! :goodvibes

I find it amusing because we live in the country and are SURROUNDED by wildlife daily. I'm like: We could stay home and spend thousands less if you just want to talk to ducks and squirrels!

OMG, right?!!! I have so much wildlife nearby that we don't even need to go to a zoo (ok so maybe a zoo cause there are no lions and such;)) so I am not sure why the ducks of disney always thrill my kids so. Course now with dd and dsil having a fondness for slimy critters...they like to stop for any and all reptiles or amphibians.

LOVE the bracelets they girls made. So cool! :thumbsup2

They had the best trip and Savannah says that this trip and her first are the trips she remembers the most! I totally get not being able to comment on everything, I comment in my head when that happens and then end up not remembering by the time it's my turn to reply! ;) [/QUOTE]

I've been reading all along, but my iphone doesn't work when we are in Ohio with DH so I usually don't get time to read and comment if I get somewhere with service. ;)

I meant to tell you also that Savannah's haircut is so pretty! And I think it's great that she donated it! Love their bracelets. :)

Thanks for sharing your TR with us.

Really enjoyed following along and all your great pics

Love the pics with Wendy and Peter Pan.

What a great idea, making penny bracelets.

:)

What an awesome trip it was so much fun following along. I can't wait to run in my first disney event in January. I have never met Peter or Wendy before may have to do that in January.

Karen...finally getting around to catching up on your TR! I totally think that departure day from WDW that somehow no matter what the weather is like it always seem to feel dark!

I love final thoughts...they always seem to capture so much of a trip in just a few lines!

I so love Rope Drop too...and I :worship: you for 23 hours straight! You are so my inspiration and I can't wait to try for 24 hours with the Tweedles as we try to dance by the pool after singing ourselves silly at Jellyrolls!

Love the penny bracelets...so much in fact that I am trying to figure out how to sneak in my boy's rooms and steal their penny books to make my own!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter