• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Finally getting a Disney Visa Rewards Card but questions....

tbssenterprises

DIS Veteran
Finally getting a card, still waiting for it to come in the mail...in the meantime, do I register my card with my MDE account? I'm a little confused about how to rack up the rewards....here's what it says on the website:

Manage my Disney Rewards Dollars

Sign in to your Disney account to link it with your Disney Visa Card account at Chase.com. Once connected, you can: blah blah blah.........

Your guidance will be appreciated.....

I’ve had one for years. I believe they are encouraging you to use your Visa card as the default credit card on file in your MDE to earn rewards. I use mine to pay for the vacation, buy tickets, and everything else to include airfare. I love the ability to transfer rewards towards a statement credit for our airfare!

So, that MDE is where they want me to register my card to receive awards? That doesn't sound quite right. I would think they want a different "account" set up (like I do with my American Airlines Chase Mastercard and my United Airlines Mastercard????

So, that MDE is where they want me to register my card to receive awards? That doesn't sound quite right. I would think they want a different "account" set up (like I do with my American Airlines Chase Mastercard and my United Airlines Mastercard????
No they want you to register your card there, so that is the card that is charged when you go on your trip.
Your rewards are kept on your Chase credit card account, until you redeem them onto a rewards card.

You do not have to register your card on MDE - neither the Visa card itself nor the Rewards Redemption Card - unless you choose to do so. Rewards are managed through your Chase credit card account. As others have said, once you link it to MDE that becomes your default payment unless/until you change it.

Enjoy your vacation!

It's not really registering, it is making your Disney credit card the default payment option in MDE. But, you can't do that until you receive the physical card in the mail because you need to enter the expiration date and CCV number on the back. MDE requires a payment option if you want to ever purchase tickets, make a hotel or package reservation, use mobile order in the parks, etc. By linking your Disney Visa card as a payment option, you will earn your rewards just by using it.

The rewards dollars are earned automatically by just using the card. Every statement will tell you how many Disney Rewards dollars you earned. Those are immediately available, but you have to transfer them to a Disney Rewards card, which will be mailed to you. It's basically a gift card they will send you once and you keep it. Whenever you want to reload it with more rewards dollars, you do so via the Disney Rewards portal accessible from your online Chase credit card management site. It's pretty straightforward.

Also, you have to create a card management profile on Chase.com. Chase uses one portal for all their products, so if you create a profile to manage your Disney Visa, any future Chase branded cards can be managed under the same profile.

I realized that my Disney Visa's reward points were lower than my other cards so I cancelled that one. I certainly wouldn't want it to be the default payment card.

I realized that my Disney Visa's reward points were lower than my other cards so I cancelled that one. I certainly wouldn't want it to be the default payment card.

So true. There are many cards with higher rewards rates. I still have mine since it doesn’t have an annual fee and it’s one of my older cards, but I generally only use it for the discounts.

That's why I bumped up to the Premiere one. I won't settle for a 1% earnings rate for any rewards card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter