(Final 8/12)The WILDEST Ride in the Wilderness!" Princess Half Marathon TR/Feb.2014

I was able to register myself, my niece and a friend using the link I have with my AP. We all have different addresses, and as you said above, I answered the questions honestly (I have an AP, but my niece does not, and my friend will, but doesn't yet). Anyway, if you want to try the link I have, you can PM me. :)

Thanks for the offer but I think I'm just going to wait until Tuesday! :goodvibes I remembered later on today that I didn't actually register early with the DVC/AP link...last year Active messed up and opened registration early by a day through a certain link. That's how I registered, so I'm not sure the DVC/AP link would have worked anyway. I'm sure it will be fine on Tuesday and there will be an hour or two before the GSC sells out. I plan to be on right at 11am to register! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the offer but I think I'm just going to wait until Tuesday! :goodvibes I remembered later on today that I didn't actually register early with the DVC/AP link...last year Active messed up and opened registration early by a day through a certain link. That's how I registered, so I'm not sure the DVC/AP link would have worked anyway. I'm sure it will be fine on Tuesday and there will be an hour or two before the GSC sells out. I plan to be on right at 11am to register! :thumbsup2

Oh, GSC was already sold out on the AP/DVC website anyway. I was thinking just the Half - not paying attention, sorry ;)

Good luck on Tuesday!!!

Just be cautious. I know that there were some who used the DVC link for the DLH weekend and got their registration cancelled.

Just be cautious. I know that there were some who used the DVC link for the DLH weekend and got their registration cancelled.

I remembered that I didn't actually use a DVC link last year. Active messed up and opened registration (thru a link) a day early and that is how I did it. This year I'm just waiting.

I remembered that I didn't actually use a DVC link last year. Active messed up and opened registration (thru a link) a day early and that is how I did it. This year I'm just waiting.

Active screws up a lot, I feel. Don't get me wrong. I am happy to have registered... but I am now having to wait on a refund :rolleyes:

Next week will be here before you know it... and there are more spots for general registration than for early anyway, right?

When we left off, we had just finished up with SE and as we talked about what to do next, we realized we completely missed our Test Track FP! :eek: I guess since we had done standby, I just forgoet we had a FP to ride again and we got caught up doing other things. The girls didn't seem bothered, so onward we went!

We had a date with Stormalong Bay, so we did some last minute shopping and headed back to BCV. Eleanor bought the cutest Minnie hoodie!
WDWPrincesshalf00636.jpg

I snapped a couple pictures of the lovely colors and Flower & Garden festival stuff popping up all over...

WDWPrincesshalf00637.jpg

WDWPrincesshalf00639.jpg

and then we were back at BCV. Have I mentioned how I LOVED walking there??? I was starting to forget how to take a bus at Disney! ;)

So this is where it gets a bit longwinded in the talking department (who, me?!?!) :rolleyes1

When we got back to Beach Club, we were ready for our last day of swimming! Mother nature wasn't so ready. I had spoken to Rey that morning and he said we had SNOW on the ground! This sounded impossible but the cold front must have dipped into Florida because it was a bit chilly and the sun was gone. Don't tell me I can't go to the pool when I'm in Florida! We decided to pass on Stormalong and just hit the quiet pool and the hot tub. We made the best of it, but it was a bit chilly. After a while we headed back upstairs to get ready for the evening and the sky opened up and didn't stop for a long while. It poured and poured! So much for sitting on the balcony on our last day. ;)

I went down and bought some flatbread pizza for us to eat as an early dinner, we had a date with a dessert party and figured we didn't need much before that. We had to save room for the sweets! Apparently I decided that since it was raining I shouldn't take any photos of this period of time on our last day?? No idea, but the next shot I have is of the dreary BCV background as we headed to the bus to MK. At least the rain had let up a bit!

WDWPrincesshalf00640.jpg

The rain had brought some cool weather, so the girls wore jackets. I still say it beats sweltering heat at WDW.
WDWPrincesshalf00642.jpg

I packed the ponchos as well, but Savannah HATES ponchos, so we saved them for any downpours we might encounter later. Ahem. :rolleyes1

There are some great things about Disney when it's cold and rainy! Lower crowds, balloons look even more colorful...
WDWPrincesshalf00644.jpg

WDWPrincesshalf00645.jpg

and cute pictures in front of the castle without squinting b/c the sun is in your eyes.
WDWPrincesshalf00646.jpg

WDWPrincesshalf00647.jpg

We had some time before the dessert party, so we headed to Tomorrowland!

Up next...lost $25 ears, dessert, and RAIN. Welcome to the WILDEST RIDE IN THE WILDERNESS!!! :thumbsup2

LOVE that last picture of the girls in front of castle with the heart. I am so recreating that with my kids next time we go!

I saw those Minnie Hoodies as well and thought they were adorable. The price of a car payment- but adorable.

I , too, will take cooler temps or rain over sweltering humid summer conditions. I have never been as miserable at Disney as I was the day we went after the cruise.

I actually have fingers crossed for cooler temps this Feb- I run SO much better with cool temps! Course, that would imply I am running- which is not the case lately. Need to get my **** back in gear.

LOVE that last picture of the girls in front of castle with the heart. I am so recreating that with my kids next time we go!

I saw those Minnie Hoodies as well and thought they were adorable. The price of a car payment- but adorable.

I , too, will take cooler temps or rain over sweltering humid summer conditions. I have never been as miserable at Disney as I was the day we went after the cruise.

I actually have fingers crossed for cooler temps this Feb- I run SO much better with cool temps! Course, that would imply I am running- which is not the case lately. Need to get my **** back in gear.

Haha, I just sent you a PM asking about how running was going! Tweedleminds think alike. ;) So yeah, you have a PM.

Sorry about the rain. That totally isn't fun when you are hoping for pool time. Sadly, I think it happens in the Jan to April time frame a lot. I mean.. the rain happens in FL. Just in the fall when it is miserably hot it isn't the end of the world. In the cooler months though it definitely means pool time is a challenge. :rolleyes:

Sorry about the rain. That totally isn't fun when you are hoping for pool time. Sadly, I think it happens in the Jan to April time frame a lot. I mean.. the rain happens in FL. Just in the fall when it is miserably hot it isn't the end of the world. In the cooler months though it definitely means pool time is a challenge. :rolleyes:

We have been spoiled on our past Jan/Feb trips with weather! It's almost always 70-80 degrees and sunny the whole time! There have been a few times we have needed jackets in the morning, but that's it. It was nothing a jacket and some ponchos couldn't fix and I did miss out on some pool time but I still got more sun than if I had been at home in the snow! ;)

Love the minnie hoodie. So cute!!

I like your rain pic

Great pics of the girls in front of the castle :goodvibes

So I could finish off the WHOLE night if I can do this post with not-a-single-smiley. I have exactly 25 photos, so I won't be able to use ANY. I'm not sure I can do it! (see, here I would have put the EEK face)

and here the laughing face. Maybe I'll just put LOL every time I'm joking so you'll know. I have fear-of-misunderstading-if-i-don't-use-smilies!

LOL

Ok, I can do this! Ready?

So, we arrived to a chilly and drizzly Magic Kingdom and had a date with the dessert party. We had a little time though, so we headed to Tomorrowland to get a few things done that we had missed. I think you will find my photos for the whole night are lacking in general, that's why I can do this whole update. It was not only rainy but there's something about the last night that makes me put away the camera and just throw myself into having a blast and enjoying every second left!

We went to Laughing Floor first. When Savannah was little I would call her BOO and she would call me KITTY. Awww, see, the heart smiley would be good here. Sigh.

My notes say we did Astro Orbiter next but I know we went on the People Mover. Ha! My memory is better than my notes. AFTER the People Mover the girls went on Astro Orbiter and I waited.
WDWPrincesshalf00649.jpg

WDWPrincesshalf00650.jpg

After that the girls wanted to ride Space Mtn. I was weary because we didn't have a ton of time and didn't have a FP either...it was WALK ON! WOOT! Thank you rain! I ended up in front and screamed my head off while the girls laughed at me. When we got off, we exited and as we walked out of the building, Savannah realized she had left her minnie ears in the pocket on the ride. WHAT?!?!?

First off, these were sequin ears, ya know, the kind that are $25?!?!?(shocked smiley here)
We walked up to one of the CM's at the entrance and he quickly radioed the CM's at the ride and they started checking. After a few minutes they reported that they could not find them. Savannah was bummed, but only for a second because the CM pulled out a receipt booklet and told us to go to the nearest store and just show it to them, they would give her more! Ah, I love Disney. (definitely would have put some sort of smiley here)

This was all fine and dandy, but we weren't sure where they would have them and we were getting pretty close to Dessert Party time. We headed towards Main Street and booked it to the nearest store and started hunting. We found them in record time and we were headed back to the Terrace for the Dessert Party right in time (for our reservations and the RAIN that had started falling again).

Boy I was never so glad to have picked this night for the Dessert Party! It was raining and we were sitting under cover with a glorious view of the castle.
WDWPrincesshalf00651.jpg

Not the best shot, but you get the idea of where our seat was...
WDWPrincesshalf00655.jpg

We had been eating sweets all week, but mustered up the courage to fill our plates and at least make an attempt to stuff our faces with goodies!
WDWPrincesshalf00652.jpg

WDWPrincesshalf00654.jpg

WDWPrincesshalf00654a.jpg

It was fun, just like our first time, to try out a bunch of different desserts and sit watching the castle. There's nothing that really blows me away with the desserts, but that's not really why we like it. If you go with lower expectations, you'll enjoy it more.

Got a picture of the girls, notice Savannahs new-but-identical ears. (roll eyes smiley here)
WDWPrincesshalf00656.jpg

Oh, I was a bit bummed that they don't do photopass there anymore. I LOVED our shot last year that they took. Not sure why they stopped?

After our desserts, it was time. I am sorry to say I didn't get any shots of the castle images like last year. If you are really bummed, you can always look in my Feb mother/daughter trip report. LOL.

The fireworks shots are nothing to write home about either. It was RAINING, so there was tons of smoke, it was really bizarre and I also had no where to steady my camera since it was raining and the railing was wet. It was so awesome to watch it from undercover though and the smoke made a really eerie look that was fun. The girls loved it.

WDWPrincesshalf00658.jpg

WDWPrincesshalf00661.jpg

WDWPrincesshalf00660.jpg

WDWPrincesshalf00663.jpg

WDWPrincesshalf00664.jpg

WDWPrincesshalf00659.jpg

WDWPrincesshalf00662.jpg

WDWPrincesshalf00665.jpg

When Wishes was over, we had an hour and 45 minutes before the park closed! I LOVE when the park is open after Wishes and we were ready to go...although Savannah was scoffing at the idea of putting her poncho on! LOL! In her defense, the two I brought for the girls were child sized and their heads didn't fit in them! Bwahahahaaaaaa!

My poncho ripped right up the front and I took it to a shop and they promptly gave me a new one. Love that. It was pretty much POURING at this point but we are diehards and that can't stop us! We got on the magic carpets and I had to snap a picture b/c we were laughing at how crazy it was that we were riding in the pouring rain. I think we went around twice because no one was even on it.
WDWPrincesshalf00666.jpg

We could have ridden more but we had a date with the WILDEST RIDE IN THE WILDERNESS!!!!!! and this night a trip report name was born. (cue parting clouds and angels singing...except the clouds didn't part and it kept raining) LOL (it's really killing me. I'm a smiley junkie! I don't know how I can finish without using them!!!!)

SO. Here we were, walking on to Big Thunder. Ponchos and all.
WDWPrincesshalf00667.jpg

and there we stayed.

and stayed...

and stayed...

We would get off and run back around giggling. The CM's would just smile and wave. Again and again and again we rode...

The 7th ride they asked if we just wanted to stay on. LOL!

and so we did.

again.

and again.

At this point we were FREEZING and wet but it was a challenge. How many times could we ride before they shut it down?!?!

I think we were delirious as well, we started shouting WILDEST RIDE IN THE WILDERNESS (in our best country accent mind you) each time they would say it as the ride took off.

we also started holding up our fingers to the CM's for how many times we had ridden.

somewhere around 10, Eleanor was growing weary...

but Savannah...

Savannah was driven. She was a beast. Eleanor almost got up when the CM offered and Savannah just held the bar down and shook her head. Eleanor and I looked at each other in despair and then defeat.

WDWPrincesshalf00668.jpg

and again

and again

I was getting a bit nauseated at this point but I was in it for good now. I mean, the park had to close at some point!

at 14 they shut us down. FOURTEEN back-to-back rides!

We were cold and definitely delirious when we exited, but we were laughing and giddy about what fun we had! The rain had even stopped! We spend 5 minutes LAUGHING when trying to take this photo...

They were going to do 14...so Eleanor and I wanted to do a 1 and a 4 with their fingers but Savannah kept holding up 8 fingers and I still have no idea what we were doing. It was supposed to be FOURTEEN! Bwahaha, I get it now...Eleanor had to hold up SIX fingers b/c Savannah kept doing 8. :lmao:
WDWPrincesshalf00669.jpg

Goodnight Castle!
WDWPrincesshalf00670.jpg

We did a little shopping on our way out and I had to get my clock shot which shows we were headed out at 10:30.
WDWPrincesshalf00671.jpg

It was a perfect last night, we still laugh and talk about it all the time. Goodnight Magic Kingdom, but not goodbye! We'll be back for just a little more tomorrow before we leave!
WDWPrincesshalf00672.jpg

Up next...Breakfast with Alice and our last few hours of Magic!

I really cannot believe I did it without smilies! :bitelip:

We have been spoiled on our past Jan/Feb trips with weather! It's almost always 70-80 degrees and sunny the whole time! There have been a few times we have needed jackets in the morning, but that's it. It was nothing a jacket and some ponchos couldn't fix and I did miss out on some pool time but I still got more sun than if I had been at home in the snow! ;)

We have had maybe not good luck. One trip we wrapped dd in a blanket each day since it was so cold. (she was 4 and still rode in a stroller) Another year required gloves most days. I agree though, still better than wetter weather back at home.

So....I just did a lot of catching up on your report so my (few) comments might be taking this back a bit.

The animation class is so fun...and I love the pictures we have drawn over the years but my oldest is always very unwilling to accept the "no eraser" rule. Every trip I expect her to walk into the class and pull out her own eraser, although it hasn't happened yet. LOVE the Olaf drawing! What a fun choice!

Thank you sooo much for the BCV pictures. We are in the research stages of a DVC purchase and BCV is my dream resort. Since we have never stayed at the DVC side of things it is nice to see how it compares to the hotel (which we stayed at in May). Sorry the atmosphere wasn't 100% one you were comfortable at but glad you made the most of it (walking to Epcot ;) ).

So your Tangerine Café post could possibly have been written by me. As a vegetarian with TWO picky vegetarian girls....the WS is a challenge. Love, love, love me the vegetarian platter, easily my favorite CS and possibly my all of Disney favorite! When we went in May my 10 year old had the kids meal hamburger minus the meat. So yes, a white bun with cheese. With all the opportunities for culture food experiences this is what I fed my child. Why would anyone eat that over the vegetarian platter I don't know but at least I was able to eat my meal in peace.

So if there ever was a way to end your last full day at WDW then a 14 ride BTMRR marathon might be the way. :worship:

Big thunder mountain is my favorite disney mountain! I would love to ride it that many time in a row maybe when we leave in 12 days I'll try to beat that number!

I spy with my little eye.. a smiley. What picture did you give up to put that in?

I'm proud of you getting through that with one only. (Insert thumbs up).

Even prouder of you for riding Big Mountain 14 times. That is so awesome (insert cloud nine). Brings back memories of our escapades on Everest in November when it was also cleared out from rain (insert good vibes).

And I of course LOVE all those desserts. It would have just been a wee bit better if there was some alcohol and a tweedle. (insert drunkenjambotweedle) Oh wait..no smily for that. DIS better get on that (insert disbelief) (insert anger).

Tweedle. Over and out.

(insert mockingbird).

SO. Here we were, walking on to Big Thunder. Ponchos and all.
WDWPrincesshalf00667.jpg

and there we stayed.

and stayed...

and stayed...

We would get off and run back around giggling. The CM's would just smile and wave. Again and again and again we rode...

The 7th ride they asked if we just wanted to stay on. LOL!

and so we did.

again.

and again.

At this point we were FREEZING and wet but it was a challenge. How many times could we ride before they shut it down?!?!

I think we were delirious as well, we started shouting WILDEST RIDE IN THE WILDERNESS (in our best country accent mind you) each time they would say it as the ride took off.

we also started holding up our fingers to the CM's for how many times we had ridden.

somewhere around 10, Eleanor was growing weary...

but Savannah...

Savannah was driven. She was a beast. Eleanor almost got up when the CM offered and Savannah just held the bar down and shook her head. Eleanor and I looked at each other in despair and then defeat.

WDWPrincesshalf00668.jpg

and again

and again

I was getting a bit nauseated at this point but I was in it for good now. I mean, the park had to close at some point!

at 14 they shut us down. FOURTEEN back-to-back rides!

We were cold and definitely delirious when we exited, but we were laughing and giddy about what fun we had! The rain had even stopped! We spend 5 minutes LAUGHING when trying to take this photo...

They were going to do 14...so Eleanor and I wanted to do a 1 and a 4 with their fingers but Savannah kept holding up 8 fingers and I still have no idea what we were doing. It was supposed to be FOURTEEN! Bwahaha, I get it now...Eleanor had to hold up SIX fingers b/c Savannah kept doing 8. :lmao:
WDWPrincesshalf00669.jpg
14 times in a row?!?!?!? OMG...I thought I accomplished something by doing EE three times back to back. Talking about diehards! :worship: I bow to thee. Disney now has 3 new Princesses....the Princesses of BTMRR!! :worship: The only thing better would have been if this were a photo ride and you had pics for each ride! :rotfl2:

So glad Savannah was able to get a replacement Ears. What a Nice CM :wizard:

Those choc strawberries looked good on dessert plate.
I liked your firework shots. Looked Cool :thumbsup2

14 times in a row!!! WOW!!!!! :yay:

We have had maybe not good luck. One trip we wrapped dd in a blanket each day since it was so cold. (she was 4 and still rode in a stroller) Another year required gloves most days. I agree though, still better than wetter weather back at home.

I have been to WDW a few times in Jan/Feb and it's never been cold enough that we needed gloves. I think we just got lucky! I'm hoping for more of the same this upcoming February! :thumbsup2

So....I just did a lot of catching up on your report so my (few) comments might be taking this back a bit.

The animation class is so fun...and I love the pictures we have drawn over the years but my oldest is always very unwilling to accept the "no eraser" rule. Every trip I expect her to walk into the class and pull out her own eraser, although it hasn't happened yet. LOVE the Olaf drawing! What a fun choice!

Thank you sooo much for the BCV pictures. We are in the research stages of a DVC purchase and BCV is my dream resort. Since we have never stayed at the DVC side of things it is nice to see how it compares to the hotel (which we stayed at in May). Sorry the atmosphere wasn't 100% one you were comfortable at but glad you made the most of it (walking to Epcot ;) ).

So your Tangerine Café post could possibly have been written by me. As a vegetarian with TWO picky vegetarian girls....the WS is a challenge. Love, love, love me the vegetarian platter, easily my favorite CS and possibly my all of Disney favorite! When we went in May my 10 year old had the kids meal hamburger minus the meat. So yes, a white bun with cheese. With all the opportunities for culture food experiences this is what I fed my child. Why would anyone eat that over the vegetarian platter I don't know but at least I was able to eat my meal in peace.

So if there ever was a way to end your last full day at WDW then a 14 ride BTMRR marathon might be the way. :worship:

It was fantastic! :goodvibes

As for my daughter, we joke with her all the time about being a vegetarian but hating vegetables. She says she is a fruititarian. ;) So nice to see someone else giving love to the veggie platter at Tangierene Cafe. I think I'm drooling just thinking about it! LOL.

I'm so glad you are reading, I just popped over and found your PTR and I'm trying to get caught up!

Big thunder mountain is my favorite disney mountain! I would love to ride it that many time in a row maybe when we leave in 12 days I'll try to beat that number!

Yes! You must! It's a challenge. I.CHALLENGE.YOU. ::yes:: Have fun!

I spy with my little eye.. a smiley. What picture did you give up to put that in?

I'm proud of you getting through that with one only. (Insert thumbs up).

Even prouder of you for riding Big Mountain 14 times. That is so awesome (insert cloud nine). Brings back memories of our escapades on Everest in November when it was also cleared out from rain (insert good vibes).

And I of course LOVE all those desserts. It would have just been a wee bit better if there was some alcohol and a tweedle. (insert drunkenjambotweedle) Oh wait..no smily for that. DIS better get on that (insert disbelief) (insert anger).

Tweedle. Over and out.

(insert mockingbird).

Oh Tweedle, you know me so well. It was a picture of the waiting area of Laughing Floor, just a TV screen. I figured I could give it up for a smiley. ;)

Thank you for the laugh. again. You are like my own personal TweedleJester, :joker: Rey keeps wondering why I'm laughing at my phone all the time.

Alcohol would have been better, yes, but then I might not have made it for 14 consecutive rides on BTM! :crazy2: I would say we should try that on EE, but I think after about 3 EE rides I might start getting ill...didn't you do 6 once or am I making things up again?? :rolleyes2

14 times in a row?!?!?!? OMG...I thought I accomplished something by doing EE three times back to back. Talking about diehards! :worship: I bow to thee. Disney now has 3 new Princesses....the Princesses of BTMRR!! :worship: The only thing better would have been if this were a photo ride and you had pics for each ride! :rotfl2:

Princesses of Big Thunder! I like that. :thumbsup2 The girls still talk about it, it was such a great time. Best night at the parks, hands down for us!

So glad Savannah was able to get a replacement Ears. What a Nice CM :wizard:

Those choc strawberries looked good on dessert plate.
I liked your firework shots. Looked Cool :thumbsup2

14 times in a row!!! WOW!!!!! :yay:

I was really impressed, I didn't think they did things like this very much at WDW anymore (there's just too many people to do things that way all the time) It was a good time for pixie dust! :goodvibes

The strawberries were pretty good! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter