Finally booked a trip!

LizL

Mouseketeer
I found this board several months ago and have been reading it faithfully while DH and I have tried to plan our trip. Thanks for all of the info and advice you gave to my last post several weeks ago.

DH has Complex Regional Pain Syndrome and is in constant pain, but he really wants to go to Disney. I have not been in 10 years and he hasn't been in 20. We were supposed to go for our honeymoon but medical stuff got in the way.

We finally took the plunge and today I booked us for 6 nights at AKL concierge (great AP rate) in February. The CM who helped me (Nora) was soooo helpful. DH only needs a shower chair, so they are going to put that into a regular king room for us. She waive the fridge fee since he needs it for meds. After I expressed concerns about poor seating at Circ due to ECV, she called over and made arrangements for them to store the ECV while he walks to a regular seat so we got great seats!

We are so excited! I'm sure I will be posting lots of questions between now and February.

Any tips you want to pass along will be greatly appreciated!

Liz

Enjoy your trip! A dose of pixie dust is truly a magical thing. Only gripe I'd ever heard about AKL is that there is not much room between bed and wall if he was 'hooked up' to the chair. Sounds like your DH has limited mobility, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Suzanne

I missed this post, so I'm a little late in welcoming you to disABILITIES. Ask as many questions as you need to (and when you come back, share what you found out).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter